PDA

View Full Version : PSVR support

Exoil
13-04-2017, 21:44
Hey guys, hope you'll have an awesome easter!

I just want to, again, let you know that supporting PSVR would mean alot to alot of us PS4 gamers who have bought the PSVR just because of the possibilities and the immersion that VR brings to the table. I know the install base for PSVR isn't big in comparison to the regular one on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC but I know that PCars 2 releasing with support of it would sell units. Hell, I'd buy another one just so me and my son could race each other.

Even if you had to dial the graphics down back into the PS1 era I wouldn't care, because the immersion that VR gives is par to none. I've been playing Driveclub VR since I got my PSVR and have been driving among the trees in Finland in Dirt Rally since Codies released the VR patch for it.

I've read the same rehashed interview Andy did with Redbull several times now and I'm really hoping that you will find some way to bring us VR on PS4, as long as it's not done as in GT Sports with just a "VR Tour". I can't even imagine how bummed I'm going to be when I find out just how few cars and tracks I'll be able to drive in VR in GT.

TLDR: I'm begging you, give us PSVR support :cool:

MillsLayne
13-04-2017, 22:28
I'm on the verge of buying a PSVR headset for Dirt Rally alone. If PC2 adds support, I'm getting one tonight. haha

Olijke Poffer
14-04-2017, 06:05

I just want to, again, let you know that supporting PSVR would mean alot to alot of us PS4 gamers who have bought the PSVR just because of the possibilities and the immersion that VR brings to the table. I know the install base for PSVR isn't big in comparison to the regular one on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC but I know that PCars 2 releasing with support of it would sell units. Hell, I'd buy another one just so me and my son could race each other.

Even if you had to dial the graphics down back into the PS1 era I wouldn't care, because the immersion that VR gives is par to none. I've been playing Driveclub VR since I got my PSVR and have been driving among the trees in Finland in Dirt Rally since Codies released the VR patch for it.

I've read the same rehashed interview Andy did with Redbull several times now and I'm really hoping that you will find some way to bring us VR on PS4, as long as it's not done as in GT Sports with just a "VR Tour". I can't even imagine how bummed I'm going to be when I find out just how few cars and tracks I'll be able to drive in VR in GT.

Can't agree more m8. I play Dirt Rally and Driveclub in VR as well and despite the low gfx I do have so much fun.
It can't beat a "flat" high res racegame. I'm spoiled.....
in Dirt Rally for example, you have stages with very steep parts. When playing on a normal flat Screen you won't have any notion of a steep road but when playing in VR you suddenly see a very steep road ahead. Many times I was surprised to see how the road really goes up or down. That can never be achieved in normal flat 2D on a screen.
So please try to make it work. Even with lesser GFX or with less cars on the starting grid.. I really don't mind.

PatrickRosa
17-04-2017, 14:06
Yes, yes... PSVR support...

PLEASE!!!

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

breyzipp
18-04-2017, 14:03
I'm going to shamelessly hijack this thread...

Scorpio VR please! :-)

wyldanimal
18-04-2017, 20:00
I'm on the verge of buying a PSVR headset for Dirt Rally alone. If PC2 adds support, I'm getting one tonight. haha

If you got the Money set aside, Buy it, you Won't be Disappointed...
There are Many other VR titles to enjoy beside racing titles.

Batman is a good one...
Rush of Blood is good...
Eagles Flight, I Luv it, but it might make you Sick...

Ryzza5
19-04-2017, 03:25
I love the idea of having PSVR support for the masses, but seeing what kind of graphics and frame rate can be managed by my Titan X graphics card, it's sometimes hard to imagine how a PS4 could cope and what the result would look like. Many were unhappy with Driveclub VR by way of example.

Xbox Scorpio however might have the needed horses.

Exoil
19-04-2017, 18:24
I love the idea of having PSVR support for the masses, but seeing what kind of graphics and frame rate can be managed by my Titan X graphics card, it's sometimes hard to imagine how a PS4 could cope and what the result would look like. Many were unhappy with Driveclub VR by way of example.

Xbox Scorpio however might have the needed horses.

Sure, but as I said. I wouldn't mind massively downgraded graphics if we get PSVR support. The biggest problem with Driveclub is that they put more emphasis on pretty interiors of the cars than they did with line of sight which in my eyes are more important than pretty interiors. The thing me and other PSVR users complained the most about was just that, how far ahead you are able to see, a thing Codemasters really nailed with Dirt Rally.

Also we have to remember that Driveclub was a 30 fps game and much because of that had to be insanely downgraded to even run acceptable in VR, while Dirt Rally were 60 fps already also being a reason why it wasn't as downgraded as Driveclub.

Olijke Poffer
19-04-2017, 18:26
Yeah for me no problems with lower gfx.. I really love Dirt Rally and Driveclub as well even with the low gfx..

BistoKid
19-04-2017, 22:41
Agreed, really hope they can get this running on PSVR, perhaps lower the competitor count too for original PS4, increasing with the pro. I too love Dirt Rally VR and don't mind DriveClub VR but we all know we are desperately longing for a good track sim racer on the PSVR system. Fingers crossed!

Ryzza5
19-04-2017, 23:09
Sure, but as I said. I wouldn't mind massively downgraded graphics if we get PSVR support. The biggest problem with Driveclub is that they put more emphasis on pretty interiors of the cars than they did with line of sight which in my eyes are more important than pretty interiors. The thing me and other PSVR users complained the most about was just that, how far ahead you are able to see, a thing Codemasters really nailed with Dirt Rally.

Also we have to remember that Driveclub was a 30 fps game and much because of that had to be insanely downgraded to even run acceptable in VR, while Dirt Rally were 60 fps already also being a reason why it wasn't as downgraded as Driveclub.

I neglected to mention that I'm running most visual options on Low already for VR. Yes I'm sure lower than low is possible for coding, and I'm sure many will appreciate being able to play that way at first, but it'll leave you wanting more pretty quickly. GTX 1080 Ti is looking like a likely upgrade this year :D

Exoil
10-05-2017, 08:31
Without drawing conclusions I'd say I'm assuming support for PSVR won't be in the game at release seeing as preorders just went live and there's no information about it anywhere.

Should we forget about support for it?

hitmanvega
10-05-2017, 11:04
Was wondering the same thing....:confused:

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2017, 11:45
Yeah I don't expect to see PSVR show up in Pcars2 at all. To bad.. really a bummer.

Ekay.jay
11-05-2017, 00:47
Fact of the matter is the PS4 can't handle Pcars 2 in VR. SMS has already said it can't without actually saying it over on the GT forums. Ian said they would have to really scale back the game in order for it to run which they do not want to do.

Exoil
11-05-2017, 18:25
Fact of the matter is the PS4 can't handle Pcars 2 in VR. SMS has already said it can't without actually saying it over on the GT forums. Ian said they would have to really scale back the game in order for it to run which they do not want to do.

Where did you read that? I have just now been reading every single comment Ian ever wrote over there and found no mentioning of PSVR what so ever.

The only mention of it from the team that I found is this quote:
"We can’t commit 100% to PSVR yet because there is still a lot of optimization left to do and all of the new things we’ve added,” said Viljoen. “For VR, we need to achieve an additional level of performance. We don’t want to compromise like other racing games have and lose any of our authenticity on PSVR. If we can get there, we will release it. We’ll eventually get it there one way or another, but we can’t promise it will be there at launch. The plan is to deliver the entire game."

