PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars in VR is amazing !

mattan
27-03-2017, 14:38
Finally made the jump from PS Pro/PSVR to PC/Oculus rift! :-)
Have been on the fence for Console gaming VS PC, But i was tired of waiting for PSVR/Project cars..
Project Cars in VR is amazing ! better than i could image!

Dirt Rally PC VR version is so much crisper than PSVR PRO version.

Build a new PC with Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake, GTX1080TI, M2 SSD etc.
With Supersampling 1.5 and Geforce experience optimal settings for project Cars VR, everything is very fluid and nice looking!

The only thing i don´t like is the Oculus rift fresnel lenses, the "God rays" is quite annoying.. The lenses in PSVR is better regarding this matter.
Hope the Oculus CSV2 design have other non fresnel lenses.
Anyway, Racing in VR is amazing! will never game on a flat screen again!
Looking forward for Project Cars 2 later this year!

Thanks SMS for Project Cars and VR support!!

The future of gaming is here now!

cluck
27-03-2017, 15:02
I've been saying the same for over 2½ years now, ever since I got my Oculus DK2. If you think it's good in pCARS1, just wait until you get your hands on pCARS2 ;)

Mad Al
27-03-2017, 15:03
I've been saying the same for over 2½ years now, ever since I got my Oculus DK2. If you think it's good in pCARS1, just wait until you get your hands on pCARS2 ;)

tease.. ;)

jjcuff1
27-03-2017, 19:49
I just upgraded to i7/1070 and love pcars and pcars 2 is even better!!!
Waiting on the 1080TI non-ref to come out this week and I am on it.

I can only do 1.25 comfortably with the 1070

PeterGee
04-04-2017, 03:13
I've recently bought this monster https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Aegis-Ti3.html#productSpecification-section

Plays Project Cars (Non-VR) without any hiccups and everything on ultra.

Still yet to purchase the Oculus headset but will be doing so in the next few weeks. Painting the gaming room also so that's set me back time a bit. Certainly looking forward to the VR experience.

Skrillex
30-04-2017, 10:49

Do you know if the dk2 will work with pcars 2? I certainly hope so as I just got the dk2 for $200 and it would royally suck if pcars 2 doesn't support it.

cluck
30-04-2017, 11:58
Do you know if the dk2 will work with pcars 2? I certainly hope so as I just got the dk2 for $200 and it would royally suck if pcars 2 doesn't support it.I honestly have no idea if it will work on release but it is working in the builds we have right now, that much I can say :). I suspect support for the DK2 will come down to Oculus, rather than individual game studios so, provided Oculus continues to support the DK2 in their runtimes, games should continue to work with it.

DaWorstPlaya
21-05-2017, 23:10

Oh please do tell! Have they optimized it for Oculus/VR headsets? Are there now preset graphic settings and options one can use if they are using VR? I know super sampling and exposure were such a PITA to configure in PCars. I would hate to have to go through that again with PCars2.

RomKnight
22-05-2017, 10:00
I will only say cluck is right and you won't have to worry DaWorstPlaya :)

cluck
22-05-2017, 15:20
Oh please do tell! Have they optimized it for Oculus/VR headsets? Are there now preset graphic settings and options one can use if they are using VR? I know super sampling and exposure were such a PITA to configure in PCars. I would hate to have to go through that again win PCars2.You'll have to excuse me if I can't answer those questions, I'm always wary of what can and can't be said outside of the WMD2 forum. Are there improvements? Yes, I think it's safe to say that much :).