PDA

View Full Version : Ai behaviour exiting pits on cold tyres

Leper Messiah
17-04-2017, 09:34
In the PC races without tyre warmers I exit the pits on cold tyres and (rightly) have to warm them up (and the brakes), but it seems to me that the Ai can more or less go full chat from the get go, making me keep an eye on the mirror to avoid a possible problem. Is this behaviour going to be adjusted in PC2? If the Ai could go 60-70% throttle (or thereabouts) for lap 1 and maybe 90% or so for lap to and then full chat?

Roger Prynne
17-04-2017, 11:03
Don't worry as all that is in hand.

bradleyland
17-04-2017, 21:03
Your suspicions are confirmed. AI don't experience tyre temperature or tyre wear in pCARS. It has been confirmed that these are addressed in a more sophisticated manner in pCARS 2 though.

Olijke Poffer
18-04-2017, 05:00
Let's hope so. I also find it a bit strange the AI does not have to warm up their tires and brakes.
Also they drive like they are in a race when you're in a practise session. Way to aggressive if you ask me.

Leper Messiah
18-04-2017, 07:48
Don't worry as all that is in hand.

Your suspicions are confirmed. AI don't experience tyre temperature or tyre wear in pCARS. It has been confirmed that these are addressed in a more sophisticated manner in pCARS 2 though.

Excellent news!!! :) I'm currently utterly addicted to PC and suspect I'll have to set up intravenous food and liquid supplies for PC2!! ;)

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 17:33

That's great news, very glad to hear it. That's one thing that's really been bugging me now that I'm getting back into PCARS1.

Also, a question on a somewhat related note. In PCARS1, in qualifying, the AI always seem to bunch up and try to overtake like they're in a race, when in real life, drivers will tend to back off and give themselves room to run a lap in clean air. Anyone know if this has been addressed at all?

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 17:42
That's great news, very glad to hear it. That's one thing that's really been bugging me now that I'm getting back into PCARS1.

Also, a question on a somewhat related note. In PCARS1, in qualifying, the AI always seem to bunch up and try to overtake like they're in a race, when in real life, drivers will tend to back off and give themselves room to run a lap in clean air. Anyone know if this has been addressed at all?

The AI behavior has been re-written for PC2. I cannot confirm certain edge cases like this scenario of their behavior, but the overall experience will be much improved over PC1.

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 17:44
Fair enough. Just have to wait and hope for the best, I guess.