PDA

View Full Version : Custom Championship

PatrickRosa
25-04-2017, 20:44
Hi friends... Sorry about this question, but will have Pcars2 the option to you create your own championship? Does anyone know?

Thank you!

RacingAtHome
25-04-2017, 21:13
Hi friends... Sorry about this question, but will have Pcars2 the option to you create your own championship? Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Not from release but Ian said a while ago he'll see what he can do.

Mahjik
25-04-2017, 21:23
Online, yes.

Jocker
26-04-2017, 15:11
Custom championship for the offline please !!! :)

PatrickRosa
26-04-2017, 17:57
Yes, a custon championship for offline will be great!

But, thanks for all answers!
:cool:

FS7
26-04-2017, 20:18
The name of the game is Project CARS yet people keep asking for custom champion ships, go figure...

RacingAtHome
26-04-2017, 20:38
The name of the game is Project CARS yet people keep asking for custom champion ships, go figure...

I've been told to get my coat a lot of times. So take one of mine.

seb02
27-04-2017, 15:46
Yes, a custon championship for offline will be great!

But, thanks for all answers!
:cool:

I agree: the offline custom championship would be a huge addition. Even though I'm sure that SMS will do a good job with career mode, this mode will complete this career by letting the player free to create his own championships (choice of circuits, weather, night / day, level IA ...) . This is the feature I expect the most ...

DonArturo
03-05-2017, 20:06
Not from release but Ian said a while ago he'll see what he can do.

this "Ian will see what he can do" doesn´t give me much trust and hope for the feature I missed most in pc1 actually... :/

Mahjik
03-05-2017, 22:08
this "Ian will see what he can do" doesn´t give me much trust and hope for the feature I missed most in pc1 actually... :/

Just because something doesn't make it, doesn't mean than Ian didn't ask his team to try. I've been in IT for over 20 years. There have been times when my superiors have asked for something to be implemented. However, I provide them the technical limitations and risk for the effort. In some cases, the risk is to great so I've suggested that the feature cannot be implemented.

Now, that doesn't mean my superior didn't try. There were circumstances which prevented the feature going in to the product which were beyond his/her control.

DonArturo
04-05-2017, 04:18
Just because something doesn't make it, doesn't mean than Ian didn't ask his team to try. I've been in IT for over 20 years. There have been times when my superiors have asked for something to be implemented. However, I provide them the technical limitations and risk for the effort. In some cases, the risk is to great so I've suggested that the feature cannot be implemented.

Now, that doesn't mean my superior didn't try. There were circumstances which prevented the feature going in to the product which were beyond his/her control.

No need for defense-mode ;) I never doubted that Ian would sincerely try, just that the outcome wasn´t any more certain, just because he would.

Ryzza5
04-05-2017, 04:58
A number of developers are also very proud of the career mode they've created and so might not want to help people 'miss out' on some great combinations. So perhaps we'll see it as a post-launch update. Some have mentioned that you might be able to create an online championship and fill it up with AI, thus kind-of achieving the same goal.

Mahjik
04-05-2017, 13:00
No need for defense-mode ;) I never doubted that Ian would sincerely try, just that the outcome wasn´t any more certain, just because he would.

That's not "defensive" mode. That's "education" mode. I'm trying to provide you insight into how development works.

seb02
04-05-2017, 14:45
A number of developers are also very proud of the career mode they've created and so might not want to help people 'miss out' on some great combinations. So perhaps we'll see it as a post-launch update. Some have mentioned that you might be able to create an online championship and fill it up with AI, thus kind-of achieving the same goal.

Yes it would be good but if the number is limited to 16 (as online on PS4 in project cars 1), this will not allow offline custom championships like endurance, Stockcar, Indycar, blancpain ... which require more than 16 drivers.

RacingAtHome
04-05-2017, 23:51
Yes it would be good but if the number is limited to 16 (as online on PS4 in project cars 1), this will not allow offline custom championships like endurance, Stockcar, Indycar, blancpain ... which require more than 16 drivers.

It will, it just would be relatively limited.

Jocker
06-05-2017, 09:34
Almost all games offer a personalized championship so I do not see why PC2 would not offer it !

Already it is a shame that it is not present in PC1 !

RacingAtHome
06-05-2017, 20:53
Almost all games offer a personalized championship so I do not see why PC2 would not offer it !

Already it is a shame that it is not present in PC1 !

Almost all? The bigger ones definitely don't. Forza, Gran Turismo.

Jocker
07-05-2017, 12:40
For me, Forza and GT are not a reference !!!

dault3883
07-05-2017, 13:23

maybe not for you but other than Assorta Corsa they are probably Pcars biggest rivals on the purchasing market other than IRACING as that is a rent-a-game

Leper Messiah
07-05-2017, 19:18
Yeah I definitely want an offline custom championship creator as well.

Jocker
07-05-2017, 20:38
The custom championship is mandatory because you have to think about all types of racers !!!

RacingAtHome
07-05-2017, 21:01
The custom championship is mandatory because you have to think about all types of racers !!!

Tell Gran Turismo and Forza that.

You said almost all. Forza and GT are just 2 examples of ones where there is no custom championship.

FS7
07-05-2017, 22:00
GT & Forza don't even have proper race weekends, so they have a lot of catching up to do.

RacingAtHome
07-05-2017, 22:02
GT & Forza don't even have proper race weekends, so they have a lot of catching up to do.

Also true.

cxMilk
07-05-2017, 22:36
I think one of the reasons, at least to me, why a lack of custom offline championships feels so disheartening is because pCars is very sandbox when it comes to everything else. Nothing is locked behind some sort of in-game monetary value like other aforementioned games, leveling component, or other such nonsense. It could be argued that pCars career is fairly sandbox in itself since you can tackle career how you best see fit, but it's still all scripted in the end.

It's been a while since I played one of the Codies' F1 games, but I remember I paralleled my main championship with a series of short custom championships to help spice things up. Every racing game in the past that ever had this option, I'd take full advantage of it.

I totally understand devs being proud of the championships they created for us, the players, but limiting players to scripted championships gives the game a shorter lifespan for offline players, like myself. Custom offline championships would give it an infinitely longer lifespan. I've been thoroughly enjoying the career in pCars 1, but it's a shame I can't run a GT1X series or a B Class series or a Trans-Am series without resorting to a bunch of one off QRWs.

While I love career modes, sometimes I wonder, especially in a game like pCars, why a career mode must exist at all. Give us the cars, the tracks, and the tools - which you already do, and let us go to town. But then, I guess that's what multiplayer is for.

Although, if rumors/hopes are to be believed and we'll be allowed to fill races with AI in multiplayer custom championships and run it as a single player, it sort of begs the question only further of why this but not that?

seb02
08-05-2017, 07:01
We were already talking about offline custom championship in project cars 1. And I remember that this mode had to happen like the animation of stands, ovals ... I find it so surprising that SMS did not prioritize this in the development Of PC2, especially as this mode exists for online now.

Jocker
08-05-2017, 07:51
Tell Gran Turismo and Forza that.

You said almost all. Forza and GT are just 2 examples of ones where there is no custom championship.

Stop inflating me with your GT and FM

Leper Messiah
08-05-2017, 14:21
I think one of the reasons, at least to me, why a lack of custom offline championships feels so disheartening is because pCars is very sandbox when it comes to everything else. Nothing is locked behind some sort of in-game monetary value like other aforementioned games, leveling component, or other such nonsense. It could be argued that pCars career is fairly sandbox in itself since you can tackle career how you best see fit, but it's still all scripted in the end.

It's been a while since I played one of the Codies' F1 games, but I remember I paralleled my main championship with a series of short custom championships to help spice things up. Every racing game in the past that ever had this option, I'd take full advantage of it.

I totally understand devs being proud of the championships they created for us, the players, but limiting players to scripted championships gives the game a shorter lifespan for offline players, like myself. Custom offline championships would give it an infinitely longer lifespan. I've been thoroughly enjoying the career in pCars 1, but it's a shame I can't run a GT1X series or a B Class series or a Trans-Am series without resorting to a bunch of one off QRWs.

While I love career modes, sometimes I wonder, especially in a game like pCars, why a career mode must exist at all. Give us the cars, the tracks, and the tools - which you already do, and let us go to town. But then, I guess that's what multiplayer is for.

