PDA

View Full Version : Project cars 2 for xbox 1 Pre order NOW

dault3883
21-04-2017, 03:15
according to amazon you can pre order Project cars 2 for xbox 1 now

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4WQG0L/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

poirqc
21-04-2017, 18:13
Will it really be release on New Year's Eve? :D

dault3883
21-04-2017, 18:42
Will it really be release on New Year's Eve? :D

i dont know im just letting you guys that have xbox 1 know you can preorder it now on amazon im just forwarding the info i found

snipeme77
21-04-2017, 18:44
I'm not preordering until I get see some improvement with the controller. Wait until we see a console build of the game

dault3883
21-04-2017, 18:59
I'm not preordering until I get see some improvement with the controller. Wait until we see a console build of the game

i agree im not telling people hey GO BUY THIS NOW lol just letting them know they can do what they want with that info

poirqc
22-04-2017, 10:53
i dont know im just letting you guys that have xbox 1 know you can preorder it now on amazon im just forwarding the info i found

Well, i was hinting that part of the page:

Product information
Platform:Xbox One
ASIN B01N4WQG0L
Release date December 31, 2017

breyzipp
22-04-2017, 21:34
Ian posted on GT Planet that there will be other versions than the standard edition as well so IMO hold off preordering anything until info of all the editions is released. Who knows, there might be special pre-order bonusses as well.

Just Another Frog
04-06-2017, 12:10

Well the good news is that there are now plenty of interview videos out there and the common trend seems to be that controller tweaking to make the game more accessible than pcars 1 was one of the first things to be addressed by the team.
As one previewer said, XB1 users have good reason to be optimistic with pcars 2 so lets hope that the team don't let us down again on day one. Although i'm not preordering this time around I am genuinely looking forward to the possibility of choice when it comes to which racing game i take forward into 2018.

dault3883
04-06-2017, 12:21
Well the good news is that there are now plenty of interview videos out there and the common trend seems to be that controller tweaking to make the game more accessible than pcars 1 was one of the first things to be addressed by the team.
As one previewer said, XB1 users have good reason to be optimistic with pcars 2 so lets hope that the team don't let us down again on day one. Although i'm not preordering this time around I am genuinely looking forward to the possibility of choice when it comes to which racing game i take forward into 2018.

good to know but also know there is some stuff on the game you can only get if you pre order

Just Another Frog
05-06-2017, 02:22
good to know but also know there is some stuff on the game you can only get if you pre order

My only real concern is exactly how well pcars 2 is going to perform on XBox with all these new features and enhancements, so imo sacrificing exclusive preorder content for a little piece of mind is a fair compromise.
The added bonus for me personally is that after recently resurrecting pcars 1 (it's been well over a year since i last played it) and actually finding that due to the obvious improvements i'm wanting to play it - and of course the lure of Forza 7, i probably have enough to enable me to wait and see how well pcars 2 is embraced by the media (and fans) on release.
I guess you guys don't have that luxury though :)

Francisnf
05-06-2017, 08:30

You should go and buy a wheel, its not out for a few months, get saving if is tight.

It will be the best 200 you spend, it will change your virtual racing life forever! :)

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 14:33
My only real concern is exactly how well pcars 2 is going to perform on XBox with all these new features and enhancements, so imo sacrificing exclusive preorder content for a little piece of mind is a fair compromise.
The added bonus for me personally is that after recently resurrecting pcars 1 (it's been well over a year since i last played it) and actually finding that due to the obvious improvements i'm wanting to play it - and of course the lure of Forza 7, i probably have enough to enable me to wait and see how well pcars 2 is embraced by the media (and fans) on release.

I'm of a similar mindset...I just recently got back into PCARS1 after nearly a year away, and am really enjoying it.

I'm excited by what I've seen so far at E3 regarding PCARS2 (and Forza 7), but I'm a bit hesitant because it's unclear just how well all these shiny new features will perform on my plain old "vanilla" XB1 as opposed to the new hotness of the XB1X.

I may still choose to preorder if some better options become available, but I'm not terribly worried even about supposed "exclusive" preorder cars. Almost invariably, at some point, there's some sort of GOTY Edition with all of the content included. And even if there's some stuff that I can't get, if I've got 170+ cars to choose from, I'm not going to cry in my milk over not having 3 or 4.

Konan
13-06-2017, 19:16

Quote from "The American" over at GTP:

I haven't plugged in my G27 for a while now. I'm enjoying playing with XB1 controller for daily testing (just did a nice lmp2/GTE race at COTA, quite a technical course, today using XB1 pad). And I don't mess with any settings at all. It just works from fresh install (which I do daily). In fact, if you are thinking of buying a wheel _just_ for this game because of a prior bad gamepad experience with pC1, I would recommend you hold on to your money at this time. It's not necessary for a good Day1 experience. Also I'm running nearly the same Indy times with XB1 controller as I am with G27, so not just a subjective "feels good" report, talkin' real data. I'm pretty smooth with my steering inputs, so that's all very important to me. I've done league races running 3 wide into turns and manage to control my car and not ruin it for others (video furnishable upon request).

Konan
13-06-2017, 19:19
Video:

https://youtu.be/yaP1dDXrXnA

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 19:20
That's extremely reassuring to hear, thanks for posting that.

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 19:32
Video:

https://youtu.be/yaP1dDXrXnA

The driver's on-screen hands in that video are surprisingly smooth. That was done using a controller? If so, he's one of the smoothest drivers I've ever seen, or there's a lot of input filtering going on before it gets translated into animation.

Konan
13-06-2017, 19:35
It is done with a controller yes (an Xbox controller even) and he is indeed a very smooth driver...:cool: