PDA

View Full Version : Will my Fanatec CSR work on PS4 with PCars 2?

mcbrew
26-04-2017, 15:20
I have a fanatec CSR wheel (an oldy but it works fine). pcars 1 is the only game that supports it on PS4. My question is, will it work on pcars 2?

Mahjik
26-04-2017, 16:38
That won't be up to SMS, that will be up to Sony.

bradleyland
27-04-2017, 16:54
It is exceedingly unlikely.

Sony is now dictating which devices can be supported in new titles through their controller/hardware licensing program. This is, unfortunately, a complete reversal of their historical stance, wherein they left wheel support up to the individual publishers.

All indications are that Fanatec is working on a new, officially licensed product for the PS4. They have already released the CSL Elite, which is compatible with the XB1. There is no clear information on why the XB1 device has been released, but nothing for the PS4. All we can guess is politics. The reversal of policy caught Fanatec flat-footed, and we can imagine created some tension between the companies.

In any case, Sony's current policies would prohibit SMS from supporting your wheel.

Sankyo
29-04-2017, 17:09
You can be sure that SMS will not be allowed to support anything but licensed hardware in pCARS2. So your CSR will not work with it natively, maybe it will work via CronusMax.

Braveheart2009
30-04-2017, 17:59
So means this, that my Fantatec Porsche GT3 V2 will also not works with pCARS2?

dault3883
30-04-2017, 21:36
It is exceedingly unlikely.

Sony is now dictating which devices can be supported in new titles through their controller/hardware licensing program. This is, unfortunately, a complete reversal of their historical stance, wherein they left wheel support up to the individual publishers.

All indications are that Fanatec is working on a new, officially licensed product for the PS4. They have already released the CSL Elite, which is compatible with the XB1. There is no clear information on why the XB1 device has been released, but nothing for the PS4. All we can guess is politics. The reversal of policy caught Fanatec flat-footed, and we can imagine created some tension between the companies.

In any case, Sony's current policies would prohibit SMS from supporting your wheel.

You can be sure that SMS will not be allowed to support anything but licensed hardware in pCARS2. So your CSR will not work with it natively, maybe it will work via CronusMax.

will this affect pc Pcars 2 or only be a problem for ps4 version?

Mahjik
30-04-2017, 23:12
will this affect pc Pcars 2 or only be a problem for ps4 version?

PS4 only.

dault3883
30-04-2017, 23:23
PS4 only.

o thank goodness sucks for you ps4 guys

hkraft300
30-04-2017, 23:38
Pcars2 won’t be released until there is a deal reached with Fanatec and Sony. Fanatec will most likely go the Logitech route and make you purchase a PS4 version of their product. I just wish SMS would release update 11 for PS4 before the release of Pcars2 and fix the broken Silverstone Classic and Nurburgring Combined tracks we paid for. Those who have Fanatec hardware can choose not to download the update or use CronusMax as earlier suggested. I am seriously considering not buying Pcars2 until Pcars is patched to work as well as the PC version or give a discount for PS4 disk version of Pcars2 to compensate for the incomplete game we now have because of the bias given to non supported hardware versus those who played by the rules and purchased supported hardware.

Why would pc2 not be released because of Sony's pissing contest? What's your source, or at least, the logic behind this?

How much did you pay for the 2 dlc tracks: nur combined works online. Silverstone classic doesn't, but works offline. So, $0.50?

Fanatec was a supported wheel. Those that spent their hard-earned on Fanatec gear on PS4 "played by the same rules" as you. Recently, Sony changed their tune. It's not Fanatec, Fanatec users or SMS' fault.

I'm fully in support of SMS decision to not update pcars and keep Fanatec support.

Ekay.jay
01-05-2017, 04:02
You can still have fanatec support with Pcars 2 if fanatec doesn't come out with a ps4 wheel by the. I just got my Cronusmax pro working today with my ps4. I'm now able to play assetto corsa with my Fanatec v2, v3 pedals, and th8a shifter. All force feedback and buttons work, couldn't be happier!

Silraed
01-05-2017, 14:38
Fanatec will most likely go the Logitech route and make you purchase a PS4 version of their product..

Let's put the blame in the right part of the court here. It wouldn't be Fanatec making you buy a wheel specifically compatible with the PS4, it would be Sony making Fanatec release a PS4 licensed wheel (for you to buy or not buy, they are not making you do anything) after refusing to play ball with a licensed hub like Fanatec use for the XBone.

