PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Cannot connect online

The_Nightrider77
25-03-2017, 18:56
Hi. Once I lunch Project Cars on my PS4, I get a message that cannot connetc to the server and the online features will not work. If I go back to the PS4 menu, withiut closing the game, I cannot connect to psn or browse internet. Once I close Project Cars, everything woks normaly again. Need help, please!!!

BullWinkle
25-03-2017, 19:56
Have you tried reseting the modem/router?, unplug power to router, wait 15 secs, plug back in power.,turn on PS4, let it re-acquire network.

The_Nightrider77
25-03-2017, 20:13
Yes, I tried. But no good. This only happens with project cars. Also, once I close the game, all the network connectivity works again

Mahjik
26-03-2017, 01:12
Please provide some of the details like what's asked in this following thread:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45096-PS4-SMS-investigation-into-connection-issues

Granted, it's also asking for information as if you already connected, but post up the answers to general questions from that thread.

The_Nightrider77
27-03-2017, 02:12
I never get connected at all. A couple of seconds after geting into the home menu of the game, a psn windows appears in the upper left corner saying that it cannot connect to the servers and that online features will not work. All the online features in the menu appears with a lock. I cannot create or get into any session. This issue only happens with this game. Is like when this game is running, it blocks all the network connections. I play several online games (the division, fifa17, garden warfare, cod blackops 3, minecraft, battlefront, need for speed, etc) without issues.
U

khems17
27-03-2017, 11:55
Are you running the most up to date version? That could be the issue.

The_Nightrider77
27-03-2017, 12:42
Hi. Yes, I am running the latest. I even use the "search for updates" options and it told me that I have the latest update :(

Mahjik
27-03-2017, 16:00
Answer these:

- What connection type do you use between your PS4 and your modem/router? WiFi or Ethernet?
- What NAT type you have? (PS4 > Settings > Network > View Connection Status at the bottom)

The_Nightrider77
27-03-2017, 17:05
Answer these:

- What connection type do you use between your PS4 and your modem/router? WiFi or Ethernet?
- What NAT type you have? (PS4 > Settings > Network > View Connection Status at the bottom)

Hi. I am using Ethernet. Also tried using WiFi, but not good.
NAT Type 2

Again, all the other games works perfect. This issue only happens with this game :(

bradleyland
27-03-2017, 17:46
Speaking as someone who troubleshoots this kind of thing for a living, this doesn't seem like a problem with his network. It sounds like pCARS is blocking I/O on the network interface. This is obviously not the intended method of operation.

The only thing I can think of is to try changing your UDP setting. From the ProjectCARS main menu:

- Go to Options & Settings
- Go to Gameplay
- Scroll to the bottom
- Set UDP to "off"

If that doesn't fix it, you've probably got corrupted game files, which is causing the netcode to break, resulting in blocking network I/O. The only option will be to delete the game files and reinstall. Note that you can do this separately from your save data.

The_Nightrider77
27-03-2017, 18:24
Speaking as someone who troubleshoots this kind of thing for a living, this doesn't seem like a problem with his network. It sounds like pCARS is blocking I/O on the network interface. This is obviously not the intended method of operation.

The only thing I can think of is to try changing your UDP setting. From the ProjectCARS main menu:

- Go to Options & Settings
- Go to Gameplay
- Scroll to the bottom
- Set UDP to "off"

If that doesn't fix it, you've probably got corrupted game files, which is causing the netcode to break, resulting in blocking network I/O. The only option will be to delete the game files and reinstall. Note that you can do this separately from your save data.

I will try turning off the UDP.
I already deleted the game and all the saves, reinstall it, downloaded the latest update and try it again, but the issue continues. So will try to turn off UDP. Thanks

bradleyland
27-03-2017, 19:24
I will try turning off the UDP.
I already deleted the game and all the saves, reinstall it, downloaded the latest update and try it again, but the issue continues. So will try to turn off UDP. Thanks

Interesting. I'm really interested to hear the outcome of the UDP setting change.

When you start ProjectCARS and your PS4 goes offline, is any of your other computer network affected? For example, can you still browse the internet through any other devices that are connected via ethernet? Separately, is WiFi affected?

The_Nightrider77
27-03-2017, 19:37
Interesting. I'm really interested to hear the outcome of the UDP setting change.

When you start ProjectCARS and your PS4 goes offline, is any of your other computer network affected? For example, can you still browse the internet through any other devices that are connected via ethernet? Separately, is WiFi affected?

Not, all other devices are not affected. I can still browse with my smartphone or ipad or other computer

Mahjik
27-03-2017, 20:21
UDP is a good thought. A lot of home routers shut down flooding which it could perceive the UDP packets (i.e. if it's a smart router, it would only target the source the flood so it wouldn't affect anything other than the PS4).

bradleyland
27-03-2017, 20:24
UDP is a good thought. A lot of home routers shut down flooding which it could perceive the UDP packets (i.e. if it's a smart router, it would only target the source the flood so it wouldn't affect anything other than the PS4).

^^ This is precisely what I was thinking. Home routing equipment (unsophisticated) might interpret UDP broadcast as an attack (like ARP flood). Many switches/routers will "shut" the port when this is detected.

The_Nightrider77
28-03-2017, 01:28
^^ This is precisely what I was thinking. Home routing equipment (unsophisticated) might interpret UDP broadcast as an attack (like ARP flood). Many switches/routers will "shut" the port when this is detected.

Hi everyone. I turned off the UPD and works! Thank you very much everyone for your help! ;)