PDA

View Full Version : Me want! Flood the race tracks and leaves jamming engines

QueenEsther
12-04-2017, 07:10
Since there is sea height level and puddles can form that means the roads can flood! They never said it will stop just that it will form puddles so please let it flood during heavy rain. So we can go right in and wash our cars and drive in a few cm deep of water and see what happens. Will the car stop? Can we do it? Will they be resistant? Can we have leaves flying about to make it more natural? Leaves causing issue problems for the engine? Pretty please, pretty please, me want! :) :) :) :) :)

Why can't it flood if there are puddles like i saw in the video as the water could take over the whole road and i can sing in the rain finally!

Fanapryde
12-04-2017, 08:36
Can we have leaves flying about to make it more natural?
They are already there...

Mahjik
12-04-2017, 13:04
Since there is sea height level and puddles can form that means the roads can flood! They never said it will stop just that it will form puddles so please let it flood during heavy rain.

The tracks have drainage systems and patterns. It will not completely flood.

bradleyland
12-04-2017, 17:05
The tracks have drainage systems and patterns. It will not completely flood.

Yeah, but what about global climate change, rising sea levels, and Dennis Quaid!!??

Schnizz58
12-04-2017, 19:22
They are already there...
Yeah but no matter how many times I drive over them, they never disperse. They flutter up into the air and then settle back into the same spot again. Hopefully PCars2 will include a riding lawn mower with leaf blower attachment.

RomKnight
12-04-2017, 22:34
So... they just won't "leave"? :D

Roger Prynne
12-04-2017, 22:39
Leaf it out Tiago :)

Rambo_Commando
13-04-2017, 02:41
Hopefully PCars2 will include a riding lawn mower with leaf blower attachment.

Are they getting the license for the 2017 McLaren Honda F1 car? :glee:

FS7
13-04-2017, 16:47
Hopefully PCars2 will include a riding lawn mower with leaf blower attachment.
Lawn mower would be a great racing class to have in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSIZ4_hFvE

Holi
15-04-2017, 08:18
I hope Lawn Mower Race makes it in for Pcars 3 (or DLC for Pcars 2)

dault3883
18-04-2017, 04:21
Lawn mower would be a great racing class to have in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSIZ4_hFvE

Now thats some GRASS roots racing

Leper Messiah
18-04-2017, 07:55
With regards to rain and track conditions.....will there ever be red flag situations? (thinking of BTCC at Donington race 3!) I'm not expecting it but it would be cool for realism.

Also I notice that in the rain I've been caught out by a wet track (Clark corner most recently) but with no real indication until it was too late...i.e. no spots of rain on windscreen and no "sheen"...now I will stress I was on accelerated time so suspect it's a factor but it would be nice for the spots of rain to appear on visors and screens well before the track becomes "too" slippery. I've read and heard countless stories how some drivers and riders slow down when the first few spots appear on their visors, but the grip is still the for the brave to exploit for a few corners/laps depending on rain severity.

Oh forgot to add, rain for the races in the stock cars was a bit daft as they have no wipers!! Will rain be disabled for those cars in PC2 or will they have wipers installed?

Mahjik
18-04-2017, 13:13
With regards to rain and track conditions.....will there ever be red flag situations?

No

Oh forgot to add, rain for the races in the stock cars was a bit daft as they have no wipers!! Will rain be disabled for those cars in PC2 or will they have wipers installed?

No

Leper Messiah
20-04-2017, 13:23
No

No

Cheers for the info.

Fair enough on the first, I'm presuming the level of rain won't exceed a certain point. Makes sense. :)

On the second issue, no as in no wet races for Stock cars or no wipers, and if no wipers then will we not have wet races? I'm not into NASCAR so don't know the ins and out beyond no wet oval races, no idea what they do at the Road courses if it rains.

Mahjik
20-04-2017, 13:32
On the second issue, no as in no wet races for Stock cars or no wipers, and if no wipers then will we not have wet races? I'm not into NASCAR so don't know the ins and out beyond no wet oval races, no idea what they do at the Road courses if it rains.

As in "no" pCARS2 won't automatically stop you from creating a race situation that is not idea for the cars selected (i.e. rain race with cars that have no wipers, or a night race with cars that have no headlights).

Leper Messiah
20-04-2017, 13:34
As in "no" pCARS2 won't automatically stop you from creating a race situation that is not idea for the cars selected (i.e. rain race with cars that have no wipers, or a night race with cars that have no headlights).

Ah, I was mainly referring to career mode races (sorry didn't make that clear)!!

Mahjik
20-04-2017, 13:37
Ah, I was mainly referring to career mode races (sorry didn't make that clear)!!

No, SMS won't create their own scenarios like that, but that doesn't mean users cannot with quick race.

Fanapryde
20-04-2017, 14:33
No, SMS won't create their own scenarios like that, but that doesn't mean users cannot with quick race.
I remember having to race the Caper Monterey Stock Car in pCars1 career mode (or invitational ?) and the rain after a few laps surprised me...That scenario was not much "fun"...:rolleyes:

Leper Messiah
21-04-2017, 09:44
I remember having to race the Caper Monterey Stock Car in pCars1 career mode (or invitational ?) and the rain after a few laps surprised me...That scenario was not much "fun"...:rolleyes:

Indeed this is what I'm referring too, really strange decision IMO. Hopefully weather will be selectable in career to force clear weather in the stock cars or if scripted weather is back (which I sincerely hope it is not) it's set to dry only.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 19:24
Indeed this is what I'm referring too, really strange decision IMO. Hopefully weather will be selectable in career to force clear weather in the stock cars or if scripted weather is back (which I sincerely hope it is not) it's set to dry only.

if they dont for the stock cars than thats just ludacris and lazy on the develpers parts to not do it right and accurate i mean there whole theme is for racers by racers they should have this stuff covered LOL

Leper Messiah
23-04-2017, 07:53
if they dont for the stock cars than thats just ludacris and lazy on the develpers parts to not do it right and accurate i mean there whole theme is for racers by racers they should have this stuff covered LOL

Hopefully they'll see that it was less than impressive and take steps to fine tune the career experience. Not a deal or a game "breaker" though and thus devs prioritise on that sort of thing. Other stuff, albeit irritating to some, gets put on a back burner.

dault3883
23-04-2017, 11:24
Hopefully they'll see that it was less than impressive and take steps to fine tune the career experience. Not a deal or a game "breaker" though and thus devs prioritise on that sort of thing. Other stuff, albeit irritating to some, gets put on a back burner.

Agreed its not a deal breaker, but it is frustrating. I was a NASCAR fan from ever since i can remember, up till the end of last season. I only stopped due to not agreeing with the way NASCAR was taking the sport. It was becoming more about the show than it was about the racing, and that was just a road i couldn't continue to go down as a fan.

So that being said I know that stock car + oval track + Rain = big trouble in little china LOL.