Maybe they haven't really delved into it, maybe they have but is not quite there yet or can't do it. It seems time will tell.

Atleast I found this on the official Playstation site.

Olijke Poffer
11-05-2017, 19:46
If that is true then you made me a happy guy....;)

MillsLayne
11-05-2017, 20:15
I'll get excited once we see something official from Ian or SMS. Those pre-order pages sometimes have incorrect info.

Olijke Poffer
11-05-2017, 21:09
Yes just like Star Wars Battlefront. Also a vr sticker on the advertisement but they removed it later..

hkraft300
12-05-2017, 23:15
Where did you read that? I have just now been reading every single comment Ian ever wrote over there and found no mentioning of PSVR what so ever.

Have you read pc1 psvr discussion? Or other interviews of Tudor and others where they're asked about VR?
Every time it's "we're trying really hard to make it work"
Other games have made it work with drastic cuts.
GT sport looks like it'll have very little VR mode. Which means racing games on VR are difficult for ps4.
SMS won't chop half the game for VR, or turn off time and weather or whatever it may be, and also have acceptable frame rate and quality.
Pc1 had the ps4 at 99% capacity at launch I suspect pc2 will do the same, with its new features, live track 3 and what not. No matter how much you optimise, I don't see it happening for VR.

Don't get me wrong: if PSVR by some miracle is confirmed for pcars2, I will go buy a psvr tomorrow.

Exoil
13-05-2017, 14:54
Have you read pc1 psvr discussion? Or other interviews of Tudor and others where they're asked about VR?
Every time it's "we're trying really hard to make it work"
Other games have made it work with drastic cuts.
GT sport looks like it'll have very little VR mode. Which means racing games on VR are difficult for ps4.
SMS won't chop half the game for VR, or turn off time and weather or whatever it may be, and also have acceptable frame rate and quality.
Pc1 had the ps4 at 99% capacity at launch I suspect pc2 will do the same, with its new features, live track 3 and what not. No matter how much you optimise, I don't see it happening for VR.

Don't get me wrong: if PSVR by some miracle is confirmed for pcars2, I will go buy a psvr tomorrow.

Yeah, I guess we who already bought PSVR should just lay down and play dead and not voice our wishes because there's already been an discussion about PCars 1.
What you and the "non-believers" forget when bringing up Driveclub (which I'm assuming is the "other games") is that DC was 100% using the PS4's power and was only 30fps. Have you seen what Codies was able to do with Dirt Rally? The downgrades wasn't even 1/3 of what Evolution had to do with DC to get it to run. That's why there is so much hope for PCars, Dirt 4 and F1 17 to have VR compatibility.

Edit: Just noticed Sony have taken out the PSVR logo from the PCars2 page.
But hope is the last thing that leaves us

TommyRacer2727
11-06-2017, 15:30

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment and request. While I love Dirt Rally VR, my main raining interest is in sports cars. I've had the privilage to play Project Cars on the Oculus Rift. It is phenomenal. Unfortunately, the price point of the Rift is WAYYYYY outside my means.

Please support VR on the Play Station- even if you take baby steps - one track and a few cars. Please, the racing gods and fans will be so happy.

Olijke Poffer
11-06-2017, 16:26
One track and a few cars? I like to see pcars in PSVR as well but not with only one track and a few cars..

Exoil
20-06-2017, 10:37
No, if it can't be done fully it shouldn't be done at all.
After E3 I'm bummed how Poly treated their VR Tour. Some of the tracks, some of the cars but only 1v1 racing.
I've read and watched some previews of it and all of them mentions that there's not much of a graphical downgrade and that makes one wonder what they could have added instead if they would have downgraded the graphics more?

I understand that devs could be worried about people complaining about how their game looks in VR compared to flat on PS4, but now that we have had it for 8 months I can't really see anyone in their right mind expecting singlar graphics in VR.
I still have my thumbs crossed for this title to support PSVR!

Ryzza5
21-06-2017, 05:07
A few websites have recently published articles/store listings advertising PSVR support, which is surprising as there has been no official word. I personally would err on the side of caution and not get my hopes up just yet, but it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Olijke Poffer
21-06-2017, 05:45
Don't want to spoil your fun but don't count on PSVR support. At least not at release time. Perhaps later on although I really think the PS is not powerful enough.

Ryzza5
21-06-2017, 08:53
Yep I was just sharing a warning before someone else spotted it and got hyped. I agree the PS4 doesn't have what it takes for it.

Vic Flange
25-06-2017, 09:16
Don't want to spoil your fun but don't count on PSVR support. At least not at release time. Perhaps later on although I really think the PS is not powerful enough.

Sony have hamstrung developers by insisting on no PS4 Pro only titles. I bet the Pro could run it.

Olijke Poffer
25-06-2017, 12:13
I know that is why I said the PS4 is not powerful enough. The pro perhaps. I don't know..

legacy-8
11-07-2017, 14:57
Sony have hamstrung developers by insisting on no PS4 Pro only titles. I bet the Pro could run it.

Yea, I hate this!!! I bought my PS4 Pro to get better performance out of PC1, and there is a big difference (when put on boost mode, not an official PC update).

I hope that SMS are giving us PS4 Pro users some nice little enhancements on PC2

breyzipp
11-07-2017, 15:07
Biggest hope for any non-PC VR support is the X1X I think. But since even Microsoft didn't talk about that at all at E3, it sure doesn't sound like something that will come soon.

Then there is also the matter whether Microsoft & Sony would allow VR on their Pro & X while the base consoles wouldn't be able to support it.

For the current gen of consoles (all of them including X1X), don't hope for much quality VR. The VR tech is nice and people on PC racing seem to love it. But Sony introduced it to the console market WAY too soon IMO.

Exoil
12-08-2017, 19:20
Ok, now that we know that it won't support PSVR at launch, could we get any info on if work will be done to potentially add support later on?
Kind of like Dirt Rally did with paid DLC?

VRTOM
31-08-2017, 15:33
They won't add it...at all. They just say this to get more potential buyers. They made the same ambigious promise with PC1 so i'm not buying that PR bullcrap.

But if they do i will swallow my words whole and will buy the game twice

unrealnoise
31-08-2017, 19:12
I hope we get PSVR support soon. I don't care it will be limited.

Olijke Poffer
31-08-2017, 21:46
They won't add it...at all. They just say this to get more potential buyers. They made the same ambigious promise with PC1 so i'm not buying that PR bullcrap.

But if they do i will swallow my words whole and will buy the game twice

Nice first post m8. Why bother posting at all..?

VRTOM
01-09-2017, 09:09
Nice first post m8. Why bother posting at all..?

Why not? The more people posting about wanting PSVR support the better.

And i'm just calling it for what it is, they won't add it and they should be clear about that imo.

hkraft300
01-09-2017, 09:57
... they won't add it and they should be clear about that imo.

Post #2, but you seem so well informed. Are you aware of the hardware and software limitations of the Sony system?

SMS are super candid and forthcoming about everything related to their game franchise. If they give up on psvr, they would say so. It's in the works, as are a few big features that will be patched in post release.

I'm waiting to see what happens with GT Sport on PSVR.
I can take a better stab at the PSVR conundrum then.

Exoil
01-09-2017, 10:55
Post #2, but you seem so well informed. Are you aware of the hardware and software limitations of the Sony system?

SMS are super candid and forthcoming about everything related to their game franchise. If they give up on psvr, they would say so. It's in the works, as are a few big features that will be patched in post release.

