PDA

View Full Version : VR Rift Problem

LionCat
31-03-2017, 13:30
Pcars works ok in screen mode but when I try to use in in VR mode it does not work as it should. I can't see the car or the track and the surrounding terrain. What I see is a foggy image of the hood of the car and the track and the terrain looks like i'm on water with a fence at one side of the car. When I try to drive the car it seems like I'm on something slippery. What I can see is very hard to describe. The point is that I can see something.

Mad Al
31-03-2017, 15:13
Pcars works ok in screen mode but when I try to use in in VR mode it does not work as it should. I can't see the car or the track and the surrounding terrain. What I see is a foggy image of the hood of the car and the track and the terrain looks like i'm on water with a fence at one side of the car. When I try to drive the car it seems like I'm on something slippery. What I can see is very hard to describe. The point is that I can see something.
Have you assigned a button to reset the view in VR.. and if so, have you tried pressing it!

LionCat
31-03-2017, 19:43
I am really new to all this stuff and I really don't know my way around. No I have not assigned a button to reset the view in VR. I know now what I have to do but I don't know how. Could you please give me a step by step instructions.

rosko
31-03-2017, 20:31
you need to set it to internal car view for a start & please post your hardware to help as this makes a significant difference.

Mad Al
31-03-2017, 23:49
I am really new to all this stuff and I really don't know my way around. No I have not assigned a button to reset the view in VR. I know now what I have to do but I don't know how. Could you please give me a step by step instructions.

Control settings, then go into edit assignments. It's at the bottom of one of the lists (I'm not at a machine with PC installed at the moment)
Once you are racing (or just driving in SP mode, you can then press the assigned button to set the view
Also make sure you have a button assigned to go through the available camera views..

LionCat
01-04-2017, 13:54
I have done all you have suggested and it still does not work.
Hardware:
ASUS GL702VS
Rift Headset
Xbox Controller
Touch
2 Sensors
Remote

Mad Al
01-04-2017, 15:16
make a couple more posts so you can add attachments, then either a video (including trying to move around a bit to see where exactly you are in relation to the car) or a set of screen shots might help get a better idea of what exactly you are seeing..

LionCat
02-04-2017, 06:45
Modified Question:
Project cars works find in Screen Mode but when I switch to VR mode my car and all the other cars on the course are transparent. I also am not able to clearly see anything else on Rift. All of the graphics are not clearly visible. I moved Oculus and Project Cars to a larger Drive but it did not fix the problem.**

I wanted to add to this question that I can*see everything on the Rift even after I hit the "start" to began the race. I see the Intro to the race right up until the point where I can actually drive the car that's when everything goes wrong on the Rift as I have stated above.

Mad Al
02-04-2017, 09:47
have you changed any graphics settings for VR mode or are you still using the defaults.
Also I assume you are using the Steam version.. not the one from the Oculus store?
As I said, a video would help a lot.. or even a screen shot.

LionCat
02-04-2017, 11:21
I tried to take a picture and make a video but the screen shot and the video are so dark that you can't see mush of anything. I am able to see shadows when viewing in the Rift but on the video of it not much of anything.
I assume that I am using the default settings for the VR mode because I am a novice and don't know how to change them.
I am using the version from the Oculus store again I don't know where and what to replace it with.
Did you see the additions that I made to my post?

I wanted to add to this question that I can*see everything on the Rift even after I hit the "start" to began the race. I see the Intro to the race right up until the point where I can actually drive the car that's when everything goes wrong on the Rift,

LionCat
02-04-2017, 11:58
I made a video of the screen but I don't know how to attach it to this reply.

LionCat
02-04-2017, 12:22
The video is not in a format that I can attach to a reply. How do I make a video in the required format?

Mad Al
02-04-2017, 13:31
The video is not in a format that I can attach to a reply. How do I make a video in the required format?

upload it to youtube and then link it here..

and I have no idea what might be different on the Oculus version..

LionCat
02-04-2017, 18:11
I made the video with my iPhone can I up load that format to youtube?

Mad Al
02-04-2017, 18:57
I made the video with my iPhone can I up load that format to youtube?

I would think so.. I'm sure a quick Google search should tell you how

Mad Al
04-04-2017, 09:02
You tried to PM me a link, can you just paste it here from a browser.. as it didn't work

LionCat
04-04-2017, 18:37
How do I past the "video" "here".