Although, if rumors/hopes are to be believed and we'll be allowed to fill races with AI in multiplayer custom championships and run it as a single player, it sort of begs the question only further of why this but not that?

Agree with most of this, apart from no career mode as I really do like this feature of contracts and moving up the ranks (I'd like to see it fleshed out a lot more in the details, although not "soap opera" stuff like Ryan McKane). But yeah totally agree with the "sandbox" comment.

Mahjik
08-05-2017, 14:54
Guys,

SMS will make it happen if they can. What we don't get to see is the list of features they have in front of them. Unfortunately, it's not possible to do "everything" so some things will not make it. Also what we don't see if the difficult decisions they have to make between all of the great features they would like to add.

SMS is in this for the long haul... This is not a cash & grab operation.

seb02
09-05-2017, 08:33
Guys,

SMS will make it happen if they can. What we don't get to see is the list of features they have in front of them. Unfortunately, it's not possible to do "everything" so some things will not make it. Also what we don't see if the difficult decisions they have to make between all of the great features they would like to add.

SMS is in this for the long haul... This is not a cash & grab operation.

I understand perfectly what you say. Personally, as an offline player, I will wait to know the career mode and see if this offline custom championship happens. I liked the career mode on PC1 except the length of the championships which were globally too short (3 or 5 locations, it is little). And regarding the offline custom championship, I'll wait because we've already done the shot on Project cars 1 with ovals, animation of stands ...Because honestly, it is painful to follow a championship on an excel table with never the same starting grid and the same level of AI.

Rambo_Commando
09-05-2017, 13:40
Does anyone know if the weather is still scripted in offline championship?

Roger Prynne
09-05-2017, 16:44
^ Read from here.... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50238-Some-Pcars2-questions-in-relation-to-Pcars&p=1328573&viewfull=1#post1328573

petrolandpixels
17-05-2017, 10:29
Well I have hammered PCars since its release xbox is saying I've spent 40 days on it or 934 hours!!
But I always hankered after a custom championship and now Kunos have done it for AC on consoles and the glee and excitement its brought is palpable and surely enough to warrant and inclusion on PCars 2?

If Kunos can do it and what i've heard about the update on PS4, done it very very well, then anyone can!!

honespc
17-05-2017, 11:31
Well I have hammered PCars since its release xbox is saying I've spent 40 days on it or 934 hours!!
But I always hankered after a custom championship and now Kunos have done it for AC on consoles and the glee and excitement its brought is palpable and surely enough to warrant and inclusion on PCars 2?

If Kunos can do it and what i've heard about the update on PS4, done it very very well, then anyone can!!Kunos DLC policy is already bordering on the joke. These cool free updates of theirs such as the custom championship fall short when compared to the very base content available. I understand It's a small studio and blahblah, but still..., If their road car physics were just as good as the racing ones, then It wouldn't be an issue to me to continue buying their dlc. Stopped supporting them after the 3 dream packs. Haven't got any Porche DLC and the red bull ring.

I can't help but wonder what is going to happen to the competition when pc2 is released, with such tremendous vanilla content, and the improved diff system, which btw I hope it doesn't get to ridiculous levels of being able to catch slides with powerful racing cars that make use of stick tyres kinda like you currently can in GT Sport. I mean I hope that when they talk about the car being more manageable when sliding, they don't mean reaching GT Sport risible levels of inaccuracy, just because they have to keep beginners and pad users happy as well.

If everything goes fine on the tyre and physics department, then when pc2 launches there will be no more competition. It is as simple as that, even if features no custom championships. Overwhelming base content + physics just as good as they say = win.

seb02
17-05-2017, 12:18
Kunos DLC policy is already bordering on the joke. These cool free updates of theirs such as the custom championship fall short when compared to the very base content available. I understand It's a small studio and blahblah, but still..., If their road car physics were just as good as the racing ones, then It wouldn't be an issue to me to continue buying their dlc. Stopped supporting them after the 3 dream packs. Haven't got any Porche DLC and the red bull ring.

I can't help but wonder what is going to happen to the competition when pc2 is released, with such tremendous vanilla content, and the improved diff system, which btw I hope it doesn't get to ridiculous levels of being able to catch slides with powerful racing cars that make use of stick tyres kinda like you currently can in GT Sport. I mean I hope that when they talk about the car being more manageable when sliding, they don't mean reaching GT Sport risible levels of inaccuracy, just because they have to keep beginners and pad users happy as well.

If everything goes fine on the tyre and physics department, then when pc2 launches there will be no more competition. It is as simple as that, even if features no custom championships. Overwhelming base content + physics just as good as they say = win.

I personally think that an offline custom championship is an important addition to a racing game. If a game comes out with a physics a little less than Project cars 2 but with an offline custom championship, I will surely choose this one because I play mainly offline.

RacingAtHome
17-05-2017, 12:38
For the first few months, I don't think Custom Championships offline matter that much since we already have a career mode and if it's not in on release, expect the first non-Day 1 update to be another patching update and game changing features added every other month at the most often. They know we're interested and already have developed the basic framework for this in the online mode and would require a reasonable overhaul to tailor it for offline play.

petrolandpixels
17-05-2017, 14:49
Kunos DLC policy is already bordering on the joke. These cool free updates of theirs such as the custom championship fall short when compared to the very base content available. I understand It's a small studio and blahblah, but still..., If their road car physics were just as good as the racing ones, then It wouldn't be an issue to me to continue buying their dlc. Stopped supporting them after the 3 dream packs. Haven't got any Porche DLC and the red bull ring.

If you had of ever driven even a car on a track day let alone a racing car you'd know that cars can be very manageable and progressive with slides up to and just over the limit.
The problem is years of people playing racing games and sims which don't recreate that and make a driving on ice drop off point towards limit, one of the worst for this is Forza 6.
How many times have you heard people say "it handles on rails" etc.... (race/) Cars are thankfully designed to be pretty user friendly, BUT once you start dancing with the limits and over is where talent and balls come into the faster times etc. IMO.

Jocker
20-05-2017, 11:33
The custom championship is for me, very important !!!

I wait this option for buy PC2 !!!

Evilcee
20-05-2017, 16:54
For the first few months, I don't think Custom Championships offline matter that much since we already have a career mode and if it's not in on release, expect the first non-Day 1 update to be another patching update and game changing features added every other month at the most often. They know we're interested and already have developed the basic framework for this in the online mode and would require a reasonable overhaul to tailor it for offline play.

Totally agree.
They surely would want us to explore the career mode fully before giving us offline custom championships in an update.
It makes sense to me.

Jocker
20-05-2017, 19:31
On PC1 I don't use the career mode because it's not interesting for me !!!

On PC2 this is the same situation ... NEVER THE CAREER MODE FOR ME !!!

I would like be free on my choices for the tracks and cars of my championship !!!

dault3883
20-05-2017, 20:08
On PC1 I don't use the career mode because it's not interesting for me !!!

On PC2 this is the same situation ... NEVER THE CAREER MODE FOR ME !!!

I would like be free on my choices for the tracks and cars of my championship !!!

you could always do it the old fashion way and just do race now events and record the points then add them all up over X number of races :witless:

Jocker
21-05-2017, 18:57
It's not possible because the AI ​​will not have the accumulated points ... :/

dault3883
21-05-2017, 18:59
It's not possible because the AI ​​will not have the accumulated points ... :/

Thats why you write down the points on Pen and paper go OLD SCHOOL it can be done

besides if you win say 7 out of 10 races youve won the title no matter what LOL

Jocker
21-05-2017, 19:25
It's not possible because this is not the same divers and the same level of course in course !

Rambo_Commando
02-06-2017, 00:11
Thats why you write down the points on Pen and paper go OLD SCHOOL it can be done

besides if you win say 7 out of 10 races youve won the title no matter what LOL

The AI driver names change each time you enter a QRW so you can't really do it old school.

doodleco
02-06-2017, 15:19
The AI driver names change each time you enter a QRW so you can't really do it old school.

You can still do it, it's a bit of a pain but I add some extra time in a practice session and watch on the monitor to make a note of each driver name and what car they are driving (number, make, model). I'm currently running a multi class endurance championship with LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 doing this and because the class sizes are limited by only having 30 entries it tends to produce some pretty close racing. A full field of the same type of car would probably be a bit more random in the results but I found this was a problem with the career mode also so didn't let it bother me.

