PDA

View Full Version : [PC] CanAm VRL Recruiting - IMSA style

F1_Racer68
17-03-2017, 18:36
I know it's early, but based on what we have all read here already, CanAm VRL is already making plans for an IMSA based multi-class season within Project CARS2

The series will be based on an IMSA style format running LMP2, GTE and GT3 cars.

Start date will be announced once the game is available, but anyone interested is welcome to join us now already as we run a split class series in Project CARS. We are about to run our 4th race of this season, running LMP900 and GT3 cars.

Our focus is realism and authenticity. As such, we run REAL weather, REAL aids, and as many settings as possible on REAL. Even our schedule replicates reality as we only race every second Saturday. Afterall, we need time to ship the cars from track to track https://www.gtplanet.net/assets/12/xenforo/smilies/smile.gif

Check us out at http://w (http://canamvrl.entrydns.org/)ww.canamvrl.com (http://www.canamvrl.com) or on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/canamvrl

We are also looking for 2 people to join as our "Official Broadcast Team". Who wants to be our John Hindaugh or Bob Varsha?

F1_Racer68
23-03-2017, 18:48
I won't be finalizing any kind of schedule until we have the full track list (not to mention confirmed release date), but suffice it to say that all of the U.S. tracks that IMSA actually runs at that are in the game will be on the schedule. That will include:

Daytona Road Course
Long Beach
Laguna Seca (if confirmed)
Road America (if confirmed)
Watkins Glen (if confirmed)
Circuit of The Americas

We will also be "traveling" to International locations to fill the schedule out. We generally run 16 - 20 races per season, and run every other Saturday. As a result, our "seasons" cover close to a full calendar year.

This leaves members time for other real world priorities and to participate in other racing events outside of our league, such as iRacing Endurance events, etc. (although if pCARS2 can offer the kind of organized 24 hour events iRacing is doing, then many of us will let our iRacing subscriptions expire https://www.gtplanet.net/assets/12/xenforo/smilies/biggrin.gif )

If anyone has any specific questions, contact me directly via PM.

We run our own dedicated server for all events.

Hope to see you on track!!

F1_Racer68
30-07-2017, 05:14
While the full schedule has not yet been finalized (specific dates, etc.), the track list for the schedule is ready. Based on member voting, this first season will be a shorter one consisting of a total of 10 races at the following locations:

Daytona Road Course
Long Beach
Laguna Seca
COTA
Indianapolis Road Course
Road America
Watkins Glen
Spa Francorchamps
Nurburgring GP
Fuji

Because the season will be IMSA based, the focus was on U.S. tracks that IMSA has raced at (Indy as Grand Am) or does race at. The remaining slots have been filled with tracks from the WEC schedule. This track list also gives us a combination of 5 brand new tracks, as well as 5 fan favorites.

Sign up via the Signup Page on our website (You must be a site member) at http://canamvrl.entrydns.org (http://canamvrl.entrydns.org/)

Tentative season start date is October 14th, but this is subject to change.

breyzipp
30-07-2017, 07:21
Aww no Portimao in there? WEC or not, I think that track will be absolutely insane for your IMSA format. :) The weathertech sportscar championship runs with 12 rounds in real life (as you can see here ;) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50866-Project-CARS-2-recreating-real-life-multi-class-championships)) so to represent it in PCARS 2 I would stick with the same amount of rounds. BTW Indianapolis Rad Course is not on the IMSA schedule though. :)

So why not add 2 more rounds? Portiomao and Sugo would be great and I'm sure people would love those tracks. Anyway I'm not on PC and diff timezone so can't participate at all, just my 2 cents on the schedule.

F1_Racer68
30-07-2017, 12:31
Members wanted a shorter season to start.

IMSA didn't run at Indy, but Grand-Am did prior to the merger which is why it was included.

F1_Racer68
06-08-2017, 20:22
Please note that we have a NEW ADDRESS!!!

As of this weekend, we can be found at http://www.canamvrl.com

F1_Racer68
05-09-2017, 17:20
And it's finally here!!!

This will be our schedule for our first Project CARS 2 season.

Still spots left, but going fast! Sign up on our website ASAP.

See you on track!

F1_Racer68
10-09-2017, 06:15
A little taste of what's to come.... ;)

https://youtu.be/eiINUwzDtFw

F1_Racer68
11-09-2017, 14:31
Mods, please move to new Multiplayer section.

Thanks!

F1_Racer68
26-09-2017, 17:11
Just a reminder that we are starting our next season on Oct 7th.

Several spots still available, especially in LMP2 class.

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 18:36
May just have to sign up for this. Finally have time for some league play.

Mr.Smoke
26-09-2017, 20:52
Considering joining with my racing partner/team mate. Id prefer the 488 GT3 if available. If not, we would like to know what car options we have. Please let me know and we will both register on your website and sign up officially.

Thanks!

F1_Racer68
27-09-2017, 03:54
Considering joining with my racing partner/team mate. Id prefer the 488 GT3 if available. If not, we would like to know what car options we have. Please let me know and we will both register on your website and sign up officially.

