PDA

View Full Version : mommy I'm scared

Leper Messiah
22-03-2017, 08:10
I've been hunted by the xenomorph in Alien Isolation, I've been chased by screaming Zombies in Dying light, but the scariest thing I've ever done is the Endurance race at the Green Hell....holy smeg, I didn't realise how much I actually knew that track because at night you can't really see much can you (please give us high beams in PCARS2!!). Ok so I reduced the race to 2 hours and thankfully no rain kicked in but I didn't make a mistake and stayed on the tarmac (a few scary slides). But my eyes actually "hurt" after the night session. One word sums this race up for me "EPIC"!!! WAY better than Le Mans and Bathurst (which are both awesome).

Ryzza5
23-03-2017, 11:10
Wait til you try that (night at Nords) in VR... it feels like you are in a pitch black room until a car comes up behind you and the way their headlights fill your cabin is like someone has just turned the lights on in your room!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HhSMkbv70o&list=PLJO09rIH740pDHZUBTv7WtSWJzAGUvXjA&index=10

VonSchwerin
23-03-2017, 18:05
Thanks for the idea, iv never tryed it! That is so much more difficult and needs a whole lot more concentration. I did only 5 laps, and that was not easy, 6,25 with the Radical, good start i think?

Fanapryde
23-03-2017, 18:13
Wait til you try that (night at Nords) in VR... it feels like you are in a pitch black room until a car comes up behind you and the way their headlights fill your cabin is like someone has just turned the lights on in your room!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HhSMkbv70o&list=PLJO09rIH740pDHZUBTv7WtSWJzAGUvXjA&index=10
Same on triples, rest assured.
But I heard that in pCars2 this effect is going to be more realistic. Let's hope so and while they are at it, high beams could cover some more distance, especially for the rather dark cockpit view, even in bright daylight...

Dresden
24-03-2017, 03:04
Dying Light does have some deadly enemies at night. Kind of like night racing in Pcars actually. :)

My fav is Hockenheim classic with the headlights turned off. Now that is crazy!

All you can do is follow that little cut of stars between the trees up above. And pray for survival.

Synystr
24-03-2017, 05:22
I got back to back weekends of endurance racing.

This saturday, 6 hours of P2/GT3 at Interlagos with driver swaps and real weather in rfactor 2.

Next Saturday, 2 hours of GT3/1M StanceWorks at bathurst.

RIP Wrists.

Leper Messiah
24-03-2017, 18:28
Just did a two hour supercar endurance at bathurst in the Atom V8, harder than I remembered....I really hope endurances can be saved in PCARS 2....any info? (hopefully not NDA)

rosko
25-03-2017, 10:43

I actually have the opposite issue in the rift where i can pretty much turn the headlights off & still see everything, i hope this is addressed in the second game.