Jorge_pzg
04-06-2017, 15:45
Are we going to have custom championships from the beginning?

Mahjik
04-06-2017, 15:46
Are we going to have custom championships from the beginning?

Online, yes. Offline is still unknown.

Jorge_pzg
04-06-2017, 15:48
Ok! Hope it has...

seb02
17-06-2017, 06:54
Online, yes. Offline is still unknown.

Honestly, I don't think the offline custom championship will come on pc2. The game is supposed to come out in 3 months and developers have never talked about this in the interviews. So not much hope ...

sampopel
18-06-2017, 17:33
Honestly, I don't think the offline custom championship will come on pc2. The game is supposed to come out in 3 months and developers have never talked about this in the interviews. So not much hope ...

I fear the same, but we'll see...

I'm not certain I'll even buy pcars2 without custom championships and the ability to customise the AI, including changing their names and attributes/skills so that I can at least recognise them and remember who they are from one race to the next.

For all that I initially was wowed by pcars1, as an offline only player, the single factor that stopped me going back to it after only a couple of months (I haven't touched it in about 18 months) is that the championships were empty experiences that felt like chore to participate in, with effectively random, unmemorable AI drivers with no personality, no consistency from one race to the next and so critically, no rivalries were being built up over the course of a season or seasons. This meant there was no tension or excitement and it just wasn't immersive. They effectively felt like a series of disconnected one-off races against random nobodies whose abilities almost seemed randomised for each race. So I ended up just playing single races anyway, until that got too boring and pointless to continue with.

Mattze
18-06-2017, 19:13
They announced there are 7 different AI personalities in the game, so I hope this implies more consistency for the AI, too.

mkstatto
18-06-2017, 19:32

I'm not certain I'll even buy pcars2 without custom championships and the ability to customise the AI, including changing their names and attributes/skills so that I can at least recognise them and remember who they are from one race to the next.

For all that I initially was wowed by pcars1, as an offline only player, the single factor that stopped me going back to it after only a couple of months (I haven't touched it in about 18 months) is that the championships were empty experiences that felt like chore to participate in, with effectively random, unmemorable AI drivers with no personality, no consistency from one race to the next and so critically, no rivalries were being built up over the course of a season or seasons. This meant there was no tension or excitement and it just wasn't immersive. They effectively felt like a series of disconnected one-off races against random nobodies whose abilities almost seemed randomised for each race. So I ended up just playing single races anyway, until that got too boring and pointless to continue with.

I'd really like to hear some comments on what they've done with career mode this time round to improve the show, very little content on that so far. Hopefully an element that you feel a bit more of a team and that you actually have a race engineer, was totally wooden in the first game. Would like a motorsport pyramid visual display as well so you could track where your 'pinging' around for season to season.

seb02
20-06-2017, 08:21

Personally, I do not know yet whether I will buy it. I liked PC1, but I wanted to have the opportunity to create my own championships. Apparently, this will not be the case in PC2, which bothers me. Besides that, new features, new circuits, new cars arrive, it's great. For now, I am not ready to buy it, we will see how is the career mode.

konnos
20-06-2017, 09:59
Personally, I do not know yet whether I will buy it. I liked PC1, but I wanted to have the opportunity to create my own championships. Apparently, this will not be the case in PC2, which bothers me. Besides that, new features, new circuits, new cars arrive, it's great. For now, I am not ready to buy it, we will see how is the career mode.

Again, they have confirmed online custom championships, which means you can make a full AI grid with yourself and just race there. Maybe an offline dedicated server championship option might be a solution for those that do not want to be online to play a game.

OddTimer
20-06-2017, 10:01
I will deffo get the game, but by the time PCars2 comes out pretty much all PC sim racers will have customisable offline championships (AC, RR, AMS. RF2 should have it when their new UI comes out this year)....I hope SMS can pull this one off.

GenBrien
20-06-2017, 10:09
you can make a full AI grid with yourself and just race there
are you sure about that?
what is the # of Ai that you can add?

not sure it will be full grid. Hope I'm wrong though

Bealdor
20-06-2017, 10:22
IIRC the ability to add AI cars in online championships has not been confirmed yet.

breyzipp
20-06-2017, 17:17
IIRC the ability to add AI cars in online championships has not been confirmed yet.

Indeed, i think the American replied in the long GT Q/A thread about it something in the lines of "we might look into it". As far as I know, definitely not confirmed yet.

konnos
22-06-2017, 14:45
Huh really, that's what I assumed when i read "only online custom championships so far". Like there is some sort of issue with making one off-line so they want to control it by having it online. I see, shame if that is the case, I don't see why something like this is tricky.

Roger Prynne
22-06-2017, 15:05
Huh really, that's what I assumed when i read "only online custom championships so far". Like there is some sort of issue with making one off-line so they want to control it by having it online. I see, shame if that is the case, I don't see why something like this is tricky.

Do you know anything about game development?

konnos
22-06-2017, 16:55
No, sir! I just don't understand the intricacies of such a thing!

seb02
26-06-2017, 08:12
No, sir! I just don't understand the intricacies of such a thing!

I asked myself the same question. Maybe SMS does not want to realize this option ...I won't preorder for the moment, i'm waiting for news.

F1Aussie
28-06-2017, 13:09
Wow, I seriously can't believe an offline championship hasn't been included. This was a much requested option in pc1 after it was released. I believe sms looked into it but it was not realistic to include.
I would have thought that it was a no brainer for pc2. If it is not there at release then it won't be added down the track.
I lost interest in pc1 relatively quickly cos I got sick of playing individual races that did not lead to anything.
I will have to reconsider if I purchase pc2 then.

FIA
04-07-2017, 01:06
Yes this is the only part that was missing from pc1, it needs to be in the new game, and should of been part of the design of the core game, it will keep people coming back for more and not everyone plays online
setting up a full champ to how you like it would make the game feel complete for me, without this its not complete, games in the past had this toca and others too
its the missing ingredient to a complete full flavor game, playing a one race day was not good in pc1 and a career is for just a career of all cars, we want to select a car type, tracks, weather,and all other good stuff
its can be in the game others had this in past games running on older consoles, Created by players :mad:

Mahjik
04-07-2017, 03:26
its the missing ingredient to a complete full flavor game, playing a one race day was not good in pc1 and a career is for just a career of all cars, we want to select a car type, tracks, weather,and all other good stuff
its can be in the game others had this in past games running on older consoles, Created by players :mad:

Don't buy it then. You aren't being forced to buy it. Stick with Forza.

At the end of the day, SMS is putting out something special. Will it have everything? Nope! However, that doesn't mean it's not good on it's own merits for what it does provide.

seb02
04-07-2017, 07:44
Don't buy it then. You aren't being forced to buy it. Stick with Forza.

At the end of the day, SMS is putting out something special. Will it have everything? Nope! However, that doesn't mean it's not good on it's own merits for what it does provide.

PC2 has brought new and well-received options and this is good news.
I am one of the players who play offline and actually, the offline custom championship was my biggest expectation.
PC2 will surely be a very good game but it does not match my expectations quite simply.
I emphasize that I find your answer little diplomatic, without disrespect.

Phil.Vhee
04-07-2017, 10:49
Oh yes we want a custom championship for the offline please !!! :)

RacingAtHome
04-07-2017, 11:20
Oh yes we want a custom championship for the offline please !!! :)

Of course we do. They've got the base of it with the online one. What needs doing is the hard work for the offline aspects including AI and that looks like it requires more resources and skills.

GenBrien
04-07-2017, 15:24
would be fun if SMS would start giving details about SP thoug...

RacingAtHome
04-07-2017, 16:13
would be fun if SMS would start giving details about SP thoug...

Wouldn't disagree with that in the slightest. But race settings are pretty useful.

Mahjik
04-07-2017, 16:18
I emphasize that I find your answer little diplomatic, without disrespect.

Diplomatic?

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that word as my answer was anything but... I would have used "crass".

Everyone focusing on what SMS is not bringing is really disrespectful to SMS. They have been working extremely hard to deliver a great sim for everyone and yet most only complain about what they are not bringing. How about all of the great things coming?

