PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2: Possible future endurance championship?

Madkart
06-04-2017, 19:46
What do you all think of the idea of simulating possible future endurance races once PC2 comes out? For example, a Le Mans 24 Hours race with LMP1, LMP2, and GTE cars, or a Nurburgring 24 Hour race with GT3 and GT4 cars?

The tracks and cars will be there. And the scoring system could be set up as to just taking a screenshot of the finishing times per stint and calculate them to a total. Best time wins!

I know I used to do 24 hour races on FM on the Xbox One (4 drivers per car of course). We used to do two hour stints until finish. It was lots of fun.

If anyone's interested in something like this, feel free to PM me. I'm up for organizing such a series. Cheers!

GenBrien
11-04-2017, 15:23
A bit OT but I hope that they put the glowing beaking markers @ LeMans because in Pcars1 it was quite difficukt at night to have good braking reference

Holi
14-04-2017, 02:49
I hope they make it possible to run on servers with teams of players so you can drive with friends for a team, changing out drivers etc in real time for the full 12/24 hours with proper scoring and vehicle damage simulation maybe some management in the pit for vehicle setup and strategy, would be really cool thing, not sure if many would try and do it though

Could even do it with a bot or 3 on team if you don't happen to have insane friends

hkraft300
14-04-2017, 05:13
I know of 1 league that will definitely use the MP Co-driver feature and run 6-12-24 hour races. Big endurance fans.
I'd love that feature. I would definitely be monitoring, setting pit strategy and acting race engineer til it's time for driver swap.
Not sure if it's made the cut, though. Nothing been confirmed about it on the official site or the GTplanet Q&A thread.

dault3883
02-05-2017, 01:42
I know of 1 league that will definitely use the MP Co-driver feature and run 6-12-24 hour races. Big endurance fans.
I'd love that feature. I would definitely be monitoring, setting pit strategy and acting race engineer til it's time for driver swap.
Not sure if it's made the cut, though. Nothing been confirmed about it on the official site or the GTplanet Q&A thread.

that would be awsome and even better if they had those races on single player with the option to save the race and start back up later like the 24 hours of le mans game on ps2 did

Zpectre87
02-05-2017, 02:53
that would be awsome and even better if they had those races on single player with the option to save the race and start back up later like the 24 hours of le mans game on ps2 did

Honestly, I can't understand why SMS didn't put race saves in the first pCARS... Both GTL and GTR2 had them, and it was one of the best features of those games.

I mean, if they wanted to prevent people from savescumming, that's fine, but how's that different from moving the AI slide to zero for the problematic events? :D

Mahjik
02-05-2017, 03:26
Honestly, I can't understand why SMS didn't put race saves in the first pCARS... Both GTL and GTR2 had them, and it was one of the best features of those games.

I mean, if they wanted to prevent people from savescumming, that's fine, but how's that different from moving the AI slide to zero for the problematic events? :D

It's called budget...

hkraft300
02-05-2017, 07:23
It's called budget...

Mid-race saves confirmed!* ;)

No excuses now the Wookie is ballin with that pcars1 stash...

*joking

Madkart
02-05-2017, 12:22
I mean, I did a three hour at Silverstone last year in PC1. It shouldn't be hard to do a 6, 12, or 24 race. It just requires more than one person to organize the whole thing haha.

Mattze
02-05-2017, 18:20
I mean, I did a three hour at Silverstone last year in PC1. It shouldn't be hard to do a 6, 12, or 24 race. It just requires more than one person to organize the whole thing haha.

I never race endurance in PC1 cause of the lack of mid-race saves. I don't have anybody to rotate so the save option is the only way for me to get real endurance feeling in single player. Great to hear about, that PC2 includes this feature.

hkraft300
02-05-2017, 21:44
I never race endurance in PC1 cause of the lack of mid-race saves. I don't have anybody to rotate so the save option is the only way for me to get real endurance feeling in single player. Great to hear about, that PC2 includes this feature.

AI driver swap.

dault3883
02-05-2017, 22:26
AI driver swap.

yea until the ai goes out of bounds and gets you into trouble.

hkraft300
02-05-2017, 23:15
yea until the ai goes out of bounds and gets you into trouble.

Penalties: off.