PDA

View Full Version : Some Pcars2 questions in relation to Pcars

Leper Messiah
28-03-2017, 19:47
I'm finally getting well stuck into the career (ok so a few games pulled me away mainly Elite: Dangerous for a whole sodding year then some motorbikes games), but anyhoo Im back at the career and was wondering if a few things are fixed for Pcars 2.

Donington start finish line for one, is that correct in 2?

Also I'm not liking the rolling starts at all in Pcars, far too often I'm dumped mid corner in control with no idea how much steering to apply (yes I sort of steer with the Ai but sometimes it's not ideal). Can someone say if the rolling starts give the player control in a better area (or even better give us control for the lap to warm up the brakes a bit?!!).

I'm also hoping for better weather info too (UI and from the pits), the weather is such an awesome part of the game but getting a radio message that rain is forecast to fall in 30 mins after I'd done 3-4 laps in pouring rain was a tad off putting!! In relation to this the wets in Pcars seem a bit too durable when the track is dry, no idea if this is right but it doesn't quite jive with what little I do know, I can do many laps at a decent pace even at high temps...how is this in Pcars2?

I am SO regretting not getting involved for the sequel, but I actually stopped playing Pcars soon after it was released because I was played out "testing" the game so thought it'd be better to wait and get stuck in once the sequel is released. As I say not sure if I'm agreeing with past self!! ;)

Roger Prynne
28-03-2017, 21:46
In short... all of your wishes should be granted :cheerful:

RacingAtHome
28-03-2017, 21:54
2 was answered as a positive on GTPlanet. ;)

Leper Messiah
29-03-2017, 07:24
In short... all of your wishes should be granted :cheerful:

Thanks Roger, any details? ;) or is it still NDA stuff? Did I mention my regret at not getting involved for PC2? ;)

2 was answered as a positive on GTPlanet. ;)

Many thanks, can you link to the thread?

F1_Racer68
29-03-2017, 13:05
I'm finally getting well stuck into the career (ok so a few games pulled me away mainly Elite: Dangerous for a whole sodding year then some motorbikes games), but anyhoo Im back at the career and was wondering if a few things are fixed for Pcars 2.

Donington start finish line for one, is that correct in 2?

Also I'm not liking the rolling starts at all in Pcars, far too often I'm dumped mid corner in control with no idea how much steering to apply (yes I sort of steer with the Ai but sometimes it's not ideal). Can someone say if the rolling starts give the player control in a better area (or even better give us control for the lap to warm up the brakes a bit?!!).

I'm also hoping for better weather info too (UI and from the pits), the weather is such an awesome part of the game but getting a radio message that rain is forecast to fall in 30 mins after I'd done 3-4 laps in pouring rain was a tad off putting!! In relation to this the wets in Pcars seem a bit too durable when the track is dry, no idea if this is right but it doesn't quite jive with what little I do know, I can do many laps at a decent pace even at high temps...how is this in Pcars2?

I am SO regretting not getting involved for the sequel, but I actually stopped playing Pcars soon after it was released because I was played out "testing" the game so thought it'd be better to wait and get stuck in once the sequel is released. As I say not sure if I'm agreeing with past self!! ;) Not sure where in this thread it was answered exactly, but here is the link to the Q&A with Ian Bell on GTPlanet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/

He and "THeOwl" and "The_American" have been answering many questions there. Both TheOwl and The_American are SMS employees, but out fo respect for their privacy I will NOT confirm who they really are (I figure if they wanted people to know they would have used their real names)

In regards to your question on Rolling Starts, it has been confirmed that the following will be under FULL driver manual control:

- Formation lap/rolling start
- Pit lane manual control
- Cool down lap

All have the option to use Manual player control or automated control. For my league, we will use manual control for all of it :D

In regards to the weather, there has also been a lot of discussion around that in the above thread on GTPlanet. LiveTrack 3.0 brings so many changes that I am certain your concerns will have been mostly addressed around that. It does appear that the Career weather is still currently "scripted", but even that may change based on some comments form The_American. They are looking at the possibility of adding some randomness to it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that due to how late in the cycle the game already is (just my opinion).