Offline Championships are not coming day one. It's always possible it's something that happens later as SMS has mentioned, but it's not there day one and you should never purchase something hoping what you are wanting shows up. If offline championship is the only thing you care about, then PC2 isn't for you so don't buy it. It's really that simple.

I play offline 95% of the time myself. I would like to have that feature at some point. However, what SMS is bringing to the table is fantastic in it's own right so I'm very happy they continue to bring their vision to the stores.

Roger Prynne
04-07-2017, 16:48
^ Here Here.

RacingAtHome
04-07-2017, 17:21
Diplomatic?

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that word as my answer was anything but... I would have used "crass".

Everyone focusing on what SMS is not bringing is really disrespectful to SMS. They have been working extremely hard to deliver a great sim for everyone and yet most only complain about what they are not bringing. How about all of the great things coming?

Offline Championships are not coming day one. It's always possible it's something that happens later as SMS has mentioned, but it's not there day one and you should never purchase something hoping what you are wanting shows up. If offline championship is the only thing you care about, then PC2 isn't for you so don't buy it. It's really that simple.

I play offline 95% of the time myself. I would like to have that feature at some point. However, what SMS is bringing to the table is fantastic in it's own right so I'm very happy they continue to bring their vision to the stores.

Cannot disagree with this less. We all have what we want and offline championships is on my list as well as a fuller Touring Car class with TCR and Super 2000 split. However, as those are unlikely, I'm not going to whine about it because I like what the rest of the game has to offer.

seb02
05-07-2017, 06:36
Diplomatic?

I'm not sure that the "Stick With Forza" is very constructive but I can be wrong.
For the rest, I totally agree with you : indeed, no one should buy a game on what it does not offer. And that's why I have not pre-ordered PC2 yet.
Finally, if you had quoted my entire comment (I do not know whether it was voluntary or not), you would have noticed that I said that PC2 brought new welcome options, that it would surely be a very good game and That unfortunately for me, it simply did not meet my expectations.

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 08:43
I'm not sure that the "Stick With Forza" is very constructive but I can be wrong.
For the rest, I totally agree with you : indeed, no one should buy a game on what it does not offer. And that's why I have not pre-ordered PC2 yet.
Finally, if you had quoted my entire comment (I do not know whether it was voluntary or not), you would have noticed that I said that PC2 brought new welcome options, that it would surely be a very good game and That unfortunately for me, it simply did not meet my expectations.

How can you say that when the game has not even been released yet and you have not tried it?

seb02
05-07-2017, 09:01
How can you say that when the game has not even been released yet and you have not tried it?

I say this because the offline custom championship will not be present in PC2 and as I explained before, this was my main expectation.

Mahjik
05-07-2017, 13:35
I said that PC2 brought new welcome options, that it would surely be a very good game and That unfortunately for me, it simply did not meet my expectations.

Well, it's been great knowing you. There is no reason to hang out here much for you until you see what come later (whether patches for PC2 or PC3).

Johnny_91
05-07-2017, 13:48
SMS didn`t announced anything about offline championship yet. Last friday we got some news over the dynamic track surface, yesterday we had the full list of cars announced. So maybe we have to wait a little, till offline championchip are getting announced or even not. So myself is staying calm and ready for the next series of announcements.

Mahjik
05-07-2017, 13:53
SMS didn`t announced anything about offline championship yet. Last friday we got some news over the dynamic track surface, yesterday we had the full list of cars announced. So maybe we have to wait a little, till offline championchip are getting announced or even not. So myself is staying calm and ready for the next series of announcements.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-slight-mad-studios-ian-bell-read-op.353715/page-28#post-11740911

seb02
05-07-2017, 17:28
Well, it's been great knowing you. There is no reason to hang out here much for you until you see what come later (whether patches for PC2 or PC3).

Happy to have met you and thank you for your hospitality.
But I intend to stay on the forum unless a rule prohibits it.
Good evening

FIA
06-07-2017, 01:50
Well it sounds like there will be something added at a later date for offline champs hopefully,
but for day 1 game you can make an online champ and fill grid with AI and just 1 human player and set it to private not public lobby, that may work...

seb02
06-07-2017, 06:26
Well it sounds like there will be something added at a later date for offline champs hopefully,
but for day 1 game you can make an online champ and fill grid with AI and just 1 human player and set it to private not public lobby, that may work...

Yes I agree with you but can we fill the online championship with AI exclusively? I have not read any official confirmation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FIA
10-07-2017, 03:15
Can anyone confirm if online championships can have a full AI grid and 1 human player??

shiftee
10-07-2017, 16:45
no custom championships on release has pretty much been the main disappointing news for me on Pcars2 so far, everything else is sounding great.

I really hope it is added as DLC later, but we can't really count on that happening. It definitely needs to happen by the time new DLC tracks are released. I do not hotlap or race online, so i want to be able to use the DLC tracks I buy in my offline career -- the actual races, not limited special event invitationals. otherwise I really do not get my money's worth out of them at all. so hopefully it is added at a later date as DLC, or we can fill online championships with AI and do it that way. I will keep my fingers crossed, and I know the offline career it is shipped with will keep me plenty busy until then...

cxMilk
10-07-2017, 17:30
no custom championships on release has pretty much been the main disappointing news for me on Pcars2 so far, everything else is sounding great.

I really hope it is added as DLC later, but we can't really count on that happening. It definitely needs to happen by the time new DLC tracks are released. I do not hotlap or race online, so i want to be able to use the DLC tracks I buy in my offline career -- the actual races, not limited special event invitationals. otherwise I really do not get my money's worth out of them at all. so hopefully it is added at a later date as DLC, or we can fill online championships with AI and do it that way. I will keep my fingers crossed, and I know the offline career it is shipped with will keep me plenty busy until then...
The bit about poor DLC track integration into the career is a very valid point, especially for those of us that primarily play career. This is one reason why I'd love to see career mode have rotational lists per championship in which DLC tracks can be slipped in where appropriate.

Career mode is still the one element where we're still left guessing at the moment. I'm eagerly awaiting news to start dropping that goes into the ins and outs of how it's going to work.

slider916
21-09-2017, 19:43
Is this an option in PCars2?

Mahjik
21-09-2017, 19:43
No. Please use the search function.

Siberian Tiger
21-09-2017, 19:44
Online it will be (After Release Addition)

Offline at the moment - No.

But you have a big choice of Cars and Tracks so you could create it manually (with Pen an Paper, and some Imagination)

Kitt
21-09-2017, 19:53
If I remember on the first game the AI names changed every race which made it impossible to do your own pen and paper championship,do they stay the same now?

Mahjik
21-09-2017, 19:56
If I remember on the first game the AI names changed every race which made it impossible to do your own pen and paper championship,do they stay the same now?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50963-Single-player-Opponent-Consistency&p=1349065&viewfull=1#post1349065

krisby
22-09-2017, 04:30
that is really slack, this was a big discussion for pcars 1 and Ian as good as promised it, and here we are 2 years later, still no custom seasons. So what I have now is a game that is worthless to me. Why would I race Pcars2 when I can race R3E or AC with custom seasons?
I'm pretty sure I saw something late last year or early this year saying it was included too, and that was why I went on pre-order.

Oh Hey Jack
23-09-2017, 10:59
Is there/will there be a way to create a custom championship - on or offline. I really wanted to create an IMSA style championship for me to do offline with multi-class, but I can't see an option. :confused:

DozUK
23-09-2017, 11:48
There is an online custom championship which will be in a future patch :)

Oh Hey Jack
23-09-2017, 12:14
There is an online custom championship which will be in a future patch :)

Great, thanks. Any plans to move it over to single player? It would be really cool.

Pilot37
23-09-2017, 12:53
More essential for me rather than just cool :-)

DozUK
23-09-2017, 17:59
Great, thanks. Any plans to move it over to single player? It would be really cool.

Online only

Mmahockey
25-09-2017, 18:35
Hope everyone is enjoying the game
Does anyone see where you can create custom championships? I believe it was supposed to be included in PCARS 2 and I don't see it on single player or online.

AbeWoz
25-09-2017, 18:36
They didn't make it in for release but should be added in at a later date.

Mmahockey
25-09-2017, 18:43
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if that's for both single player and online?

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 19:07
The only thing that has been stated is for online championships.