Thanks!

GT3 is filling up fast, but there are still a few spots left. GTE is about half full with the Ferrari already well represented. We're trying to fill the LMP2 ranks right now more than anything else, but if you are quick, the 488 GT3 is still available. There is only 1 Ferrari so far in GT3 class with 4 Porsches and 3 Nissans. IF oyu are quick, you can have the last few GT3 spots (trying to keep to 10 or 11 per class).

Hope to see you sign up!

Wayne Kerr
27-09-2017, 04:46
might have to look into this. gotta support fellow canucks.

Mr.Smoke
27-09-2017, 11:14
GT3 is filling up fast, but there are still a few spots left. GTE is about half full with the Ferrari already well represented. We're trying to fill the LMP2 ranks right now more than anything else, but if you are quick, the 488 GT3 is still available. There is only 1 Ferrari so far in GT3 class with 4 Porsches and 3 Nissans. IF oyu are quick, you can have the last few GT3 spots (trying to keep to 10 or 11 per class).

Hope to see you sign up!

I have signed up for your site and awaiting my account to be activated so I can register for the series. Looking forward to it!

F1_Racer68
27-09-2017, 12:50
I have signed up for your site and awaiting my account to be activated so I can register for the series. Looking forward to it!

Activated this morning. Glad to have you join!

Mr.Smoke
27-09-2017, 13:42
Activated this morning. Glad to have you join!

Glad to have found you guys! Havent done any league racing since pCARS1.

My racing partner should be signing up today.

ECT CHEF
27-09-2017, 16:38
Believe I signed up for the site don't know if that's official

F1_Racer68
27-09-2017, 17:07
Believe I signed up for the site don't know if that's official

You're all set now. I just updated your permissions. YOu will find a Project CARS Signup sheet in the forums (Available from main menus). Just let us knwo there which class/car you plan to run.

And welcome aboard!

F1_Racer68
27-09-2017, 17:12
Just a heads up to all new members, we will be hosting a "Meet and Greet" event that we have dubbed "Roar Before the 2.4".

This will be a full format league race at Monza and is desinged to allow everyone to get to know each other a bit on the track, and as soemwhat of an orientation event so the new members will know what to expect come start of the official season.

The event will follow all normal league timings and regulations, but is a non-points event. It's goal is simply to get everyone aclimatized to the format and each other.

See you on track this Saturday at 21:30 EDT!

(make sure you have us on your Steam friends list and that Teamspeak is working)

Also, as of today we have 26 drivers registered already. Spots are closing up quickly! GT3 is currently the favorite and is already heavily populated. Really looking for some LMP2 drivers to help balance that grid.

ECT CHEF
27-09-2017, 17:29
You're all set now. I just updated your permissions. YOu will find a Project CARS Signup sheet in the forums (Available from main menus). Just let us knwo there which class/car you plan to run.

And welcome aboard!

Thanks for the permission I'll look into the classes after work and give you an answer on the forum tonight.

RacingAtHome
27-09-2017, 20:47
ERMAHGERD! You need to give us money for this definitely profit generating website! ;) :cool:

F1_Racer68
28-09-2017, 00:09
ERMAHGERD! You need to give us money for this definitely profit generating website! ;) :cool:

:greedy_dollars::biggrin-new:

Chicken Patty
28-09-2017, 00:28
This definitively has my attention. IMSA Weather tech series is exaclty what I simulate when I do my own off line racing so that should tell you something :)

Blake-Lee43
28-09-2017, 01:45
I tried joining but it won't accept my real name

F1_Racer68
28-09-2017, 02:10
I tried joining but it won't accept my real name

Strange. I have log entry even showing that you tried :(

Were you trying to create a new account, or log in via Steam profile? The Steam Profile login will require you to enter the security code that Steam will send you. It's is their way of making sure it's really you trying to log in. It's a one time thing.

Blake-Lee43
28-09-2017, 02:24
I was trying to create a new account

F1_Racer68
28-09-2017, 02:36
I was trying to create a new account

Hmm... very strange indeed. Try it again. If it still gives you the same issue, send me your info via a PM here and I will create it on my end with a temporary password.

Blake-Lee43
28-09-2017, 04:35
I'll give it another go tonight mate.

Chicken Patty
28-09-2017, 05:39
Just noticed I'll be out of town during the first race. Guess there's always next season. :(

Chicken Patty
29-09-2017, 06:16
F1 racer, you have PM my dude.

F1_Racer68
29-09-2017, 11:08
I am excited to announce that we have a full 32 car grid for this season.

We are looking at options to introduce a qualifying process that would allow us to have more than 32 drivers be part of the season, but this is not yet in place.

We hope to have that set up before the first race.

Please keep watching here or on our site for details on that.

Thank you all for your interest and support!

crowhop
29-09-2017, 15:08
This is gonna be so good!