Mad Al
04-04-2017, 22:07
How do I past the "video" "here".
1. Copy the URL from youtube in browser address bar

2. click the video icon

3.Paste in the address

4. Press OK

LionCat
04-04-2017, 22:32
https://youtu.be/nTeO7S_9lLw Attached is the screen video I hope this works

BullWinkle
04-04-2017, 23:08
Watching your video it looks like your in rear chase camera mode and not in cockpit (helmet cam) camera mode. :confused:

Mad Al
05-04-2017, 00:31
So everything is fine and you can use all the menus, go into the garage and look at the cars, it's just when you get onto track..

there is some really odd flashing going on.. but otherwise, I'm frankly none the wiser for seeing a video.

mattan
05-04-2017, 08:45
Hi!

I also have the rift version of project cars and itīs working fine. (Now)

My PC is brand new and have a fresh install of Win10 PRO - 64 Bit.

First i had problems starting Project cars, All other rift games worked fine.
when i tried to start from the rift menu, nothing happend.. only a "Beep" sound in the headphones.

I found out that project cars needs some older .DLL files / Direct X version, that not beeing installed on a fresh install Win10-64 Bit.
I installed an older Direct X version and now Project Cars is starting and works fine.

In your video it looks like you have a driver or GPU problem.

If all other games is working fine in VR, your GPU is ok and there must be something with your drivers/settings.

Try to reinstall Project cars. then drivers for GPU/Direct X..

A fresh install of Windows is also a good to have.

Mad Al
05-04-2017, 09:20
Hi!

I also have the rift version of project cars and itīs working fine. (Now)

My PC is brand new and have a fresh install of Win10 PRO - 64 Bit.

First i had problems starting Project cars, All other rift games worked fine.
when i tried to start from the rift menu, nothing happend.. only a "Beep" sound in the headphones.

I found out that project cars needs some older .DLL files / Direct X version, that not beeing installed on a fresh install Win10-64 Bit.
I installed an older Direct X version and now Project Cars is starting and works fine.

In your video it looks like you have a driver or GPU problem.

If all other games is working fine in VR, your GPU is ok and there must be something with your drivers/settings.

Try to reinstall Project cars. then drivers for GPU/Direct X..

A fresh install of Windows is also a good to have.

If it works fine on a normal screen (which it apparently does) then it is probably something specific to using VR, game settings for VR or Oculus settings..
Project CARS when it's installed, should have a directx installer bundled with it (probably in the folder Project CARS was installed into, in a folder called _CommonRedist, I would hope when installed from the Oculus store it also runs it anyway as part of the install)

@LionCat
do you have any other Rift games and do they all work fine (obviously you have Lucky's Tale, and I assume you have that working OK?)

LionCat
05-04-2017, 17:14
Yes all other games work as they should in VR mode.

LionCat
05-04-2017, 18:56
can you suggest where to go from here? I've spent about 40 hours trying to fix this am about to throw this game away. I would like to find another good racing game do you know of another?

LionCat
05-04-2017, 19:34
I noticed that this game requires an internet connection. My internet speed is about 6M do you think this could be my problem?

Mahjik
05-04-2017, 21:53
I noticed that this game requires an internet connection. My internet speed is about 6M do you think this could be my problem?

No. The internet connection is only required for Steam based authentication/DRM.

Mad Al
05-04-2017, 22:02
can you suggest where to go from here? I've spent about 40 hours trying to fix this am about to throw this game away. I would like to find another good racing game do you know of another?

Unless there is someone who has seen the exact same issue on the Oculus forum (forums.oculus.com) and happens to know just what causes it, I really can't suggest a lot else...
one thing I will say, whenever possible, get Steam versions of games... you can at least get a refund if you can't get things working within a couple of hours... and a much larger user base who may be able to help (and there are plenty of us who play in VR on the Steam version).

Rirt Rally is also good in VR, but may not appeal. Assetto Corsa also works in VR (personally not that fond of it as a game) .. and of course there will Project CARS 2 hopefully by the end of the year (and it's very good in VR)

Shouldn't do.. if you are playing single player quick race or career it shouldn't need to go anywhere need the internet

rosko
05-04-2017, 22:24

assetto corsa work in vr.

Jcotgreave
06-04-2017, 22:46
Hi, I had the same thing happen to me. It has to do with centering the vr. Click the menu button in the top right. Go to "Controls and help" then click on "edit configuration" (it's the top bar and doesn't look like a button, but it is)
The second to last column says "Center vr" -- click that, then press the lower left "ctrl" key on your keyboard. Now start a race. As soon as the lights start to go, sit exactly centered in your chair and press (or have someone press) the lower left "ctrl" key. That should do it.
I'm doing this from memory, so sorry if I missed a step. Good luck!

Raf Nix
10-04-2017, 16:32
Can someone please tell me the very default graphical settings when e.g. Rift is fired up first time?

After many tries I'm not even sure the vanilla settings were even better. An R9 390 8gb/i7 3770k/16ram/W7x64 running stock here.

Thanks in advance