As to the questions on Donington Start/Finish line, I can't answer that.

honespc
29-03-2017, 15:45
Wonder why they didn't go for random weather this time. I'm pretty sure scripted was a design decision in pc1, but again now?. They might have found a problem or something if going for random weather in career when they repeated again

Leper Messiah
29-03-2017, 18:29
Not sure where in this thread it was answered exactly, but here is the link to the Q&A with Ian Bell on GTPlanet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/

He and "THeOwl" and "The_American" have been answering many questions there. Both TheOwl and The_American are SMS employees, but out fo respect for their privacy I will NOT confirm who they really are (I figure if they wanted people to know they would have used their real names)

In regards to your question on Rolling Starts, it has been confirmed that the following will be under FULL driver manual control:

- Formation lap/rolling start
- Pit lane manual control
- Cool down lap

All have the option to use Manual player control or automated control. For my league, we will use manual control for all of it :D

In regards to the weather, there has also been a lot of discussion around that in the above thread on GTPlanet. LiveTrack 3.0 brings so many changes that I am certain your concerns will have been mostly addressed around that. It does appear that the Career weather is still currently "scripted", but even that may change based on some comments form The_American. They are looking at the possibility of adding some randomness to it, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that due to how late in the cycle the game already is (just my opinion).

As to the questions on Donington Start/Finish line, I can't answer that.

Cheers F1, I'll have a butchers at that thread in a mo...meantime excellent news about manual control! Although I do really hope the scripted weather does get replaced with a player choice or random option. Is it fair to assume weather is now a bit more "organic" (for want of a better word) and more realistic? I'm a huge fan of the weather in PC but not the system of just 2 weather systems in career and the game alternating between the two.

F1_Racer68
29-03-2017, 19:34
I wish I could tell you about the weather, but I don't know myself. I do know that Ian and "The_American", have confirmed that with LiveTrack 3.0 there will be cases of localized weather on larger tracks like Spa and Le Mans, so I am hopeful that the weather system is vastly improved.

There are also weather elements that now impact the car that did not before, such as wind. Cross winds, tail winds, etc.

Leper Messiah
30-03-2017, 07:26
I wish I could tell you about the weather, but I don't know myself. I do know that Ian and "The_American", have confirmed that with LiveTrack 3.0 there will be cases of localized weather on larger tracks like Spa and Le Mans, so I am hopeful that the weather system is vastly improved.

There are also weather elements that now impact the car that did not before, such as wind. Cross winds, tail winds, etc.

Many thanks F1, sounds fricken awesome and I can't wait!

Sankyo
30-03-2017, 10:11
Wonder why they didn't go for random weather this time. I'm pretty sure scripted was a design decision in pc1, but again now?. They might have found a problem or something if going for random weather in career when they repeated again
I can't remember the exact reason for this, but for one scripted weather allows for showcasing the game w.r.t. weather, and choosing 'interesting' car/track/weather combinations (and preventing bad combinations). Not sure whether there are any other reasons, but I don't think a technical problem dictated the choice.

F1_Racer68
30-03-2017, 12:14
Yeah, I seem to remember a comment in one of the answers on the GTPlanet thread indicating it was a "design choice" but I don't recal the specific reason for that choice.

Leper Messiah
30-03-2017, 14:17
Personally I think that's a shame and a wrong decision, but hey I'm not making the game so will still enjoy it (but still secretly hope SMS put the option to select the weather or have it random! ;) )

Silraed
30-03-2017, 14:43
Scripted weather does severely limit any replay value in the career mode, I never did get those 'Defend X championship X times" achievements because it just wasn't fun knowing what was coming. But SMS know better than us right? I'll trust in their judgement.

honespc
30-03-2017, 15:37
I'll trust in their judgement.of course, but since..