Leper Messiah
01-05-2017, 14:42
This is almost as bad as the stupid licensing issue with sims and cars/tracks (when they get not only FREE advertising but some cash to boot, greedy sods). I bought a CSR because it worked not only on my PC but XB360 for Forza 3 and PS3 for GT5, do these spud wits think people are made of money to buy 3 wheels? Bottom line is they've shot themselves in the foot because there's no way in hell I'm getting a XBONE and PS4, especially since PCARS and AC have got the quality graphics and the proper simulation of older PC games.

Mahjik
01-05-2017, 15:13
Not directed at anyone...

Well, the way to battle back against Sony is to not buy their hardware. Move to XB1 or PC. i.e. fight with your money. If not, deal with whatever Sony requires and move on.

hkraft300
01-05-2017, 16:14

Well, the way to battle back against Sony is to not buy their hardware. Move to XB1 or PC. i.e. fight with your money. If not, deal with whatever Sony requires and move on.

Agree. Still hurts small fish like Fanatec.

bradleyland
02-05-2017, 03:46
This is almost as bad as the stupid licensing issue with sims and cars/tracks (when they get not only FREE advertising but some cash to boot, greedy sods). I bought a CSR because it worked not only on my PC but XB360 for Forza 3 and PS3 for GT5, do these spud wits think people are made of money to buy 3 wheels? Bottom line is they've shot themselves in the foot because there's no way in hell I'm getting a XBONE and PS4, especially since PCARS and AC have got the quality graphics and the proper simulation of older PC games.

They don't want you to buy three wheels, they want to lock you in to their platform ;)

(I hate this strategy, but it's true)

bradleyland
02-05-2017, 03:50

Well, to be fair, you'd only be giving your money to Microsoft, who also requires that you use "licensed" hardware. There really is no escape.

What sucks about the Sony situation is that they allowed it for so long, only to change direction.

Mahjik
02-05-2017, 03:58
Well, to be fair, you'd only be giving your money to Microsoft, who also requires that you use "licensed" hardware. There really is no escape.

What sucks about the Sony situation is that they allowed it for so long, only to change direction.

They all (consoles) dictate the way hardware can be supported. However, at least M$ hasn't changed direction in the middle of a generation. At some point, people have to vote/support with their money for the lesser evil or it will just keep happening.

I will say, I doubt there are enough people wanting to use older Fanatec hardware on a PS4 to make a dent though..

Leper Messiah
02-05-2017, 07:56
They don't want you to buy three wheels, they want to lock you in to their platform ;)

(I hate this strategy, but it's true)

I know, but it had the opposite effect for me as this is the first generation of consoles I havn't bought since I started with the SNES and Megadrive. They can shove it up where the sun don't shine!

Python-Five
12-09-2017, 05:55
Been away for awhile because of real life interfering but when I bought the Fanatec CSW stuff, I already made up my mind to go PC. Even though I bought the PS4 just before that. I am renovating my house so the rig in in storage but I will get a copy of PC2 and it is not going to be for PS4 ;-) The rig was in the livingroom and it cannot return there. Have to make room elswhere and that is not easy when your house is full of other 'stuff'. I am a Mac guy so I still have to get a PC fit for PC2.

Trans-Girl
12-09-2017, 22:51

the new CSL Elite is compatible with all three platforms, albeit with a wheel swap for the Xbone

Ryzza5
13-09-2017, 04:02
Cronus Max device seems like the best solution. The force feedback actually works. Plus there's the added benefit of being able to use a Xbox gamepad with a PS4 console (or vice versa). Just requires a little bit of fluffing around with a USB hub and USB cables.

zr1chris
21-09-2017, 00:17
Anyone here with a previous gen wheel wanting to use it on current gen consoles needs to get the new Drivehub by Collective Minds ( same creators of the cronusmax.)

It works exactly as it should. Force Feedback works perfect. Simply plug and play. I have had mine a week or so and totally impressed. I've played Forza, Driveclub, and Project Cars 1 with it and it just works flawlessly.

My first post here so it's not going to let me leave a link.

Davi_sj
22-09-2017, 23:00
Hello guys, I've a CSR Wheel and it has been worked really good on Project Cars on PS4 so far.

I've just downloaded the new Project Car 2, but I'm facing difficulty on connecting the wheel.

Does any one know how to connect the CSR Wheel on the new Project Cars 2 on PS4 (and it is be possible)?

zr1chris
22-09-2017, 23:59
Hello guys, I've a CSR Wheel and it has been worked really good on Project Cars on PS4 so far.

I've just downloaded the new Project Car 2, but I'm facing difficulty on connecting the wheel.

Does any one know how to connect the CSR Wheel on the new Project Cars 2 on PS4 (and it is be possible)?

Like I said on the post before yours. The Drivehub will allow your CSR to work on the PS4 with PCars or almost any other racing game for that matter.