PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate I.P.

Saloei
05-04-2017, 23:06
I've been in online sessions where I'm the host and a annoying racer will join only to ruin the game. He'll sit at the sidelines waiting for a victim only to curb onto his path, or, run straight into his rear when approaching a turn. I've watched and experienced this myself. If I'm the host I've kicked him out only to have him return as a different name. If we could see this gamer is returning with a different name but same I.P. address, we could continue kicking him out or just restrict his I.P. from entering. We don't need to know his private I.P. but do need to know if its a recurring I.P. address. Any Thoughts?

Ryzza5
05-04-2017, 23:18
Do you have the ability to run the dedicated server via Steam - Tools? I think it has that option for you.

You can also PM any moderator the SteamID (the one that doesn't change) of someone who only plays to ruin online sessions along with any recorded evidence.

Saloei
06-04-2017, 00:03
I'm not looking to complicate my gameplay. Is it possible to add a function where a host can see if the disrupter returns with a different name but same I.P.?

honespc
06-04-2017, 11:21
Do you have the ability to run the dedicated server via Steam - Tools? I think it has that option for you.

You can also PM any moderator the SteamID (the one that doesn't change) of someone who only plays to ruin online sessions along with any recorded evidence.Playing on your own dedicated server ain't a good idea as latency obviously raises big time. If you want to run your own sesion and play in it then you have to make it the normal crap p2p way

Ryzza5
06-04-2017, 12:31
I'm not looking to complicate my gameplay. Is it possible to add a function where a host can see if the disrupter returns with a different name but same I.P.?

The short answer: no.

Saloei
06-04-2017, 14:13
The short answer: no.
Sorry but I posted this in the wrong forum. It should've been for PCars2.

Sankyo
06-04-2017, 14:59
Thread moved.