Tyl3n0L
30-09-2017, 20:45
Is the Roar to 2.4 still happening tonight? It'll be my first one !

F1_Racer68
30-09-2017, 21:12
It sure is! 9:30 PM EDT

phos4us
18-11-2017, 19:27
BUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPP!

This league is a lot of fun. There has been regular strong turnout in both the LMP2 and GTE fields, but the GT3 attendance is weak right now. Tonight's race is at COTA and there will be spots available, especially for GT3 competitors. There are a range of experience and pace levels in the field, so there will be someone to race against regardless of your skill level.

phos4us
21-12-2017, 18:35
Round 6 @ Road America was a good one. There are still at least 10 spots open for each remaining race this season if you want to get in on the action. LMP2 is the lightest class right now with 6 competitors, but there's space in all 3 classes. Can Am has drivers of all skill levels so there is always someone to race against. Next race is Saturday, December 30th with practice opening at 930 PM EST. Go to the website to sign up http://www.canamvrl.com/

https://youtu.be/tGFSWGaQrso

F1_Racer68
22-12-2017, 22:19
December 30th race is at Watkins Glen. It is shaping up to be an AMAZING race, at least in GTE so far. We currently have 4 - 5 drivers in GTE within less than half a second of each other for lap times. That is incredibly close, and should make ofr an excellent race.

Glasnost
24-12-2017, 00:53
Any Australian's/ Kiwi's out there looking for a league to join but can't commit to the mid-week evening racing schedules... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND looking into joining CanAm VRL... works out that events start at 12:30pm-1pm Sunday and finish around 3:30pm 4:30pm
Perfect for those who have Sundays free.

Great community of participants and clean racers of all skill level/ speed.
Despite living in Australia I'm very proud to call myself a CamAm VRL racing member.

F1_Racer68
28-02-2018, 01:03
Wow! What a season that was! GTE class came down to the last race with a 4 way battle for 3rd place in the overall standings.

Congratulations to our class champions:
- Phos4us (LMP2)
- Nurrec (GTE)
- Drizute (GT3)

Our next season is currently open for Driver Registrations. We will retain the IMSA inspired LMP2, GTE, GT3 format but with a focus on more of the European tracks this season. First race is tentatively scheduled for April 7th. Full schedule will be finalized later this week.

Spots are limited and filling FAST, so sign up TODAY!!!

Schedule is as follows (Duration is in hours):

Drizute
02-03-2018, 14:38
Any Australian's/ Kiwi's out there looking for a league to join but can't commit to the mid-week evening racing schedules... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND looking into joining CanAm VRL... works out that events start at 12:30pm-1pm Sunday and finish around 3:30pm 4:30pm
Perfect for those who have Sundays free.

Great community of participants and clean racers of all skill level/ speed.
Despite living in Australia I'm very proud to call myself a CamAm VRL racing member.

Maybe CanAmZac in the future....

F1_Racer68
27-03-2018, 14:32
New season starts April 7th. LMP2 and GT3 multiclass.

Never too late to come and join us.

Full details here http://www.canamvrl.com/news.php?extend.125

David Slute
29-03-2018, 01:58
New season starts April 7th. LMP2 and GT3 multiclass.

Never too late to come and join us.

Full details here http://www.canamvrl.com/news.php?extend.125

Is full time participation required to join?
Im a evening shift worker 4 on 4 off id be interested in a gt3 seat if available when time allows.

F1_Racer68
29-03-2018, 16:17
Is full time participation required to join?
Im a evening shift worker 4 on 4 off id be interested in a gt3 seat if available when time allows.

David, we have several members whomare only part time drivers. More drivers is always welcome. We do a "per race" registration process so we know how many will make each race, and it also.allows us to know if a qualifying event is needed due to having more than 32 drivers for a given event.

Feel free to check us out. If our schedule doesn't work for you, we understand, but you are welcome to join us.

marcelok
29-03-2018, 17:50
I created the account in your site today :)
:) i'm looking for a place to race :)

BigDad
30-03-2018, 02:33
What time are races ?I'm in Australia.

F1_Racer68
30-03-2018, 03:42
What time are races ?I'm in Australia.

We have a few members from Aus/NZ. It's mid afternoon on Sunday for you. Our races start at 21:30 EDT (practice session). Actual race green flag is at approximately 23:00 EDT on Saturday's. I believe our practice works out to be about 14:30 on Sunday afternoon your time.

BigDad
30-03-2018, 08:25
We have a few members from Aus/NZ. It's mid afternoon on Sunday for you. Our races start at 21:30 EDT (practice session). Actual race green flag is at approximately 23:00 EDT on Saturday's. I believe our practice works out to be about 14:30 on Sunday afternoon your time.

Thanks, sadly I'm out then, family commitments. I only get seat time at night and a couple hours Saturday arvo.

F1_Racer68
30-03-2018, 10:49
Thanks, sadly I'm out then, family commitments. I only get seat time at night and a couple hours Saturday arvo.

I completely understand that. Family always comes first.