Scripted weather does severely limit any replay value in the career mode...it's impossible for that to go unnoticed to the devs, and since I want to believe they would never sacrifice replayability for showcasing the weather system a second time in pc2, then why again? to make it the perfect companion along with the tracklive feature?

What about an alternate option for career random weather when you begin one?. Just two options:

a) Glorious perfectly fine scripted weather events to show it off along with the livetrack thing for the entire career
b) Full random weather career

Would that be possible?. Would it cost extra enough time develpment?

cxMilk
30-03-2017, 18:48
Scripted weather does severely limit any replay value in the career mode, I never did get those 'Defend X championship X times" achievements because it just wasn't fun knowing what was coming. But SMS know better than us right? I'll trust in their judgement.
It's disheartening since the other element that can also add endless replay value, single player custom championships, appears to be in the same boat.

Leper Messiah
31-03-2017, 07:23
Oh that's a bummer :( why is custom championship out? Surely it's one of the most requested options?

breyzipp
20-05-2017, 20:04
Scripted weather still sucks, even if the weather possibilities and livetrack 3.0 themselves are awesome. I seriously hope they still add some random factor to it.

It's perfectly fine to script the time of day for a race. But really, I've had more than my cup of tea where I set the races to short duration and on a 5 lap race it always rains in laps 2-4...

FS7
20-05-2017, 22:28
It's perfectly fine to script the time of day for a race. But really, I've had more than my cup of tea where I set the races to short duration and on a 5 lap race it always rains in laps 2-4...
Even worse is Endurance tier with shorter race length. Engineer comes on the radio: "we're expecting rain in the next 15-20 minutes". Less than a minute later it starts raining and I have to complete an entire lap in the rain with dry tyres, and that's assuming my teammate doesn't go into the pits right before me and I end up doing a drivethrough instead of pitstop.

dault3883
20-05-2017, 22:40
Even worse is Endurance tier with shorter race length. Engineer comes on the radio: "we're expecting rain in the next 15-20 minutes". Less than a minute later it starts raining and I have to complete an entire lap in the rain with dry tyres, and that's assuming my teammate doesn't go into the pits right before me and I end up doing a drivethrough instead of pitstop.

then make sure you stay ahead of ur team mate LOL

FS7
21-05-2017, 22:22
then make sure you stay ahead of ur team mate LOL
Being ahead doesn't really guarantee anything, if he's closer to the pits than me when it starts raining he'll pit first and I'll have to do an extra lap in the rain with dry tyres. Ideally I should be able to enter the pits and wait behind him like it happens in real life.

dault3883
21-05-2017, 22:41
Being ahead doesn't really guarantee anything, if he's closer to the pits than me when it starts raining he'll pit first and I'll have to do an extra lap in the rain with dry tyres. Ideally I should be able to enter the pits and wait behind him like it happens in real life.

agreed

doodleco
22-05-2017, 07:39

Ideally we shouldn't be limited to two cars per box, every car should have it's own place to pit as per a great number of real series. It's a nightmare seeing the "pit box occupied" warning pop up, just as I pull into the pits with no fuel remaining or rain coming down. Pit stops and pit strategy are perhaps the most irritating parts of the game for me.

breyzipp
22-05-2017, 09:42
Ideally we shouldn't be limited to two cars per box, every car should have it's own place to pit as per a great number of real series. It's a nightmare seeing the "pit box occupied" warning pop up, just as I pull into the pits with no fuel remaining or rain coming down. Pit stops and pit strategy are perhaps the most irritating parts of the game for me.