Mmahockey
25-09-2017, 19:16
Dang. Crossing my fingers for single player custom championships too!

m355y
25-09-2017, 19:30
To be fair, you can now select which classes you want in solo races which is a big step up from the original and that's pretty much pacified my need for custom championships. If you want to be really autistic you could get a pen and paper and work out a championship based on the car numbers/liveries if the names change. I've done it.

Cornflex
25-09-2017, 19:34
To be fair, you can now select which classes you want in solo races which is a big step up from the original and that's pretty much pacified my need for custom championships. If you want to be really autistic you could get a pen and paper and work out a championship based on the car numbers/liveries if the names change. I've done it.

Well, pen and paper championships? We live in the 21st century.;) A top notch racing game should have custom championships.

Mmahockey
25-09-2017, 19:44

Oh I've done that! The only issue is every time you start a new race, you're not guaranteed to get the same ai cars and liveries in the race so it wouldn't work.

naondave
29-09-2017, 07:43
Online only

So this means no ability to create a championship online with AI only?

Trippul G
29-09-2017, 08:08
So this means no ability to create a championship online with AI only?

Far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed one way or the other.

Jaydan5778
04-10-2017, 17:15
Have the devs confirmed this is coming or is it a maybe ?

whip
04-10-2017, 17:21
yes they have confirmed it

Jaydan5778
04-10-2017, 17:27
yes they have confirmed it

Thanks good to know, did they give a estimated date when it might be coming ?

F1Aussie
04-10-2017, 23:07
Only confirmed in online, not offline sadly

apey75
05-10-2017, 01:55
Damn! Having this in offline mode would be such a great feature.

Only confirmed in online, not offline sadly

Purg
05-10-2017, 05:45
I wouldn't be surprised if you could do an online championship solo with AI filling the rest of the spots - if they don't offer an offline alternative.

Holblood
06-10-2017, 18:12
Hello,

I thought that there was a option for making your own custom championships.

I like to make my own championship with the car classes i like and the track i like.

Does anyone know if this will come in a next patch?

Mahjik
06-10-2017, 18:32
Online Championships are coming soon.

clanky
06-10-2017, 19:03
Online Championships are coming soon.

I can't wait, will be tons of fun. Maybe we get lucky and Mr. Bell comes in with his idea of "soon" ;)

Holblood
06-10-2017, 19:46
Yeah but thats online. Isnt there a single player custom championship mode comming to?

Jaydan5778
06-10-2017, 19:49
Yeah but thats online. Isnt there a single player custom championship mode comming to?

Yeah i think what everyone is expecting is offline championships

Mahjik
06-10-2017, 20:08

Nothing has been confirmed in this area.

JoshTheGeologist
06-10-2017, 20:10
Nothing has been confirmed in this area.

I would LOVE custom offline championships!

Ossnott
06-10-2017, 21:04
Yeah, having a career mode is nice I guess, but that gets old.
Having the possibility to create your own championships, with your favorite cars, rules , weather and tracks would last forever!

Jaydan5778
06-10-2017, 21:42
Yeah, having a career mode is nice I guess, but that gets old.
Having the possibility to create your own championships, with your favorite cars, rules , weather and tracks would last forever!

I think that last bit might be the problem :/

Ossnott
06-10-2017, 21:47
I think that last bit might be the problem :/
Oh sorry! Ian, Surely I mean "will last to the sequel" ;)

Andrew_WOT
06-10-2017, 22:25
After exhausting Career, offline Championships surely will be handy.
Extends game longevity to single player minded.

Trippul G
06-10-2017, 23:23
Ideally, it would be nice to have online and offline custom championships as two totally separate menu items. Short of that, I'd like to see them be online, with the possibility to completely fill out the grid with AI. That way both online and single player racers would be able to take advantage of it. That's really the key here, making it available whether you want to play by yourself, or with others.

HoiHman
08-10-2017, 10:48
Really don't understand why single player custom championship didn't make into PCARS2 eventhough it was promised at first. It was a very big disappointment for me, but i decided to give the career a try.

I wanted to drive GT3, but this was locked so i picked the 2015 Renault Sport R.S. 01 to start with. The car was great fun to drive and really loved it, but.... only 4 races and then it's over. Only way to drive the car again is doing the same championship, with the same 4 races. Real shame, since i would have enjoyed a much longer season with 2015 Renault Sport R.S. 01.

Next i picked the 2016 Lamborghini Huracán LP620-2 Super Trofeo. Terrible car, to drive. Didn't enjoy my season at all, but grinded trough all seven races. I put up with the night races at road atlanta and monza and suffered terrible framerates. I have excellent frame rates during the day races and i have a I7700K and 1080Ti. After winning the championship, i was really happy to be able to start with GT3......

I picked the German championship and boy how i was i disappointed. A GT3 race in the snow??? It couldn't be more wrong. If i wanted to drift, i surely would not have picked a GT3 car to drive.

Like in all other sims i would like the ability to create my own custom single player championships for a lot of different reasons

- Drive my favorite car in a season on tracks that i like
- Have the ability to create longer seasons
- Be able to avoid stuff like : Snow races, night races or even wet races

Since the performance of PCARS2 is terrible at night, we should be able to race during the day only and not have to turn every graphical setting way down because the career mode plans a rain race at night.

The game is awesome and has great potential, but for single player longevity we desperately need to ability to create our own championships.

Ferraristo
08-10-2017, 10:58
A GT3 race in the snow??? It couldn't be more wrong.

I think Ian said somewhere that they want to remove the snow races from career.

Since the performance of PCARS2 is terrible at night,
I have not experienced too bad performance in the night. And i have a AMD R9 290.

Custom championships would be awesome, but apparently we have no 100% secure confirmation of Offline championships. Apparently SMS is working on online championships. So we have to wait and see.

milliotseb
08-10-2017, 12:12
only 4 races and then it's over. Only way to drive the car again is doing the same championship, with the same 4 races. Real shame, since i would have enjoyed a much longer season with 2015 Renault Sport R.S. 01.

Did you picked the long season or the short season?. 4 races looks like a short season. I don't know the answer as I am still in cayman euro cup

atf300
08-10-2017, 13:15
agreed , definitely needs a custom championship!

davidt33
08-10-2017, 14:00
I think Ian said somewhere that they want to remove the snow races from career.
But if there are issues with racing in snow or snow-like weather conditions in Career, won't there be same issues solo and/or online multi-player lobby too?

Did you picked the long season or the short season?. 4 races looks like a short season. I don't know the answer as I am still in cayman euro cup
I think the long session is 4 races bro, and the short...2.

Lars Rosenquist
08-10-2017, 15:01
But if there are issues with racing in snow or snow-like weather conditions in Career, won't there be same issues solo and/or online multi-player lobby too?
The decision to remove snow races in career stands separate from the bug with snow tires AFAIK. It's more that it makes no sense to have GT3 races in snow (race would be cancelled IRL if there were snow).

davidt33
08-10-2017, 15:23
The decision to remove snow races in career stands separate from the bug with snow tires AFAIK. It's more that it makes no sense to have GT3 races in snow (race would be cancelled IRL if there were snow).

Question. If snow races are removed from Career, what will happen as in my case where I've reached race 4/4 in Formula Rookie on track Ruapuna Park Club (not quite snow/ice covered but white dust that may be snow on track) and unable to proceed further due to extreme slippage? You mentioned GT3 races in snow. Does that include also the track/weather condition in Ruapuna Park Club mentioned? And if it is removed how am I going to proceed further having been stuck at race 4/4, Practice round in order to proceed to any other Career segment which are all locked to me since I have not yet completed this first series?

PervasiveFall8
08-10-2017, 15:52
Add me to the list of those that want them.
Just like weather slots
It would be awesome to create a playlist/ tracks/ number of AI (for Xbox make it less the 16 avoid bug)/ weather. Instead of having to do single ones in quick play

PervasiveFall8
08-10-2017, 15:56
Question. If snow races are removed from Career, what will happen as in my case where I've reached race 4/4 in Formula Rookie on track Ruapuna Park Club (not quite snow/ice covered but white dust that may be snow on track) and unable to proceed further due to extreme slippage? You mentioned GT3 races in snow. Does that include also the track/weather condition in Ruapuna Park Club mentioned? And if it is removed how am I going to proceed further having been stuck at race 4/4, Practice round in order to proceed to any other Career segment which are all locked to me since I have not yet completed this first series?