The quotes from Kaz seem to suggest he doesn't want to downgrade the graphics enough to allow for more cars on track in VR and aim for 1v1 instead. The sad thing about that is that with VR, I don't really care about the graphics looking similar to flat mode, I want the added immersion and if they have to lower the graphics a lot to get it, I wouldn't care.

I find Driveclubs graphics fully acceptable, albeit a bit blurry, but the game is just so goddamn boring to play when you're used to games like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa.

VRTOM
01-09-2017, 11:19

Yeah, i don't know why you guys keep hammering on my number of posts. Apparently, there is some kind of correlation between number of posts and its validity? Kinda pathetic if you ask me

Anyway, yes i'm aware of the limitations, that is also why i'm pretty confident Project Cars 2 will not have PSVR at all. Unless they make drastic compromises so that it can be supported. If it's just a VR-mode (like only (online) time-trail or 1v1, no rendering of the backseat, reduced visuals overall, etc.) i would be already happy with that. The thing is, they promised something like this in the past, that they're 'working on it' but we never saw it. So now stating 'it will not be available at launch' is misleading imo. But again i will swallow my words whole when proven wrong and boy i want to be proven wrong believe me. I'm not here to shitpost on SMS. At best i'm trying some reverse psychology (if they read this).

And i agree, GT Sport is a slap in the face imo with regard to PSVR. I'm really curious how many tracks/cars we can play in that mode but i'm not getting my hopes up.

hkraft300
01-09-2017, 11:32
...So now stating 'it will not be available at launch' is misleading imo...

How's it misleading? It won't be available at launch. I'm not holding my breath.

In any case, I want to skip this 1st gen VR. I actually cancelled my pre-order of the psvr because sms couldn't make it work. If they manage to, in future, I couldn't resist to buy one.

VR/AR is the future of gaming no doubt about it. Kind of corporate suicide if SMS gives up on even the PSVR, no?

By the way, pretty sure SMS said full functionality or nothing for PSVR.

VRTOM
01-09-2017, 12:06
How's it misleading? It won't be available at launch. I'm not holding my breath.

In any case, I want to skip this 1st gen VR. I actually cancelled my pre-order of the psvr because sms couldn't make it work. If they manage to, in future, I couldn't resist to buy one.

VR/AR is the future of gaming no doubt about it. Kind of corporate suicide if SMS gives up on even the PSVR, no?

By the way, pretty sure SMS said full functionality or nothing for PSVR.

I think it's misleading because a statement like that suggests there will be PSVR at a later stage and if what you say is true (you're better informed than me, i can't deny that) that they want full functionality; well that is just impossible. From a technical standpoint that is impossible unless they define 'full functionality' in other terms. The only option is a dedicated and heavily compromised VR mode, but if they don't want that then they should just come out with it and stop beating around the bush.

If it indeed was corporate suicide then i would have more confidence that SMS would implement this. But PSVR still has a relatively small install-base (1 out of 60) so i don't think they (SMS) see it that way? If Sony was smart they would be more actively engaged with any developer working on (racing)games that also entail VR. Because people (like yourself) will buy the hardware as soon there is a game they absolutely want in VR. But Sony haven't even pushed this agenda on GT Sport it seems so yeah...

I don't regret buying a PSVR but i admit it is hard to face the facts sometimes about its technical handicaps. Teasing a PSVR-mode only puts salt on that wound in my case. Hence my posts.

hkraft300
01-09-2017, 14:59
... they should just come out with it and stop beating around the bush.

Sony gag order a possibility? That's my conspiracy theory.
SMS can no way say "Sony hardware doesn't have the guts". Sony will clean them up in court.

PSVR uptake may be small now, but what happens in 3-5 years with the next gen consoles and VR systems?

If Sony was smart they would be more actively engaged with any developer working on (racing)games that also entail VR. Because people (like yourself) will buy the hardware as soon there is a game they absolutely want in VR. But Sony haven't even pushed this agenda on GT Sport it seems so yeah...

Totally agree. I was surprised the new CODs and BF1 had no mention of VR. Which makes me wonder...:

I don't regret buying a PSVR but i admit it is hard to face the facts sometimes about its technical handicaps. Teasing a PSVR-mode only puts salt on that wound in my case. Hence my posts.

Is the psvr that... lacklustre?

gregc
01-09-2017, 15:11
SMS can no way say "Sony hardware doesn't have the guts". Sony will clean them up in court.

PSVR uptake may be small now, but what happens in 3-5 years with the next gen consoles and VR systems?

Totally agree. I was surprised the new CODs and BF1 had no mention of VR. Which makes me wonder...:

I haven't used one, but everything I've read/seen suggests that PSVR itself is a reasonable bit of kit. The problem is the standard PS4 just isn't really powerful enough to do VR, especially for something like pCARS2, and Sony won't allow PSVR games to be exclusive to the Pro.

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 16:18
I haven't used one, but everything I've read/seen suggests that PSVR itself is a reasonable bit of kit. The problem is the standard PS4 just isn't really powerful enough to do VR, especially for something like pCARS2, and Sony won't allow PSVR games to be exclusive to the Pro.

Seems to me like Sony have kind of painted themselves into a corner with this, haven't they? Developers are reluctant to develop PSVR titles due to the base PS4's relative lack of power...the PS4 Pro does have the power, but Sony won't let games be designed exclusively for it.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of peripherals in general. I've seen far too many things come and go that were supposed to be new and innovative which completely fizzled out (Nintendo Zapper, PowerPad, PowerGlove, more recently MS Kinect, PS EyeCam, etc...just off the top of my head).

The thing about peripherals is that they're an added expense and by their very nature, they splinter the user base. (Not all peripherals...things like wheel/pedal rigs are different IMO in that the games for which they're used still offer fundamentally the same experience as controller users.) I think the vast majority of people simply want to come home, plop down on the couch, pick up a simple controller and have fun with whatever their latest game of choice is. It's simple, accessible, and inexpensive (only the cost of the console and game in question are required). That being said, most people simply don't want big bulky peripherals or to have to sit for extended periods of time with some kind of hardware strapped to their face.

What needs to happen for VR to take off, IMO, is for the necessary hardware to be included as an all-in-one package. Buy a PS5 or Xbox 1 XYZ, and everything you need to experience VR is included. This will take a dedicated effort from first party-developed titles to get people excited and hooked on the idea...allowing 3rd party developers to follow suit.

That being said, however, I think there are still a lot of technical hurdles that need to be figured out before we get there. There's the whole issue of motion sickness and the types of visuals and experiences that cause it. The last project I worked on as a VFX artist before I left the industry two years ago, was a VR project which involved taking the user (wearer) on a guided tour of a facility, allowing them to look 360 degrees while the camera animation I created led them along at a predetermined pace. I had to be very careful about how the camera moved...it had to be slow and deliberate...no quick pans or sudden movements in any direction or people could easily lose their balance or feel disoriented and ill.

I'm no expert in human physiology, but I'd assume that at least some of this discomfort is caused by hardware limitations (resolution/refresh rates being too low, etc.), but is this the only factor, and can this discomfort be eliminated solely through improved hardware? I don't know. I think part of the disconnect is when we do things in the game which cause our character in-game to do things that look real to our eyes, but that we know our bodies aren't actually doing...for instance, running in a particular direction in game while we're not moving anywhere in real life. Do we really want to see something like a CoD or Battlefield in VR, where quick movement and rapid changes of view and play such an integral part in being successful? Right now, I don't think so. As the technology evolves...? Perhaps.