It depends on the Motorsport really, some have a box per car, some have a box per team. But what is really irritating is when you pit with a "box occupied" that you are just sent out straight again without any service which results in a lot of wasted time (effectively the same as a drive-through penalty), instead you should just be able to wait in front of the occupied box.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 12:06
It depends on the Motorsport really, some have a box per car, some have a box per team. But what is really irritating is when you pit with a "box occupied" that you are just sent out straight again without any service which results in a lot of wasted time (effectively the same as a drive-through penalty), instead you should just be able to wait in front of the occupied box.

hopefully sms will fix that for pcars 2

Mahjik
22-05-2017, 13:15

In most series, this is not allowed. As long as the "call for pitstop" can report your teammate is either in the pits or scheduled for a pitstop, then it should be up to the driver to workaround it. Ideally, you'd know ahead of the race starting your AI teammate's strategy but that would be a little difficult to create.

breyzipp
22-05-2017, 13:19
Well in F1 it's for sure allowed. Most other series I know about there is a box per car.

VelvetTorpedo
22-05-2017, 14:16
http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/the-story-on-stacking/

Mahjik
22-05-2017, 15:38
Well in F1 it's for sure allowed.

Yes, but SMS is likely not going to code pitstop strategy for the 20%, but rather the 80%. Ideally, every car has their exact own strategy and implementation. However, that is a LOT of coding to do so given the number of disciplines in which SMS will be incorporating (so extremely unlikely to happen in that manner). Not to say there won't be some differences in pitstops between car types, but not to that level.

FS7
22-05-2017, 17:03
As long as the "call for pitstop" can report your teammate is either in the pits or scheduled for a pitstop, then it should be up to the driver to workaround it.
That's one of the problems in PCars1, I request pitstop, engineer confirms it, then after he confirmed my pitstop he tells me box is occupied, sometimes he tells me that way too late (like right before I enter the pits). And that still doesn't solve the problem with races in changing conditions, I don't see doing an extra lap with dry tyres in the rain as an acceptable option/workaround, ideally I should be able to wait behind my teammate.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 17:28
That's one of the problems in PCars1, I request pitstop, engineer confirms it, then after he confirmed my pitstop he tells me box is occupied, sometimes he tells me that way too late (like right before I enter the pits). And that still doesn't solve the problem with races in changing conditions, I don't see doing an extra lap with dry tyres in the rain as an acceptable option/workaround, ideally I should be able to wait behind my teammate.

or right after you have entered pit lane its like thanks too late now im coming whether your ready or not

Leper Messiah
24-05-2017, 08:42

When I set the race length low to get the defending champ accolade it was often already raining when the engineer said that to me! ;)

Leper Messiah
24-05-2017, 08:44
regarding stacking....am I right in thinking I've read we can manually drive in the pits now? So we can stack if we want to?

F1_Racer68
24-05-2017, 11:41
regarding stacking....am I right in thinking I've read we can manually drive in the pits now? So we can stack if we want to?

Correct. Pits, rolling start/pace lap and post race cool down lap are all confirmed as allowing manual control now.

dault3883
24-05-2017, 12:33
Correct. Pits, rolling start/pace lap and post race cool down lap are all confirmed as allowing manual control now.

is that an option or is it mandatory for the pits i like the automated drive. it simulates the pit road speed limiter to me without needing an additional button

Mad Al
24-05-2017, 12:35
is that an option or is it mandatory for the pits i like the automated drive. it simulates the pit road speed limiter to me without needing an additional button
it's optional...

dault3883
24-05-2017, 12:36
it's optional...

ok thats great thanks

Leper Messiah
24-05-2017, 18:43

So there we go :) we can stack? or do we get a penalty for stopping in the pit lane?

ElNano
01-06-2017, 21:53
Can we save our profile and restore it after a game reinstallation? Will there be any options for sharing the setups? Whether it is a file replacement or in game sharing. Thank you for your answers.

F1_Racer68
01-06-2017, 23:41
Can we save our profile and restore it after a game reinstallation? Will there be any options for sharing the setups? Whether it is a file replacement or in game sharing. Thank you for your answers.

1.) Can we save our profile and restore it after a game reinstallation? - You can do this now already in the current game (on PC, can't confirm on consoles)
2.) Will there be any options for sharing the setups? Whether it is a file replacement or in game sharing. - Confirmed as YES according to Ian Bell and "The_American" on the GTPlanet Q&A thread