Why can’t you proceed? You don’t have to win to proceed. I might have even retired to pit on that one frustrate and had enoug points to proceed. I know I retired from the GT3 one the wobble setup bung ruined the NSX gt3 for me I couldn’t go over 3rd gear with out whipping out so retired and then won next two races and was 3rd in championship and proceeded

davidt33
08-10-2017, 17:04
Why can’t you proceed? You don’t have to win to proceed. I might have even retired to pit on that one frustrate and had enoug points to proceed. I know I retired from the GT3 one the wobble setup bung ruined the NSX gt3 for me I couldn’t go over 3rd gear with out whipping out so retired and then won next two races and was 3rd in championship and proceeded

That's the final round of that race bro. I can't proceed without skipping practise, going on to qualifying...being faced with the same situation, ending up in last position, proceeding to the final race in which case I'll end up last again because of same and blow any chance of polling in which case all the hard work I put in to the previous three rounds will be in vain, only to be faced with similar situations when other invitations will be unlocked. Just not prepared to go through that at the moment and will wait until whatever bugs are fixed via patches hopefully to then continue.

Lars Rosenquist
08-10-2017, 17:57
I'd put this career on hold (maybe start another one for a different class, you can have multiple drivers at the same time) until there's a fix. Whether and how you can proceed depends on the fix I guess.

HoiHman
08-10-2017, 18:51
If SMS fails to deliver the custom championships again like in PCARS1 we can always hope the @crowtrobot comes up with a tool like he did for PCARS1 http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46373-Custom-Career-Tool-Custom-Career-Championships

Ferraristo
08-10-2017, 19:48
If SMS fails to deliver the custom championships again like in PCARS1 we can always hope the crowtrobot comes up with a tool like he did for PCARS1

Yep that tool was awesome. Lets hope that it is possible to make such a tool for PC2.

Holblood
09-10-2017, 10:59
This deff needs to come with a next patch! I want to drive in a championship that I like, with the tracks I like and the car classes I like.

seb02
10-10-2017, 13:44
Add me to the list of those that want them.
Just like weather slots
It would be awesome to create a playlist/ tracks/ number of AI (for Xbox make it less the 16 avoid bug)/ weather. Instead of having to do single ones in quick play

yes, i agree

breyzipp
10-10-2017, 15:09

I hope not all snow races are removed. The final race of Ginetta Junior at Brands Hatch has some light snowfall that didn’t even stick to the track. I thought that was a really cool preview of snow in the game (it was also the first race I saw some snow in career).

Semor76
11-10-2017, 14:26
Hi together

The title says all. Why did PC2 didn´t have such a feature? I mean,all other Race SIMS like AC,Raceroom,Automobilista and rF2 offers the posibility for the user to generate an offline championship/career and recreate a 90´s DTM series or an vintage GrandPrix season for example. This is common standard in Race Sims today,why not here in Project Cars?

greez

DreamsKnight
11-10-2017, 14:49
"we have rally cross and snow. we have more, we are better."

do not expect a different answer. ;)

Lilfurbal
11-10-2017, 16:08
It does surprise me this game doesn't have custom offline championships. With so many tracks, cars and conditions they could create some awesome championships. Even Forza Horizon 3 lets you make custom championships, as does the likes of F1 2017 despite having much less flexibility to differentiate itself from career mode, Dirt 4 also allows it. PC2 has more features than also those games, so you'd be able to make really interesting championships. Except we currently can't make any championship.

I really hope this changes, this would be the #1 feature I'd want added. Please add it :)

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 16:24
Dunno if anyone has noticed (I can't be the only one), but last night I was playing, and one of the little lines of text that comes up during the loading screens mentioned something about online championships, and how they allow you to compete with friends, can have up to 24 rounds, etc. So the intent is obviously there to add them for online.

The question is, will we get them for offline use as well? Or, will we at least be able to fill the online championship grids with AI?

m355y
11-10-2017, 19:47
I just really want the option to select my own AI cars. It would make the game that crucial bit more satisfying. I want to be able to remove all the RWDs and Mareks that make up the LMP grids. Much as they served a purpose in the original game, we have more than enough real cars now to not need them. Audis and Toyotas instead please!! I think the 919 is on its way too?

That's probably about all I'd do - manually make it a bit more authentic.

jamespoly86
12-10-2017, 16:19
In F1 2017 you have freedom to create an offline championship. In Project Cars 2 no. Why??? :mad: This could be increase the lenght of the offline single player mode.

MisterBronze
12-10-2017, 16:41
So far I have not read anything to indicate it won't happen so maybe that's a good thing? As to how long it may take to get it.... hope its not PC3 :(

Zotoss
14-10-2017, 08:06
Hi SMS,

First of all thank you for gave us such a great game and please keep supporting it.
Going to the topic, I know it might have been asked already in the past. I also read some replies about PC2 being focused on eSports approach, but please give to everyone who prefers to play offline (for many reasons) the possibility to fully enjoy and benefit this game, introducing Offline Custom Championships.

The game structure is there already, with all the available options in the Quick Play, and will be just quite straightforward to add a similar section for the offline championships.

SMS, please consider this request, thanks.

Wari
14-10-2017, 09:27
Also the second game doesn't appear to have an A.I. replacement driver. Whereas the first game allowed me to activate my A.I. and just watch the races. Is it missing? Or am I not seeing the options?

McKiernan
14-10-2017, 11:56
Also the second game doesn't appear to have an A.I. replacement driver. Whereas the first game allowed me to activate my A.I. and just watch the races. Is it missing? Or am I not seeing the options?
It does, the option is in the ICM (In Car Management) menu.

Mike1304
14-10-2017, 12:00
Hi SMS,

First of all thank you for gave us such a great game and please keep supporting it.
Going to the topic, I know it might have been asked already in the past. I also read some replies about PC2 being focused on eSports approach, but please give to everyone who prefers to play offline (for many reasons) the possibility to fully enjoy and benefit this game, introducing Offline Custom Championships.

The game structure is there already, with all the available options in the Quick Play, and will be just quite straightforward to add a similar section for the offline championships.

SMS, please consider this request, thanks.

Yes, I would like to have this too!

Mattze
08-12-2017, 15:16
Hi there,

you all know that custom online championships have been added to the game since the last patch. Also Yorkie's latest video on online championships (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I83mq0PWDbA) was released today. There are a huge number of options for the configuration of championships, for example the driver roster. It's great that SMS expands the game with such features for free after release. Unfortunately, I rarely use the multiplayer, so for me this feature would also be desirable offline against the AI. Since offline championships were one of the most requested features in the development phase, I don't think I'm the only one with that desire.

Okay, now someone might say "There is the career mode for offline racing", but the career isn't very satisfactory to me. The championships and races, especially in the lower tiers, are far too short even at 100% and full season (apart from RX). Also the grids aren't chosen very realistically. In some classes, there are cars that have never competed against each other, which breaks up the immersion. So, I miss some liberties that are provided by the new online championship mode. Furthermore, a custom offline championship could increase the long-term motivation for playing PCars 2. All in all, I personally think that it's an important feature for the game.

Nevertheless, if offline championships are really coming, there may be still room for improvements. For example, there should be an option for a double race format (or even triple races such as in the BTCC). Multiple practice sessions, and eventually qualifiying sessions too, would also be desirable for both online and offline championships.

If you agree with me, feel free to bring your own ideas for custom offline championships and discuss.

SpinnPaget
08-12-2017, 18:36
I love this idea! It's a great way to start "crawling" towards adding an economic-sim aspect to the game as well (which is probably so big a fully-featured build would have to come in pCars3.)

Same as you, I rarely play multiplayer - my schedule is too varied to commit to an online league. But being able to build a full F1, Indy, etc series to run at home would be awesome :D

snipeme77
08-12-2017, 19:00
I just want working Oval racing with yellow flags and competitive AI... A Project Team Owner economic-sim would be a cool spin off game though

seb02
08-12-2017, 19:33
Hi there,

you all know that custom online championships have been added to the game since the last patch. Also Yorkie's latest video on online championships (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I83mq0PWDbA) was released today. There are a huge number of options for the configuration of championships, for example the driver roster. It's great that SMS expands the game with such features for free after release. Unfortunately, I rarely use the multiplayer, so for me this feature would also be desirable offline against the AI. Since offline championships were one of the most requested features in the development phase, I don't think I'm the only one with that desire.