Additionally, if you think about it, VR kind of goes against the whole trend of society being more connected and having more information available to us at all times. Put on a VR headset and you're essentially stepping into an isolation chamber...you can't check your watch or your smartphone, can't quickly glance out the window to see who's at the front door, etc. And it's a solitary experience...you're the only one who can experience your virtual world as you see it. Your friends/family just see you sitting there looking foolish with a box strapped strapped to your face...and maybe a 2D representation of your view, if you have an external monitor hooked up.

The other issue, for me, is that most of the time if I'm playing a game, it's to relax and unwind. I don't want to be up, jumping around, ducking, waving my arms about, etc. while playing a game in VR. That expends too much energy, which kind of defeats the purpose of playing games to relax.

Bottom line is, it's still (very) early days for VR. It's definitely got potential promise in certain situations and applications. But I'm not yet convinced that it's going to be "the future of gaming".

VRTOM
01-09-2017, 16:21

Yeah it could be a gag order, i dunno but it does not seem like a stretch.

PSVR is not that lacklustre, i love it. But it just really shines with racing games; Dirt Rally VR spoiled me and ruined the flatscreen experience. VR racing is a dream come true tbh. It's just so good. That is why i'm bummed they're not more of them. But perhaps in time, or as you say with the next gens.

hkraft300
01-09-2017, 16:34
Sim racing and VR is the perfect combination.
Sitting in your racing rig, your virtual limbs moving in sync to your real limbs...

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 16:40
Sim racing and VR is the perfect combination.
Sitting in your racing rig, your virtual limbs moving in sync to your real limbs...

Totally agree. I haven't had the opportunity yet to try it, but I do think it's something I could enjoy. Which is why I think VR could definitely have its place in certain genres (racing games, flight sims, etc). But across the board? We've got a long way to go before we get there (if in fact we ever do).

Lowe0
01-09-2017, 16:42
I'm very disappointed in the decision not to support PSVR; not sure that I'm interested in another 2D racing game at this point.

I do have an Oculus Rift, but I generally find PSVR to be superior (more comfortable when wearing glasses, and the bloom/flare in CV1 and the Vive are deal-breakers).

hkraft300
01-09-2017, 17:06
PSVR > rift?
This I haven't heard!

Very interesting.

Exoil
01-09-2017, 22:54
What needs to happen for VR to take off, IMO, is for the necessary hardware to be included as an all-in-one package. Buy a PS5 or Xbox 1 XYZ, and everything you need to experience VR is included. This will take a dedicated effort from first party-developed titles to get people excited and hooked on the idea...allowing 3rd party developers to follow suit.

One thing I'm a bit afraid of with VR on consoles is that even if PS5 and Xbox 0 is technical powerhouses, developers will still make their flat games run at maximum capacity and then say that they can't get the VR portion up to their standards. Kind of what's already happening this gen, when we have machines capable of running VR games just fine, but developers don't want to downgrade the flat version for VR. There won't ever be a gen where VR won't need a downgrade of the game to run in VR, and if this trend keeps up it won't matter how powerful our machines are.

Trippul G
01-09-2017, 23:20
One thing I'm a bit afraid of with VR on consoles is that even if PS5 and Xbox 0 is technical powerhouses, developers will still make their flat games run at maximum capacity and then say that they can't get the VR portion up to their standards. Kind of what's already happening this gen, when we have machines capable of running VR games just fine, but developers don't want to downgrade the flat version for VR. There won't ever be a gen where VR won't need a downgrade of the game to run in VR, and if this trend keeps up it won't matter how powerful our machines are.

I think you're probably right. That's why I think if VR is ever really going to take off, it has to be the Sony's and the Microsoft's of the world that lead the way, by making games that simply can't be experienced in any way other than in VR. They'd have to take a hit by including VR hardware with every console sale, but I don't see another way to get the install base high enough to legitimately warrant any serious 3rd party support. For this to happen, there would have to be some major advances in VR tech, so that the hardware could become inexpensive enough for console manufacturers to even consider a bundle package. I don't think we're anywhere near that point currently.

hkraft300
02-09-2017, 00:21
I think you're probably right. That's why I think if VR is ever really going to take off, it has to be the Sony's and the Microsoft's of the world that lead the way, by making games that simply can't be experienced in any way other than in VR. They'd have to take a hit by including VR hardware with every console sale, but I don't see another way to get the install base high enough to legitimately warrant any serious 3rd party support. For this to happen, there would have to be some major advances in VR tech, so that the hardware could become inexpensive enough for console manufacturers to even consider a bundle package. I don't think we're anywhere near that point currently.

Considering PSVR is ~au$500, I think their cost is quite reasonable on the manufacturer side that they could legitimately bundle it with their consoles. If the uptake is forced it'll pay itself off and wouldn't hurt them at all.
By having the separate VR bundle it becomes a luxury addition, much like the Kinect motion stuff.
Dipping their toes in the water with the first gen hardware, maybe?

Lowe0
02-09-2017, 00:52
PSVR > rift?
This I haven't heard!

Very interesting.

Depends on what you're doing with it. Touch just crushes Move, it's not even close. And the tracking with two cameras is definitely less drifty than one (though I don't have many drift problems with either). But the overall package, I'm happier with PSVR.

Olijke Poffer
02-09-2017, 07:26
PSVR is an awesome first VR kit. The whole problem with Sony is, they won't disconnect the two consoles "PS4-standard & PS4-Pro" If pcars was allowd to run on the pro only then I'm sure SMS can make it work for PSVR. The PS4-Pro can handle it no doubt about it. It is the standard ps4 which is the big drawback here.

hkraft300
02-09-2017, 08:19
Sure. Sony is shooting themselves in the foot.
Can the pro really handle VR though?
Compare it's specs to the high end PC that some guys are running Rift and Vive on, and still have performance issues.

VRTOM
02-09-2017, 09:46
You all make very good points.

I think Sony has underestimated its position with regards to pushing VR forward; Oculus does not want to share their numbers nor does HTC (i think) and the unofficial numbers state that PSVR takes the lead only to be greatly surpassed by the Samsung Gear VR (first to release sales numbers btw). So in terms of gaming (non-mobile) and middle to high-end VR, PSVR has the lead with regard to installbase. However, this remains a small niche market compared to flatscreen gaming. Nonetheless, Sony needs to step it up on all fronts. Dirt Rally VR for instance needs waaaay more publicity. It's ironic that it's this game that can really sell the PSVR headset and not Driveclub VR.

Anyway, i don't want to sound like an elitist douchebag, but with racing games, VR is where it is at for the ultimate experience. I remember sending a email to Polyphony Digital a couple of months ago (to sign up for the GT Sport Beta) and instead of kissing ass to get in, i was actually critical of them for further pushing graphical fidelity of flatscreen photorealism instead of the VR experience. Like they needed to wake up and see that being in the space will always be more immersive than a perfect replication of real-life on a flatscreen. Naturally, in the end, i never got into the beta lol.

So i do hope developers don't it as a detriment of their artistic work because the compromise on graphic fidelity....because that is comparing apples to oranges imo. And that the only argument is technical limitations to remain the games core integrity intact (physics, framerate, etc).

