PDA

View Full Version : Assetto Corsa in-game pit menu

Javaniceday
25-04-2017, 21:01
Devs.... have you guys seen how Assetto Corsa now does pit stops? The update is quite new, and they've nailed it. This is exactly how pit menus while out on track should work. Please copy it. Its great. It's similar to the way codemasters does it, but way more intuitive.

The way it currently works is, you press the arrow keys/d-pad on wheels or controllers, that brings up the menu, and you use the dpad/arrow keys to navigate. up and down for different categories, left and right to change- in the fuel, left and right to add or substract, Tires, left and right for different compounds, and so on.

A way to improve it would be that one button is mapped to bring up the menu, so you can have the d-pad do different things depending on whether the pit menu is up or not.

RacingAtHome
25-04-2017, 21:15
Devs.... have you guys seen how Assetto Corsa now does pit stops? The update is quite new, and they've nailed it. This is exactly how pit menus while out on track should work. Please copy it. Its great. It's similar to the way codemasters does it, but way more intuitive.

The way it currently works is, you press the arrow keys/d-pad on wheels or controllers, that brings up the menu, and you use the dpad/arrow keys to navigate. up and down for different categories, left and right to change- in the fuel, left and right to add or substract, Tires, left and right for different compounds, and so on.

A way to improve it would be that one button is mapped to bring up the menu, so you can have the d-pad do different things depending on whether the pit menu is up or not.

Ah. The same way that Rfactor and the Codemasters games are doing now? And The_American said about here? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/page-49#post-11792497
And his previous post here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/page-49#post-11792397

Javaniceday
25-04-2017, 21:21
Ah. The same way that Rfactor and the Codemasters games are doing now? And The_American said about here? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/page-49#post-11792497
And his previous post here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/q-a-with-ianbell-read-op-process-of-updating.353715/page-49#post-11792397

Very cool. I hope TheAmerican is right. Codemasters is a bit different though. you touch the dpad, that bring up a menu, then you select right for tires, up for engine settings, etc, etc. AC is you touch the menu button, and right away you're in the pitmenu.

Well, I hope they do. Sounds like pCARS2 is in great hands.

Leper Messiah
08-05-2017, 14:25
one caveat to this....I used the hat on my CSR to look around in AC (via Joy2key) and now this update has slightkly borked all that. ACs control customisation is so limited, I love that game but so wish I could set things up the way I want like in EVERY OTHER damn sim on the market!! <rant over> ;)

bradleyland
08-05-2017, 15:52
one caveat to this....I used the hat on my CSR to look around in AC (via Joy2key) and now this update has slightkly borked all that. ACs control customisation is so limited, I love that game but so wish I could set things up the way I want like in EVERY OTHER damn sim on the market!! <rant over> ;)

A recent post on the AC forums indicates that button mapping is coming, at least to the console versions. I don't know if that resolves your issue on PC, but it may be a sign of things to come.

konnos
08-05-2017, 16:26
I can't seriously imagine a reason why they haven't done D pad functionality so far.

RomKnight
08-05-2017, 16:31
It's a sim and you're not supposed to use a game pad...

Oh.. wait ... :D :D :D

Leper Messiah
08-05-2017, 18:35
A recent post on the AC forums indicates that button mapping is coming, at least to the console versions. I don't know if that resolves your issue on PC, but it may be a sign of things to come.

I just want the full customisation options that I get with PCARS, AMS, RF2, R3E etc etc....AC is really sub par in that department. Hopefully PC will get it too.