Okay, now someone might say "There is the career mode for offline racing", but the career isn't very satisfactory to me. The championships and races, especially in the lower tiers, are far too short even at 100% and full season (apart from RX). Also the grids aren't chosen very realistically. In some classes, there are cars that have never competed against each other, which breaks up the immersion. So, I miss some liberties that are provided by the new online championship mode. Furthermore, a custom offline championship could increase the long-term motivation for playing PCars 2. All in all, I personally think that it's an important feature for the game.

Nevertheless, if offline championships are really coming, there may be still room for improvements. For example, there should be an option for a double race format (or even triple races such as in the BTCC). Multiple practice sessions, and eventually qualifiying sessions too, would also be desirable for both online and offline championships.

If you agree with me, feel free to bring your own ideas for custom offline championships and discuss.

I agree with you. I would like the offline custom championship to come on PC2. That would be great.
But if unfortunately, the offline custom championship does not come on PC2, I would like the SMS team to study the following opportunity:
- Create a Stockcar event with a maximum race time of 2h with a championship of 8 races: 2 Daytona races (day / night), 2 oval Texas races (day / night), 2 oval Indianapolis races (day / night) ), Sonoma and Watkins Glen.
- Create an event V8 supercars with a maximum race duration of 1h with a championship of 8 races: Ruapuna GP, Ruapuna Club, Bathurt, COTA, National Red Bull Ring, Zhuhai, Long Beach and Monaco.
- Create a Renault Megane V6 event, A GT1 event, a GTO event, a rally tarmac event with RX vehicles, with a championship of 8 races.

This would allow to use great cars that are not in the career mode.

There is also the possibility of adding the AI ​​in the online championship mode if we can use 15 AI or more

Keena
09-12-2017, 10:50
I personally think there's a lot of mileage for SMS to release dedicated titles covering specific championships in huge detail. But that's more of a wish than intelligent market analysis; )

peterCars
10-12-2017, 02:13
I'd like all this smoke, particularly since patch, 3.0 to spin round and round so fast around the rear axle to look like tyres on open wheelers. / sarcasm

ZIO77
11-12-2017, 11:44
any chance to add AI Drivers?

wadafaka
11-12-2017, 18:02

Understandable.. but unless I can play the career in coop with friends (racing for same team or even as rivals perhaps), I prefer CUSTOM championship over a beautifully crafted singleplayer experience. All I need is AI in the online championships now, and I will be so happy :)

cxMilk
11-12-2017, 23:31
I remember responding to this quote when it was originally posted - that custom championships should be viewed as a way to further augment the single player experience, not as a replacement. Career players are still going to play career. I get devs are proud of their work and want to ensure players reap the fruits of their toils, but holding back a way to enhance the single player experience, not to mention immense replayability, is confusing to me.

I've been enjoying the races offered in career mode, however I haven't enjoyed the mode itself. I really liked how pCars1 handled career mode with the idea of contracts, seasons etc. It wasn't perfect, but it gave me more of a career feeling. pCars2's career mode is designed more around menus and feels reminiscent of how Forza's career mode slowly evolved into just a bunch of random menuing. Everything feels detached from everything else.

I still enjoy career mode as I typically enjoy career modes in general, but the level of excitement doesn't seem to be there this time around. And it saddens me when I think of it in regards to the above quote. I'm still hopeful that post-patch love for us singleplayers may come down the line though, be it an actual offline mode or just AI in the online mode. It's still early in pCars2 lifespan.

jamespoly86
12-12-2017, 10:47
Also I want a custom championship offline. It would be great to create a custom championship with my favourite circuits.
I don't know if it is possible for the random pilots in the custom race...

ZIO77
20-12-2017, 13:52
any chance to add AI Drivers?

Nothing?

it's an important feature! A lot of Players want this!

seb02
20-12-2017, 14:15
Nothing?

it's an important feature! A lot of Players want this!

Agree; I wish the AI ​​to be added to the online championship mode. I would like to create championships that are not in career mode like NASCAR, V8 supercars, GTO, RX on circuits .... and more.

Black_Knight615
20-12-2017, 14:20
Since they already added it for online, there is no reason we can't have an offline version as well. As hard as it is to wait, I have a feeling we will see it soon in a future update. That is unless SMS decides to ignore its offline players. Which I don't feel like they would do.

Lilfurbal
20-12-2017, 15:38
Offline custom championships is the most important feature to me to have implemented. For all the racing games I do own you can create custom championships, from dirt rally, dirt 4, f1 2016/2017, also forza horizon 3. It's just pc1 and pc2 that for some reason lack this feature which is odd considering all the other tools this game offers for creating the perfect custom race, but custom one off races don't interest me beyond just a quick test. There's cars I'd like to do championships with that don't have a dedicated discipline in career, there's cars in career I'd like to race with different conditions on different tracks.

Also this would pair perfectly with the new DLC, create your own championship with the new RX tracks and cars. However they do need to make it so that you can do the full RX race weekend format in custom mode, not just the final. Career mode gets this down, as well does dirt rally and dirt 4. So add better RX race support for custom races, and add the custom offline championships. I'd have so much fun then :)

Irishnewblood
09-01-2018, 15:53
Legit can't see it happening,this talk has been going on for years now and they still haven't implemented it.Don't get me wrong,great game,but I wouldn't hold my breath.....Has been my most wanted feature since PC1.

Kitt
09-01-2018, 17:19
Mr Bell commented on another forum [can't remember which one] that no form of custom championship will be coming for PC2, maybe number 3 hopefully

HoiHman
09-01-2018, 17:33
The lack of off-line custom championships is why only play Pcars2 occasionally. The careermode doesn't work for me at all. I don't like night races or races in snow ect ect. In night races the performance in VR is still very poor and i don't like to sacrifice image quality a lot for being able the race the mandatory carreer night racers.

Fight-Test
09-01-2018, 18:38
Is the online championship with AI coming as it was originally planned?

m355y
09-01-2018, 18:42
Mr Bell commented on another forum [can't remember which one] that no form of custom championship will be coming for PC2, maybe number 3 hopefully

That's disappointing if true, considering this entire discussion is Groundhog Day from PC1.

People really want this, and lots of them.

gormanio
09-01-2018, 22:17
i would be super happy if they had custom championships without the career mode, we can make all our own races. random weather, change tracks every season etc. it would make it the best racer ever. plus we could avoid bugs on certain tracks as well.

Ossnott
10-01-2018, 02:45
The lack of custom championships is the #1 reason that I still play other racing games.
And probably the reason I will abandon PC2 in the long run.. .

Both Raceroom, AMS, Assetto Corsa and even Dirt Rally added this feature!!.

I don't find the Career appealing, I want to tailor the cars and tracks I want to race on. And just doing random races against the AI is boring.. .
I'm racing a lot in MP and having a good time, but it's not that crowded anymore, and pretty hard to find, or getting people to join servers with combos I like to race!..
Almost every server is GT3, Formula X or LMP.. .

DinoM
10-01-2018, 08:27

Thank you!

I do not think this is a good idea. For the time being ...
Not good enough for AI. It is full of game mistakes and shortcomings. Maybe in PC3. PC2 is essentially not yet complete.
It should be decided that the simulator should be strengthened or playfully played. Like the first part, the second part was overwhelmed by the SMS itself. In my opinion, it is primarily a game where all functions work satisfactorily.

seb02
10-01-2018, 10:24
That's disappointing if true, considering this entire discussion is Groundhog Day from PC1.

Agree with that

Ixoye56
10-01-2018, 12:15
Custom championship is the only thing that can keep me interested of the game in the long run, I wish they had implement Offline Custom Championship instead of Career Mode.

MisterBronze
10-01-2018, 13:02
I'm patiently waiting and hoping for this. AI in Patch 4 sounds like it is progressing nicely so I think good races could be had. I've had some good races already so it is not major terrible now.

I have to admit I recently bought some RaceRoom content specifically for the Custom Offline Championship and have been having a blast. Obviously there is plenty functions that it doesn't have compared to PC2 but the racing and championship configuration took me by surprise on how good it is.