Trippul G
02-09-2017, 13:47
Game developers are like any other business...they're going to do what's best for their bottom line. Right now, the install base isn't there to warrant a huge amount of development or marketing toward VR versions of their games. They're going to promote whatever is going to get them the most sales, and right now (and at least for the foreseeable future), that's 2d graphical fidelity. It's a bit of a chicken or the egg situation...but right now it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to be the first one to really push hard for VR, and I think it's because the tech isn't quite there, and for that and other reasons, consumers don't seem to be clamoring for it. It's a niche segment that's going to require huge amounts of investment to make it move beyond that status, but no one seems to be willing to be the first one to make that big push.

Olijke Poffer
03-09-2017, 07:01
Sure. Sony is shooting themselves in the foot.
Can the pro really handle VR though?
Compare it's specs to the high end PC that some guys are running Rift and Vive on, and still have performance issues.

I think the pro can handle PCars VR indeed. Ok not with the quality as the high-end PC counterpart but with some fiddeling arround with gfx and the ammount of cars on a track it must be possible. But as I'm not a developer and do know nothing about the needs under the engine hood I could be totally wrong here..

hkraft300
03-09-2017, 08:44
Game developers are like any other business...they're going to do what's best for their bottom line. Right now, the install base isn't there to warrant a huge amount of development or marketing toward VR versions of their games...

But if they create the need to have VR...
It's basic marketing. Make it affordable enough, more people get it and can't go back to flat screen gaming...

It's the premise of capitalism: create the demand where none exists.

Trippul G
03-09-2017, 10:53
But if they create the need to have VR...
It's basic marketing. Make it affordable enough, more people get it and can't go back to flat screen gaming...

It's the premise of capitalism: create the demand where none exists.

Well that's the catch, isn't it? Right now I don't think it's all about just making it affordable enough so that people will buy it and "suddenly see the light".

How many gamers out there (other than those who are into racing/flying games, and other than those who already own the technology) are really clamoring for more VR titles and support? How low would the prices of an Oculus or PSVR need to drop before most of your casual gamers would take a punt and buy one? Personally, being an Xbox owner, it wouldn't matter to me how cheap either of those become, because they're incompatible with my hardware. Even if I did have a setup which would support it, and pretending for a moment that I'm not a racing game enthusiast, what incentive is there for me to buy a newly affordable VR headset? Most of the "games" I've seen are either very simplistic and quickly become boring, or they aren't really games at all, more of an "experience". It all feels more than a bit remniscent of the type of games that were available for Kinect when it first came out. Maybe I'm just not aware, but there's nothing I've seen on the level of an Uncharted or a Destiny in VR that would make me sit up and take notice if I were a casual gamer.

I'm not saying it can't be done...with the right marketing, you can convince people to buy just about anything. Creating a perceived need, like you said. But creating that perceived need is going to take a lot of investment on someone's part, be it Sony, Microsoft, or someone else. Right now, no one seems to want to be that canary down the mineshaft...easier, safer, and more profitable to maintain the status quo.

hkraft300
03-09-2017, 12:14
Speaking of...
FEAR/ Dying light/ last of us in vr I would proper soil my pants!

Sony and Microsoft gone into this peripheral pissing contest hasn't helped. Wouldn't it be awesome if rift and vive were also compatible with the consoles?

Sony and a few others have invested a lot in VR. If they give it a bit of a nudge I think suddenly it'll become mainstream.

Exoil
03-09-2017, 13:47
How many gamers out there (other than those who are into racing/flying games, and other than those who already own the technology) are really clamoring for more VR titles and support? How low would the prices of an Oculus or PSVR need to drop before most of your casual gamers would take a punt and buy one? Personally, being an Xbox owner, it wouldn't matter to me how cheap either of those become, because they're incompatible with my hardware. Even if I did have a setup which would support it, and pretending for a moment that I'm not a racing game enthusiast, what incentive is there for me to buy a newly affordable VR headset? Most of the "games" I've seen are either very simplistic and quickly become boring, or they aren't really games at all, more of an "experience". It all feels more than a bit remniscent of the type of games that were available for Kinect when it first came out. Maybe I'm just not aware, but there's nothing I've seen on the level of an Uncharted or a Destiny in VR that would make me sit up and take notice if I were a casual gamer.

The thing with VR is that the game don't have to be full fledged AAA games like Destiny or Uncharted to be amazing games but of course being created by a bigger studio the game is more polished.

I've let friends and family try my setup with games like Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Dirt Rally and Resident Evil 7 and so far seven more PSVR have been sold just because they've gotten to experience it at my place.

VRTOM
04-09-2017, 18:40
I've let friends and family try my setup with games like Dick Wilde, Farpoint, Dirt Rally and Resident Evil 7 and so far seven more PSVR have been sold just because they've gotten to experience it at my place.

Not the hero VR deserves, but the hero VR needs :P

Olijke Poffer
05-09-2017, 10:17
The thing with VR is that the game don't have to be full fledged AAA games like Destiny or Uncharted to be amazing games but of course being created by a bigger studio the game is more polished.

The immersion makes you forget the lower gfx..
when I hop in my tie fighter I step in a non existing world. A Completely different experience than non VR games.
Even the "most" of the games are no where near the standard high gfx titles from today.
Or letting a character running around in Wayward Sky (3D platform game) is such joy. Or standing in the magnificent hall in the vrworlds game. Totally immersed.
As you can read I am a huge fan of VR. No matter what people think or say.. I love it and I regret my age (almost 50) I would love to see where the VR stands in lets say a year of 50 from now...
Hollowdeck perhaps?
Happy gaming guys..

Exoil
05-09-2017, 12:20
Not the hero VR deserves, but the hero VR needs :P

Lol, I'm just happy to spread the amazement of VR.

I have another 20 friends on PSN that have a PS4 and a wheel. I could see all them buying a PSVR if PCars 2 supported it. They are on the fence about it since GTSports only allows for 1v1 racing

Vic Flange
07-09-2017, 20:30
Sony is in danger of killing its own system by insisting that games have to run on both consoles. I'm already starting to get very disillusioned by the number of 'samey' games that are coming out for PSVR. Twee little games and cartoony shooters.
I'm thinking of ditching it and going to a PC based VR system.

hkraft300
08-09-2017, 08:11
Is the Pro that much of a jump in performance to justify Pro-specific games? I don't think so.

Silraed
08-09-2017, 09:20
The talk back when it was released was that *if* the developers could focus on the Pro for optimisation then yes it was a decent jump in performance once the work was put in. The problem is the install base of the Pro is so small next to the standard PS4 and with Sony enforcing the same treatment of both consoles it's not worth it for a lot of developers to put in the time and money to optimise specifically for the Pro.

I think Sony made a real mess of the situation.

wyldanimal
08-09-2017, 20:54
Is the Pro that much of a jump in performance to justify Pro-specific games? I don't think so.

Yes, But Only in terms of Frame rates and resolution.
the Pro will run Sony's 4K (checker board interlace) HDR, at 60 FPS
Where as the Standard PS4 Might be able to display 4K, it could never achieve 60 FPS at 4K.

So you end up with the PS4 Pro, being backward compatible with all the Standard PS4 games, But also Able of running that Game in an Enhanced PRO Mode.

the PRO's PSVR is also better, but the Limit is the PSVR hardware. Maybe there will be a PSVR PRO version.
But I'm not Sure VR has taken off enough to Justify that.

I think there will have to be a PS5, before we'll see 4K @90 or 4K @120 PSVR
Look towards, 2018, 2019, but then the target might be Halo Gaming.. instead of VR gaming.
With three, triangulated or Conoscopic Halo Projectors, Full room Halo gaming Projection may soon be a reality.

hkraft300
09-09-2017, 00:21
See I can't justify the outlay for the pro for slightly better fps.

