PDA

View Full Version : where/how to update pCARS bought from 3rd party DL?

hardlock
21-03-2017, 22:44
Hi, I got a PC copy of pCARS from a DL source online (Game Galaxy) which stated solo game only, no online play. That was fine since I haven't good enough internet for online play anyway.

However, it must be an early issue of the PC game as it doesn't have many of the cars listed here and probably not all the tracks, nor any updates I'm guessing. Hope it's not a bootleg copy from someone's CD or something..... seemed legit at the time of purchase.

Anyway, can those be DLed/bought somewhere other then starting over with a service like Steam?

Noob thanks you in advance! :o

Mad Al
21-03-2017, 23:33
I think you'd better give some details on just where you got it.. as it should either be a Steam title or from the Oculus store.. both of which should include online and updates to the latest version. Even the DVD version uses Steam..

Roger Prynne
22-03-2017, 00:01
Strange how I cant find that version anywhere online?
Also your Game Galaxy is just a 'Best Free to Play Games' site with 4 games (is that your site?)

If you don't come back with a legitimate link in 2 days then this thread will be deleted as spam.....
(put spaces where the dots should be as you cant post any links yet)

hardlock
22-03-2017, 01:41
Got it through here:

dealscube.com/listing/project-cars-pc-download-video-game/16390

(not letting me post URL so add what's needed to line)

Note text description at bottom about no online use. I asked today about updates and was told "none available"(?)

konnos
22-03-2017, 07:47
Pretty sure you got conned and this is an offline cracked version of PCARS.

Mad Al
22-03-2017, 09:06
Got it through here:

dealscube.com/listing/project-cars-pc-download-video-game/16390

(not letting me post URL so add what's needed to line)

Note text description at bottom about no online use. I asked today about updates and was told "none available"(?)

Then I suggest you ask for your money back... and buy the proper version off Steam (best when there is a sale on)..

If you go into your Documents, there is a folder called Project CARS and in there a folder called dbgSession.
Whenever you fire up the game it should produce a date and time stamped folder in the above, which has log files in there.
Open app.log and at the top it should have something like

[Session][Platform] PC
[Session][Config] Gold
[Session][GoldVer] Publish
[Session][ExeBit] 64
[Session][Date] 31/01/2017
[Session][Time] 15:49:45
[Session][UTC] 15:49:45

[Session][Exe Built] Fri Nov 18 14:50:56 2016

that last line is the date the game was built.. I'd be interested to know what date you get there.

P.S even though you may have a slow internet connection and think MP is not an option, there are still other parts of the game that are online, such as the TT and the community events, where you effectively complete offline, but your lap is posted online.

hardlock
22-03-2017, 09:40
Thanks all! I guess I get what I pay for.... Anyway Mad Al, my Project CARS directory has 2 subs and 1 file. The file is "graphicsconfig.." and the 2 dir. are "records" and "ugc". The "records" folder has a sub named "guests" with nothing in it. The "uqc" folder is empty also.

I also searched the entire drive for "dbgSession" with nothing found....?

Wonder if I can maybe register the program with steam and get an active connection? I did get a registration key code needed to run the prog. if that means anything.

Mad Al
22-03-2017, 09:55
Thanks all! I guess I get what I pay for.... Anyway Mad Al, my Project CARS directory has 2 subs and 1 file. The file is "graphicsconfig.." and the 2 dir. are "records" and "ugc". The "records" folder has a sub named "guests" with nothing in it. The "uqc" folder is empty also.

I also searched the entire drive for "dbgSession" with nothing found....?

Wonder if I can maybe register the program with steam and get an active connection? I did get a registration key code needed to run the prog. if that means anything.

Is that a steam key ?

You should also be able to check the file version by going to wherever the game is installed and right click on the pCARS64.exe and select properties.. under details it should list the file version (also the modified date should give a clue)

hardlock
22-03-2017, 10:22
That would be version 1.0.1.1 with 5/6/15 as both created and modified dates.

Mad Al
22-03-2017, 11:17
Well, like I said, ask for a refund.. there are a dozen or more patches that include a shit load of fixes as well as additional content.. all of which you are missing out on.

Roger Prynne
22-03-2017, 12:36
It's a cracked game mate.... so you got done.
Try to get your money back (doubtful)
Do a bit of searching and you should find a legit copy quite cheap somewhere.

Anyway SMS have been notified.