Would be nice to get a hint of whether this is even on a roadmap/wishlist for PC2 even if it might not turn up for several months

Kitt
10-01-2018, 13:23

Why would I lie?, Ill try find the post, sure it was on GTPlanet forum but it clearly stated that there would be no off line custom championship or AI added to the online championship for PC2 but maybe come for PC3

Fight-Test
10-01-2018, 13:58
Why would I lie?, Ill try find the post, sure it was on PRC forum but it clearly stated that there would be no off line custom championship or AI added to the online championship for PC2 but maybe come for PC3

that would suck because it was stated many times that we would have AI in online championship. They even went into detail about the multiclass in it and selecting AI to race against. I do remember them saying they had no plans for a offline championship but most were thinking you could do a online championship with AI and not invite anyone else so you have to be online but you can play against the ai. I know some games make you atleast have one other human in the league for it to allow it to start like EA sports games. I think that would be a fix for most everyone but those with not regular internet.

Gav88888
10-01-2018, 15:47
That does suck.... The fill with AI option for online championships is a feature I really wanted since we have no offline championship, but I can't really understand why we can't have it though, if you can have a full grid with real drivers what's the difference if some are AI to make up the numbers, especially when you can do this already in normal online races and career mode races??

For me having custom careers or championships is what keeps this game playable in the long term when you don't want to play online against people.

seb02
11-01-2018, 09:54
that would suck because it was stated many times that we would have AI in online championship. They even went into detail about the multiclass in it and selecting AI to race against. I do remember them saying they had no plans for a offline championship but most were thinking you could do a online championship with AI and not invite anyone else so you have to be online but you can play against the ai. I know some games make you atleast have one other human in the league for it to allow it to start like EA sports games. I think that would be a fix for most everyone but those with not regular internet.

it's a disappointment if it were confirmed. This is a request from Projet Cars 1 and one of the most requested features and still not on Project cars 2.
Is it so complicated to cumulate a dozen custom races and assign points? The career is correct but many cars do not have championships: Nascar, V8 supercars, GTO, GT1 .... And I add that I do not like at all regional championships of 3 or 4 races (Asia Championship ...) followed by an international championship of 4 or 5 races. I prefer a single championship of 8 or 10 races as for Formula A, Formula X .... Moreover, we can not change the time, day, weather, circuit ... in career mode.
In short, all this to say, an offline custom championship is better than a career mode in my opinion.
I hope that GTR3 planned this year will have this feature.

Gav88888
11-01-2018, 10:15
Agree 100%, remove career mode and give us custom career mode or custom offline championships :)

IsaacAsimov2670
11-01-2018, 16:15
Kinda on topic...but only ref MP. Maybe this has been mentioned before but does anyone remember the custom championships from Grid or Shift... can’t remember which title it was...or were they a figment of my 420 imagination...??? From memory they were awesome. My question would be if it was done perfectly on those old systems then what would be the reasoning behind the difficulty offering same with the improved hardware? For record they were MP lobbies, but not scheduled.. you just set one up, choose the cars, rounds, tracks then wait for every one to come in, lobbies filled pretty quick as they were immense fun.....or was it the 420?

Richie Padalino
12-01-2018, 08:02
So, what's the explanation for no Custom Offline Championship? When it's such an obvious feature/part of the game that should have been included.

All the parts are already there in career and custom race, surely?

Anybody know why they decided to leave it out?

bobgum
12-01-2018, 10:29
So, what's the explanation for no Custom Offline Championship? When it's such an obvious feature/part of the game that should have been included.

Ian Bell himself said on gtplanet that custom championship maybe in.....PC3......

Kitt
12-01-2018, 15:26

My guess would be they left it out to hook people into buying the next game, PC2 had live track PC3 will have custom championships, "don't put all your eggs into one basket" so to speak....or they just ran out of time *shrug*

Purg
13-01-2018, 01:32
it's a disappointment if it were confirmed. This is a request from Projet Cars 1 and one of the most requested features and still not on Project cars 2.

It definitely would be a shame. Live Track 3.0 is what separates PC2 from the rest of the sims I (used to) play but after a couple of recent updates on those other sims that have Custom Championships built in, I'm feeling drawn back to them. Racing what I want, where, for a purpose is what ultimately gives a sim legs for me.

It's the one lacking option that's stopping me from deleting every other sim I own from my hdd.

seb02
13-01-2018, 07:40
First, I want to say that PC2 is a good game and this post is not there to denigrate the work done. I had good moments, despite some flaws:
-Correct graphics on PS4 but the visual of PC1 was better in my opinion
-Endurance Championship with 22 cars, it's too little to really appreciate this category
-Lack of some cars: modern TCR, V8 supercars ... and some urban circuits or short track oval.

These are flaws that are not insurmountable for me. Especially since I enjoyed the work done on the gameplay with a controller and the introduction of stable original Setup.

What drives me to sell the game is the lack of custom offline championship or even the ability to complete the online championship with the AI. I did the career mode on the categories that interested me and even several times for some. For me, as an offline player, I went around the game. A race that does not fit in a championship has no interest for me and my schedule does not allow me to include a group online.

So now, the lack of the ability to create your own championship with the AI ​​for categories of cars that are not included in the career mode makes the game is over for me.

I hope the next Project cars will have this feature. I will be able to give a chance to Dirt, F1 2017, GT Sport and Assetto Corsa, waiting for GTR3

Bealdor
13-01-2018, 07:59
Threads merged

slash1903
30-01-2018, 16:42
Hi all,

after studying all the posts in the forum concerning this topic: Can it be assumed that "Fill with AI" or something similar will not make it into PC2 with a high probability? Has someone found some statement in this forum like Mr. Bell gave in this GTforum? Or is it still a mystery if this option is going to be added or not, i.e. no one knows? Sorry to warm up this topic again but I am a little bit confused :o

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Catarino
30-01-2018, 19:47
Its such a huge shame we dont have custom championships on PC2 from the beggining!And what its worse,it seems that we wont have it at all!As much as the Career is fun (it is) it's not nearly enough,because it doesnt recreate 100% accurately most of races/championships.

Take the WEC races as an example (24h Le Mans,6h Silverstone,etc etc)
As much as i think the Marek and the RWD lmp1 and lmp2 are cool,i DONT WANT at all to race against them without having a SINGLE Audi R18 or Toyota TS040 in the field! I just recently did a race with lmp1,lmp2 and gte at Le Mans and it was so disapointing to see that EVERY SINGLE lmp1 was either a Marek or a RWD!Do the dev's know how much this breakes immersion?One thing is to race them in career mode;sure,that's nice.But if i want to recreate the real race/championship,i really dont want those cars in the field because they dont exist in real life!C'mon man!

Another thing is the liveries.I get that many people (including myself) like to race with different liveries other than the official ones.I get that.But,racing the Ford GT LM,the Ferrari 488 GTE,the Corvette,etc at the WEC i dont want to race anything other than the official liveries (like Chip Ganassi,Gulf racing...).sure,GTE-AM have other ones but its strange to see 3 white/blue corvettes instead of yellow isnt it?

So,how to solve this?Custom Championships,obviously!

Sorry to bring the competition to this forum,but i have to say,Assetto Corsa nails this! You can set up a championship with how many races you want,individually choosing your opponents,choose the liveries for every one,and even the drivers names!How great is it to set up a 1986 f1 championship and race against a Lotus 98t with the black and gold Lotus liverie and that drivers name is Ayrton Senna?

Justice to be done,Project Cars 2 is an amazing experience.But lacking a custom championship just like the one Assetto Corsa offers is a tremendous let down.The game would win so much if this was addedd!

Gav88888
31-01-2018, 10:26
Been playing a lot of AC at the moment, mainly testing VR on my low end PC before spending big bucks on one, but its really nice being able to have custom championships, been using it a lot.

sas5320
31-01-2018, 16:15
If custom fields cars/liveries is that much important, you should consider investing to play on pc. Already the pc guys using the excellent Custom Grid mod can do what you describe. But gpu prices are 2x too high due to shortages due to high demand from bitcoin mining. Taiwan needs to hurry up and pump out more cards.

And SMS can here us about this but Ian has said it will be something to consider for pc3, not for this game.

Stewy32
31-01-2018, 16:30
Maybe for PRO/AM have the ability to set each liveries difficulty so you could create a difference between them.Also,players could do their own BOP this way.