PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I admit, that rallycross trailer looks amazing.

snipeme77
11-04-2017, 18:39
So hi, I haven't been on this forum for a long while. All I wanted to say is GG to the SMS marketing team. Rallycross looks amazing

khems17
11-04-2017, 20:03
Guess that means I'll be shelling out money for a handbrake...

Konan
11-04-2017, 20:17
...actually the drivers prefer not to use the handbrake but adjust their regular ones...
Money saving tip...i'll take 10% thanks...lol

honespc
11-04-2017, 20:33
if the drifting model plays just as good and realistic as it seems in the gameplay, then you should be able to initiate a slide by just powersliding, which btw is what rally drivers do rather than handbraking around. Wrx pilots kinda drive their extremely powerful cars a similar way when drifting through corners.

If that good the physics, then you could also deviate braking power to the rear wheels and loose your tail easier, similar to the handbrake effect, which is also another real life wrx pilot preference (not in rallies though)

LukeC
11-04-2017, 22:49
The suspension modelling and weight transfers look very impressive. And the controllable slides make me think that the tyres will now behave in a more progressive and more controllable manner.

Massively looking forward to this. But first Dirt 4.

evanzo7
11-04-2017, 22:52
I saw Knockhill, I am happy!! :D

Kelderek
12-04-2017, 09:46
if the drifting model plays just as good and realistic as it seems in the gameplay, then you should be able to initiate a slide by just powersliding, which btw is what rally drivers do rather than handbraking around. Wrx pilots kinda drive their extremely powerful cars a similar way when drifting through corners.

If that good the physics, then you could also deviate braking power to the rear wheels and loose your tail easier, similar to the handbrake effect, which is also another real life wrx pilot preference (not in rallies though)

It is that good... I have hand brake mapped to a button on my wheel, but I have never used it while testing rally cross in PCars2. No need to. The RX cars will slide just as you expect them to... and sometimes a bit more than you want them to... :eek: (Which I suspect is due to my limited experience with loose surface racing! :p )

Mahjik
12-04-2017, 13:07
It works fine on tarmac (the flick technique), but the handbrake is needed to get the car rotated well on non-tarmac surfaces. You can drive/race without the handbrake, but you'll be faster using it.

ShimonART
12-04-2017, 14:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUqUVrXclE

RomKnight
12-04-2017, 15:30
if the drifting model (...)

I took the name out of the quote because this is not an answer to honespc. I just want to let this to be clear and avoid confusion for someone knew that may read this.

There is no "drifting model". There is a tyre model aka STM or (Setae Tyre Model) and that's it. No different tyres/physics model for the diferent disciplines in pC2.

Obviously, there are different carcasses, compounds, slicks, threaded, bias ply, radials, ... but thing is, the physics engine is *the same* for everything and it does dinamically.

ShimonART
12-04-2017, 18:19
I took the name out of the quote because this is not an answer to honespc. I just want to let this to be clear and avoid confusion for someone knew that may read this.

There is no "drifting model". There is a tyre model aka STM or (Setae Tyre Model) and that's it. No different tyres/physics model for the diferent disciplines in pC2.

Obviously, there are different carcasses, compounds, slicks, threaded, bias ply, radials, ... but thing is, the physics engine is *the same* for everything and it does dinamically.

ya i hate when people say that, especially when its a youtuber like Theslaptrain, he says it like that, and then all of them call it drift physics -_-"

RacingAtHome
12-04-2017, 18:34
ya i hate when people say that, especially when its a youtuber like Theslaptrain, he says it like that, and then all of them call it drift physics -_-"

Exactly. It's a part of the same physics system. It's just an area which deals with cars going over the limit which is essentially what drifting is.

honespc
12-04-2017, 19:51
ok folks I got it I shall recite The Lord's Prayer ten times as I whip myself in the back for speaking heresy

Jesus

RacingAtHome
12-04-2017, 19:56
ok folks I got it I shall recite The Lord's Prayer ten times as I whip myself in the back for speaking heresy

Jesus

You should receive punishment for doing that but this isn't a religion forum. It's a Project CARS 2 forum.

hkraft300
12-04-2017, 22:37

Jesus

Blasphemer!

Exactly. It's a part of the same physics system. It's just an area of tyre model behaviour which deals with cars going over the limit which is essentially what drifting is.

Ftfy?

RacingAtHome
12-04-2017, 22:43
Ftfy?

I didn't make a mistake. I just didn't state which part of what it was. ;)

hkraft300
12-04-2017, 22:47
I didn't make a mistake.

Didn't say you did :D

Pisshead30
15-04-2017, 09:05
I saw Knockhill, I am happy!! :D

Good spot mate, just rewatched the trailer and saw the hill and etc in the background of the civic coupe. Hope we get the full circuit in game too

Aile_Bleue
28-05-2017, 18:19
Gameplay FR : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBC1Xd_Ano

dault3883
28-05-2017, 18:26
Rallycrosse is cool iv been lucky enough to Meet and talk to Scott speed on a couple of occasions

Cheesenium
30-05-2017, 03:37

I think it is because some games in the past such as Grid does this with different physics for dirft and race cars or you have games that is very difficult to drift naturally. Hence, a lot of people thought that you need 2 different physics model to do both.

IMO, I find most modern games do not need that as they could drift pretty naturally these days.

hkraft300
30-05-2017, 08:30
Drifting is not easy in real life.
It's not like Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.
Older/arcade racers with drift mode got some in a false sense of drifting.

breyzipp
05-06-2017, 09:27
Hey guys,

For those that don't know the rallycross discipline very well, below is a nice video from the preview build of Dirt 4 (full game will be released June 9th). It briefly explains the rallycross race system and shows summaries of the races of the 4 heats, semi-final and final. And it gives a good idea of how exciting these races can be.

This guy raced in the Ford Focus RS RX on the Lydden Hill rallycross track, both the car and the track will be in Project CARS 2 as well. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfOiRweKys

RacingAtHome
05-06-2017, 12:46
Hey guys,

For those that don't know the rallycross discipline very well, below is a nice video from the preview build of Dirt 4 (full game will be released June 9th). It briefly explains the rallycross race system and shows summaries of the races of the 4 heats, semi-final and final. And it gives a good idea of how exciting these races can be.

This guy raced in the Ford Focus RS RX on the Lydden Hill rallycross track, both the car and the track will be in Project CARS 2 as well. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfOiRweKys

Apparently, there's something coming in the form of an article as to how RX is implemented in game.