PDA

View Full Version : Catching and slipstream effect.

honespc
13-04-2017, 06:46
Catching on multiplayer. Something I've always hated with a passion.

Same goes to an exaggerated slipstream effect. Something most definitiely present in pc1 multiplayer.

Are these two making it for pc2? If so, can the first be turned off, and effects of the second adjusted, or better make it realistic?

Silraed
13-04-2017, 06:57
It's funny because I can remember having read a lot of complaints or criticism of pCARS for having a toned down slipstream effect and it being "unrealistic" for multiplayer. It's always interesting how different people view things.

hkraft300
13-04-2017, 08:27
Done some cfd work on slip streaming have you?

Sankyo
13-04-2017, 09:57
Same goes to an exaggerated slipstream effect. Something most definitiely present in pc1 multiplayer.

make it realistic?
If you're claiming it to be unrealistic, please provide facts/data? I'm not aware of slipstreaming being so far off in pC1?

Djuvinile
13-04-2017, 13:53
As far as i know there isnt any catch up option is there? slip streaming feels very natural to me as well.. and if its a slight bit off.. its the same for everyone.. if i were you i'd change the car setup for a change.. Gears/aero/fuel.. and see if the so called "slipstream" is the same. for example in indycars at road america ill blast past people on the straight in multiplayer sometimes, just because they 1.- have too much fuel on them 2.- too much downforce 3.- dont use their push to pass..

hkraft300
13-04-2017, 13:59
I'm not aware of slipstreaming being so far off in pC1?

You'd barely gain 20kmh down the long straights at spa in an LMP car, off the top of my head. Not that I've done any tests.
I'm up to do some slip streaming test runs on PS4. Identical cars and setup, 0.5 and/or 1 second gap and drag race. High and low downforce. Different classes. Any suggestions?

Visceral_Syn
13-04-2017, 16:03
I ran a public server on sunday. 10 laps at Spa. I was in the Aston Martin Vantage v12 GT3, behind a Mercedes Benz GT3, going to Les Combes, slitpstreaming is on.