Jack it up and make the PS5 that'll make VR, resolution, fps everything worthwhile.

But you know, cash grab :rolleyes:

maxx69
11-09-2017, 21:27
If not full psvr support a virtual 3screen display would be nice

wyldanimal
13-09-2017, 00:34
See I can't justify the outlay for the pro for slightly better fps.

Jack it up and make the PS5 that'll make VR, resolution, fps everything worthwhile.

But you know, cash grab :rolleyes:

You're right, if you Already have the Standard PS4, there is no reason to get the PRO.
Not a Cost Effective upgrade, unless you can Afford it, and you want it..

Bealdor
13-09-2017, 05:48
You're right, if you Already have the Standard PS4, there is no reason to get the PRO.

...and own a 4K TV. ;)

Exoil
13-09-2017, 09:49

...and own a 4K TV. ;)

Or if you have a PSVR. The Pro actually makes quite a big difference in graphics, the biggest being no more foveated rendering. Also, more games are able to supersample or utilize better AA.

Olijke Poffer
13-09-2017, 19:14
Or if you have a PSVR. The Pro actually makes quite a big difference in graphics, the biggest being no more foveated rendering. Also, more games are able to supersample or utilize better AA.

Indeed. PSVR is the main reason I bought the pro and soled my standard ps4. The difference is enormous.
Cherry on the cake is the beter overall performance with non psvr games..

Sessionerror
21-09-2017, 10:30
I'm still hoping for a PSVR support in the future as well :) I still remember that smile in one of the developer streams, when a dev answered the question that there won't be PSVR support ON RELEASE.

PSVR sales might not have been that big so far, but I could imagine that many people are waiting for a proper game to support it. At least this is what I'm doing...reading the confirmation about PSVR support in pCARS 2 would make me buying a PSVR kit immediately :D This is just the perfect genre for VR :)

Olijke Poffer
21-09-2017, 11:10
PSVR sales might not have been that big so far,

Really? They sold an awe full lot of units.. so who told you it is otherwise? More than a million is big for me.

Sessionerror
21-09-2017, 11:17
Really? They sold an awe full lot of units.. so who told you it is otherwise? More than a million is big for me.

Okay you might be right, compared to some expectations...I just remember developers saying that programming a game for PSVR might not be worth the effort because of the small target group. If the group actually isn't that small, even better. And I think it would grow further when a major title like Project CARS 2 supports PSVR. At least I know a couple of people who would buy a PSVR kit if pCARS 2 supported it ;)

Prosim
21-09-2017, 20:13
PSVR with all it's short comings in the graphics department doesn't hold me back from saying it's bloody awesome! Screen play is in the past... I'm confident I'm allot faster in VR

Ruff4548
25-09-2017, 00:35
So there is no VR support for PS4? I bought it ONLY for this reason and checked all the small print on the PS Store which 'clearly' states FULL 12k & VR Support.

Admin/Moderator, who do I need to contact for a refund (have bought it digitally for 49.99) if indeed there is no VR support? I have screenshots of the small print stating it has VR support in the PS Store (also it is still there with said claim).

maxx69
25-09-2017, 00:46
Haven't seen that ....you'd need to take that up with Sony as SMS have always been upfront about the fact that that psvr isn't something they are pursuing but haven't ruled it out in totally .
In other words PS4 hasn't got the Cojones

Ruff4548
25-09-2017, 00:58
Thanks for the reply Max. Well that is dreadful news and Sony will be refunding me as they have and still are clearly advertising the game with VR support on the PS Store. I have only recently invested in the PSVR and was looking for more games as I love Dirt Rally in VR. Disgusting Sony can just bandy around false claims. Sure WMD should contact them also.

Thanks again Max

CPS-3
25-09-2017, 02:03
Doesn’t has the cojones? Driveclub VR and Dirt Rally VR run pretty darn good on it. Ok, Dirt rally isn’t online with other Cars and Driveclub has it’s nulber of Zi opponents cut to 12 (i believe, don’t remember), but if they let the multiplayer away and put only the career/time trial etc, all the offline stuff in it with let’s say max 10 AI opponents...

Human_bean
25-09-2017, 03:03
PSVR support would be nice, and i would buy the game if it had it. I originally bought a wheel and Project Cars 1 because they said it would support it. I am getting Gran Turismo Sport instead and will look forward to playing Project Cars 3 on the PS5 next gen when consoles can handle VR better.

hkraft300
25-09-2017, 03:10
Doesn’t has the cojones?...

Correct.
SMS wants full functionality on VR. The complex code of the livetrack3.0, seasons, weather, complex car and tire physics, great graphics eats up all the resources and the PS4 just doesn't have the guts for VR on top of it.

Driveclub is basic. Even GT Sport will have very, VERY limited functionality in VR.

maxx69
25-09-2017, 15:41
Thanks for the reply Max. Well that is dreadful news and Sony will be refunding me as they have and still are clearly advertising the game with VR support on the PS Store. I have only recently invested in the PSVR and was looking for more games as I love Dirt Rally in VR. Disgusting Sony can just bandy around false claims. Sure WMD should contact them also.

Thanks again Max

No problem bud , it is a shame and like someone mentioned dirt and drive club are fun , but dirt only has up to six cars on track at the most , drive club is a pretty poor show and as mentioned above pcars is way more complex , even PC users need a top end PC .
Think we need to wait till next gen :(

Ace combat though :D

Exoil
25-09-2017, 17:36
No problem bud , it is a shame and like someone mentioned dirt and drive club are fun , but dirt only has up to six cars on track at the most , drive club is a pretty poor show and as mentioned above pcars is way more complex , even PC users need a top end PC .
Think we need to wait till next gen :(

Ace combat though :D

Driveclub is a poor show because they needed to get a 30fps game to work in VR. Dirt Rally was already a 60fps game (with hickups sure) and they got it to work in VR without to much compromise. As I, and many PSVR users have said, we wouldn't mind if massive downgrades were needed for the game to run in VR on PS4.

We will see what happens with PCars 2, perhaps it can't be done, perhaps it can, but seeing what state the game currently is in I can't imagine that working on getting PSVR to work is a priority

maxx69
25-09-2017, 18:15
Just getting the bugs sorted is the main priority hopefully and then maybe they may give us something in VR .
I'd love a triple screen effect of curve screen in VR if not a total VR experience.

punkdog69
26-09-2017, 06:49
I dont know how the psvr has to be feeded with images, because there is not much information about developing for this device with out a developer license from Sony, out there.

1. Possibility
if it has to a sbs image with the left half for the left eye and the right image for the right, and the whole thing with lens correction and that at 60fps, i cant believe that this will
be possible on a normal ps4. Maybe the pro can handle this from gpu, but it will be hard for cpu on pro too. But thats not the goal, it needs to be possible on the normal ps4, otherwise
Sony will not allow it.

2. Possibility
If the image feed needs to be a left picture followed by a right and that at 60 fps, so 30fps left and 30 fps right ,there could be chance to get things work when reducing details and cars on Track.

An Idea
I dont know if this can be realized. What about doing something like my old Samsung Plasma 3d Television is doing. It has has a mono to stereo view conversion, by shifting the Picture to the left
for the right eye and to the right for the left eye. Currently I'm playing PCars like this, sitting with my shutterglas in front of the TV, and I can say, the effect of 3d is working quiet well. The advantage
of this is there is only the need of stable a 60FPS framerate, but I dont know if this will work on a VR Device as good as on a Flat Screen.

