PDA

View Full Version : Will Long Distant rally be In project cars 2?

QueenEsther
12-04-2017, 06:48
newbie please be nice! I have project cars 2 but was too afraid too touch it but then Projects car 2 was in development and talk about how good the tracks will be so have decided to post! :) Will they be long distant rally like the Mongul Rally or other types? It does not have to go for that long but something similar to dirt rally? Love to see the dynamic track for this type of track instead of short sprint tracks. I am still excited :eagerness: with these tracks but love a little more openness if possible?

Scuderia Paul
12-04-2017, 06:59
I cannot imagine proper rally special stages will be included. In order to offer a variety of stages and a diverse range of surface types you, in my opinion, need a fully fledged rally game. You end up having crap stages like Gran Turismo if you try to offer too much.

Cheesenium
12-04-2017, 06:59
No.

RomKnight
12-04-2017, 09:07
I cannot imagine proper rally special stages will be included. In order to offer a variety of stages and a diverse range of surface types you, in my opinion, need a fully fledged rally game. You end up having crap stages like Gran Turismo if you try to offer too much.

Say... pC2 actaully does this and with a way better tyre model than a "fully fledged" rally game (or any other sim TBH)

But I do agree, that it's a lot of work on a very specific discipline and I also rather see a pC:Rally standalone instead.

Sankyo
12-04-2017, 09:18
It was discussed on WMD, in principle pCARS2 has the tech to do it, but IIRC Ian said himself that rally would deserve a separate game to do it justice.

hkraft300
12-04-2017, 09:35
If 1-way road courses like Azure coast and Cali highway return (also, why the f not, bannoch), we'll have some maaad tarmac rally stages on our hands.

Scoretwo
12-04-2017, 11:40
It would be easy to lose focus in development if they also started including fully fledged rally stages. Development time and people is precious and it's better to focus on less but do it better instead of losing themselves in trying to be the game to do all disciplines. I agree with some commentaries above, if I want a good rally experience, i'll fire up Dirt Rally.