PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding names in offline races

JoarSB
09-04-2017, 15:42
Hi!

I was pausing a quick race, and I read some of the names thinking they were pretty accurate combinations of first and last names. So, I searched on google on a couple of the names, and found out there were actual persons which had these names in real life. Maybe not that weird in itself as it's over 7 billion peoples living on this planet. But then I found out that the names I searched on actually had profiles on racing simulator sites and were gamers themselves. That made me wonder how the name generator actually works in Project Cars..

So my question for you guys is as follows:

- How does the name generator work?
- Is there a possibility that the names acually is linked to real gamers who plays Project Cars?
- If it is, is that OK for you? I mean, do you accept the use of your name in the game?

Silraed
09-04-2017, 16:17
The offline names are the names of SMS staff and names of choice of the WMD members. It was a perk of backing the game way back at the beginning.

JoarSB
09-04-2017, 18:48
Oh well, it makes sence then. Logical explanation, but no wonders why I reacted the way I did, since I didn't know that. Should I, by the way? I have played Project Cars since it first came out on the PS4.

hkraft300
10-04-2017, 00:01
Oh well, it makes sence then. Logical explanation, but no wonders why I reacted the way I did, since I didn't know that. Should I, by the way? I have played Project Cars since it first came out on the PS4.

Don't stress. Not everyone is a forum whore like myself so many people might not know the fact about the names.
Although there is trophy to be earned for crashing into an SMS employee AI.

Ryzza5
10-04-2017, 00:25
- If it is, is that OK for you? I mean, do you accept the use of your name in the game?
WMD forum members who qualified to have their name appear in game had to opt-in to be listed by a certain date.
The same has happened again with Project CARS 2.

Mad Al
10-04-2017, 00:38
I've raced my late Father a couple of times...

You will also see some of the names on the sides of cars too.. :)

Rambo_Commando
10-04-2017, 02:47
I realized not too long ago that the fg1000 names on the cars are the actual drivers. Dubai is the only track in that series so that means Pcars is the official game of the formula gulf series. Nice touch SMS. Now get that F1 license Ian.

cluck
10-04-2017, 13:24
I've spotted myself precisely twice, since the names were added, and somebody raced 'against me' a week or 2 back. That said, I don't do a lot of driving against the AI, so in terms of spots per minutes played, it's actually quite high (99% of my playtime has been in time trial and multiplayer)

Roger Prynne
10-04-2017, 13:43
I've only seen mine once in 5 years, but there again I don't really look at the names.