Civic
26-09-2017, 11:06
I'm crossing my fingers real hard for the Microsoft headset to shake things up, unfortunately the timeline for Xbox is 2018.

The thing is on the Xbox only the OneX will support VR so developers will be able to offer a full uncompromised VR experience on Microsofts more powerful console. I'm hoping this will force Sony to relax their VR policy and I have no interest in PSVR until that happens because it is their policy that is preventing PSVR support in more games.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 10:47
So there is no VR support for PS4? I bought it ONLY for this reason and checked all the small print on the PS Store which 'clearly' states FULL 12k & VR Support.

Admin/Moderator, who do I need to contact for a refund (have bought it digitally for 49.99) if indeed there is no VR support? I have screenshots of the small print stating it has VR support in the PS Store (also it is still there with said claim).

My post has been closed even he said on the ps store it said vr support

danowat
27-09-2017, 10:49

No it doesn't.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 10:53
This is the screen shot I took of the store 240901

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 10:53

Don't spread false info here please:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53155-Who-to-email&p=1370525&viewfull=1#post1370525

Edit: Wow, do you have any date for that screenshot? Looks like Sony just copy/pasted the PC description.

Btw. you'll still have to contact Sony on this issue because SMS doesn't handle sales.

danowat
27-09-2017, 10:56
This is the screen shot I took of the store 240901

Check it out

Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/Project_CARS_2/)

ABOUT THIS GAME

FEATURES:

• 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
• Full 12K & VR Support
• Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
• All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
• LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
• New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
• Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
• State-of-the art physics model
• Revamped gamepad handling
• Class-leading Esport capabilities

PSN (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/project-cars-2/cid=UP0700-CUSA06569_00-PROJECTCARS20000)

FEATURES:

• 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
• Largest track roster on console
• Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
• All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
• LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
• New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
• Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
• State-of-the art physics model
• Revamped gamepad handling
• Class-leading Esport capabilities

1 player
Network Players 2-16 - Full game requires PlayStationģPlus membership to access online multiplayer
4GB minimum save size
HD Video Output 720p,1080i,1080p

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 10:56
How is it false info Sony have now changed the description

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 10:57
How is it false info Sony have now changed the description

See my edited post above.

danowat
27-09-2017, 10:58
The PS4 would never be able to render 12K, it's clearly the info blurb for the PC version, if that is indeed a real picture, then Sony messed up and put the PC info on by mistake.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 10:58
If you don't believe me then why did Ruff4548 say it too

solocapers
27-09-2017, 11:06
I would say rather than Sony ballsing up it would have been Namco Bandai as they would submit all of this to Sony.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 11:08
All I was wanting was a bit of help and all I got was abuse

danowat
27-09-2017, 11:09
All I was wanting was a bit of help and all I got was abuse

You did get help, you were rightly told that you need to contact the outlet who sold it to you, in this case Sony.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 11:13
I was told I needed evidence it didn't support vr because on the ps store since pre order it said it had it and I got called a lier and must be seeing things

Civic
27-09-2017, 11:15
Check it out

Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/Project_CARS_2/)

PSN (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/project-cars-2/cid=UP0700-CUSA06569_00-PROJECTCARS20000)

There is an archive showing Sony did actually advertise VR support and this page is not a cut and paste error.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170713185432/https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/project-cars-2-ps4/

danowat
27-09-2017, 11:19
I was told I needed evidence it didn't support vr because on the ps store since pre order it said it had it and I got called a lier and must be seeing things

You presented a case, and that case, using current information, was incorrect, you need to take that proof you purchased it on the strength of the information you were presented with to the seller, Sony, for a refund.

No one here can help you, you are asking the wrong people

There is an archive showing Sony did actually advertise VR support and this page is not a cut and paste error.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170713185432/https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/project-cars-2-ps4/

The ball is still in Sony's court to sort it out, no one here can.

Dereenigne
27-09-2017, 12:54

Ive got to say i saw it said 12k and vr on the psn pre order page and laughed at myself at 12k.

Someone has messed up somewhere at PSN.

Shame on you anyone who called Wheel-user a lier and didn't do any investigation for themselves other than the current web pages!

Good find Civic as i was looking there (wayback Machine) and nothing opened for me.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 13:10

Sankyo
27-09-2017, 13:17
I think we can stop now going round in circles. It's been shown that the PSN shop showed wrong info at the time you ordered the game. It's up to Sony to set it straight, SMS can't do much here I'm afraid.

Wheel-user
27-09-2017, 13:26
I don't like being abused and being called a lier

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 13:29

Send both images (the old one with PSVR support and the new one) to Sony. They have to solve it for you because THEY sold you the game.
NOBODY can help you here with this.

Sankyo
27-09-2017, 13:33
No-one abused you, they just argumented that there was no mention of PSVR support on the current PSN store page. During the discussion it became apparent that the information had been changed recently.

Exoil
27-09-2017, 14:21

Drop it now mate, I don't want this thread consisting of several pages of squabble, I'm waiting for Ian to come and say "WE DID IT!!" :cool:.

Contact Sony and they oughta know by now that Namco Bandai provided them with false information. You should have no problems getting a refund for the game

Civic
27-09-2017, 14:32
You presented a case, and that case, using current information, was incorrect, you need to take that proof you purchased it on the strength of the information you were presented with to the seller, Sony, for a refund.

No one here can help you, you are asking the wrong people

The ball is still in Sony's court to sort it out, no one here can.

Absolutely. It's a shame people don't understand things that should be simple to understand. If you buy something it is a business transaction with the seller not his supplier of the manufacturer. If you are unhappy with the sale then you should always go back to the seller first and give them an opportunity to make it right. If that fails talking to the manufacturer is unlikely to be fruitful other than for the purpose of awareness but sometimes for the greater good of their brand a manufacturer might offer to intervene or even deal with you directly. But usually the correct place to go next is your consumer protection agency and they will advise you of your legal rights and assist you. At that point if you purchased with a CC and they give you authority you can issue a chargeback with your bank against a stubborn seller but seriously just the mention of a chargeback to most sellers will get them to provide you a refund when they know they are in the wrong.

Ruff4548
28-09-2017, 10:07
Apologies for bringing the Sony issue up once again but they have now acknowledged my video and photo evidence as they do not have it their side (apparently).

I completely understand this thread will not rectify VR support on the Playstation but it certainly has helped me down the correct channel and maybe this last post will help with a query Sony have requested as I have been in a couple of phone calls to them and they can clearly see their error but now want :

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your recent contact to PlayStation Support,

Can you also please send us over correspondence from the publisher confirming that Project CARS 2 is not a VR supported game.

Once I have this I will see about getting this investigated for you.

Scott
Player Support Specialist
PlayStation Support

So any ideas if and where I can get this information admin/moderator? It would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rod

solocapers
28-09-2017, 10:44
You could always just send them to their own webpage detailing the game and its lack of VR support.

Thats really not your job to go to the publisher for that information. They (Sony) should have that information readily available.

Exoil
28-09-2017, 11:49
Apologies for bringing the Sony issue up once again but they have now acknowledged my video and photo evidence as they do not have it their side (apparently).

I completely understand this thread will not rectify VR support on the Playstation but it certainly has helped me down the correct channel and maybe this last post will help with a query Sony have requested as I have been in a couple of phone calls to them and they can clearly see their error but now want :

Hi Rod,

Can you also please send us over correspondence from the publisher confirming that Project CARS 2 is not a VR supported game.

Scott
PlayStation Support

So any ideas if and where I can get this information admin/moderator? It would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Rod

It says in the FAQ on the main page that PSVR won't be supported at launch.

Wheel-user
28-09-2017, 14:37

Hi Rod,

Scott
PlayStation Support

Kind Regards

Rod
I asked for help on here wanting a email address no body help me

sunshine
28-09-2017, 17:52
Here is the logo in the Playstation Store. It was removed later (after people bought the game):

EDIT: I still believe it is coming. Not in the launch, but later.

https://i.redd.it/1cnh6yabfxwy.jpg

Olijke Poffer
28-09-2017, 18:56
Yeah correct. I’ve seen this as well. PSVE logo was removed later on.

Andre Siqueira
17-10-2017, 03:46
Any news from the Devs on this matter of later VR support?

I am one of the many dreaming of this game receiving VR support, doesn't matter how bad the GFX downgrade would be made.

I really hope they are listening to us.

Olijke Poffer
17-10-2017, 06:03
Any news from the Devs on this matter of later VR support?

I am one of the many dreaming of this game receiving VR support, doesn't matter how bad the GFX downgrade would be made.

I really hope they are listening to us.

Don’t count on it.

donkey racer
17-10-2017, 09:17
has anyone tried the ps vr headset in cinematic mode in pcars 2 and if so it any good
im on the verge of pushing the buy it button lol

Sessionerror
17-10-2017, 09:23
has anyone tried the ps vr headset in cinematic mode in pcars 2 and if so it any good

Currently, we can't assign another "option" button in the menu which is needed for centering the PSVR, so cinema mode is not quite useful right now.

Still hoping for PSVR support here :) And I agree with other comments in here, I wouldn't care about a massive graphics downgrade for this kind of immersion.

Andre Siqueira
17-10-2017, 09:24

Depending on your tv screen, this might be a good option for the size it simulates, but the resolution of the screen is not as sharp as a 4K telly per example.. I play on a PSpro and I have a cheap 4k tv. I prefer playing it in there rather than using the VR for simulating the iMax screen.
That thing is good for educational movies...if you know what I mean...

Olijke Poffer
17-10-2017, 11:01
It also come in handy when others in the room want to view a movie for example. I then take the PSVR set and I still can drive while the rest of the fam. can watch a movie or whaterver...

ph123uk
17-10-2017, 17:37
If you guys have a PSVR and a PC - Just grab a program called trinus and PC2 on PC - trinus lets you use a PSVR on a PC and its great (not without its bugs, but hey, this is Project cars) - 100% worth It if you already have both.

Also, there is no way PS4 will support VR - it doesn't have the specs to be able to do it - even people on PC are running with all settings on low / off with small amounts of AA/msaa on a GTX980+ and not getting a stable FPS - even GT Sport VR mode only has you + 1 opponent in VR mode :) (which lets be honest, they might as well have not bothered)

maxx69
18-10-2017, 08:14
If you guys have a PSVR and a PC - Just grab a program called trinus and PC2 on PC - trinus lets you use a PSVR on a PC and its great (not without its bugs, but hey, this is Project cars) - 100% worth It if you already have both.

Also, there is no way PS4 will support VR - it doesn't have the specs to be able to do it - even people on PC are running with all settings on low / off with small amounts of AA/msaa on a GTX980+ and not getting a stable FPS - even GT Sport VR mode only has you + 1 opponent in VR mode :) (which lets be honest, they might as well have not bothered)

Dirt Rally does a pretty good job with psvr with 5 opponents on rally cross .....in fact it's bloody brilliant considering VR was an after thought .

Exoil
18-10-2017, 14:28
Also, there is no way PS4 will support VR - it doesn't have the specs to be able to do it - even people on PC are running with all settings on low / off with small amounts of AA/msaa on a GTX980+ and not getting a stable FPS

I don't think you can compare PC specs with console specs. Show me the PC with the same specs as the base PS4 or XBOX1 that can run the game at the same settings upholding 60fps.
It can't be done, as simple as that.

That GT Sports dropped the ball so massively on the VR mode is astonishing, hell they even revealed the game having players racing on the oval and Nordschleife with PSVR. It's clear to see Kaz and PD only cares about visuals as that's the only thing the game have that's anything worth mentioning. Not even adding TT to the VR mode is amazingly stupid of them.

I'm still holding both thumbs that SMS cares and can work some magic on PSVR support seeing some comments on it in the past and with how Codemasters managed to do it for for DR as an afterthought.

Exoil
21-01-2018, 13:02
I'm still holding both thumbs that SMS cares and can work some magic on PSVR support

Come on, I'm starting to go blue over here :rolleyes:

Minimitch
21-01-2018, 13:11
Come on, I'm starting to go blue over here :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting

Exoil
23-01-2018, 17:44
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting

I can't help it, I'm just hopeful

Laserbeak43
23-01-2018, 21:19
Same

UkHardcore23
23-01-2018, 21:43
The PS4 Pro can barely run PCARS 2 with all the jaggies and flickering does anyone really expect a PS4 VR version? Never going to happen the graphics would be way to bad to be even considered.

Laserbeak43
23-01-2018, 21:46
Can't wait for it to happen, to see what you say next.

UkHardcore23
23-01-2018, 21:50
Can't wait for it to happen, to see what you say next.

PS5 / PCARS 3 ;)

Minimitch
23-01-2018, 23:44
When you think of the small number of PSVR units that have been sold, then you factor in the percentage of them who would be interested in the game just for VR, and out of that you take the percentage of those people who already own the game, it doesn't make sense to develop financially either

Laserbeak43
24-01-2018, 04:09
I don't represent any gamedev house, so I wouldn't know. It would be really nice to have it though. I do have the game on PC and a VIVE, but I still find myself playing on PS4 way more often.

JohnSchoonsBeard
24-01-2018, 04:30
When you think of the small number of PSVR units that have been sold, then you factor in the percentage of them who would be interested in the game just for VR, and out of that you take the percentage of those people who already own the game, it doesn't make sense to develop financially either

Last I'd heard Sony had sold more PSVR than either of the main PC headsets. The game has been optimised by default for VR in PC just not on the standard PS4. It would be interesting to see what results SMS could get on the PS4 Pro.

Ian has previously said they could do it (although he was drunk).

I tried GTSports token effort at the weekend. Being in VR was great that was it. The lack of gameplay options and the quality of ai presented absolutely no challenge whatsoever.
Driveclubs implementation was much better.

Come on Ian Bell. Please :)

Paid mode.... I'd even pay full price again like in Skyrim VR.

Daz555
24-01-2018, 09:32
It has outsold Rift and Vive and SMS developed for those platforms. The only reason it's not on PS4 is due to power. It just does not have it.

Bealdor
24-01-2018, 09:37
It has outsold Rift and Vive and SMS developed for those platforms. The only reason it's not on PS4 is due to power. It just does not have it.

If only Sony would allow PS4 Pro exclusive PSVR support...

Daz555
24-01-2018, 09:42
I think Pro could manage something but I doubt it would look very good.

Minimitch
24-01-2018, 10:50
PSVR may have outsold them, but still accounts for less than 50% of total VR units sold

Vic Flange
27-01-2018, 06:25

That is something I have been banging on about for six months or more. It isnít going to happen so I am selling my PSVR and have bought a PC and Rift.
Itís a shame because PSVR is a great piece of kit but it is being held back by Sony.