PDA

View Full Version : Getting edTracker (non-magnetometer) to recentre in-game

FunkyGibber
27-04-2017, 14:00
Hi,

I have the non-magnetometer version of EdTracker (the DIY 6050 version) which works flawlessly in Elite Dangerous. By checking 'Run as Administrator' in the ED property window, I can press F1 whilst in Elite Dangerous and it'll correct any drift, and recentre the view with the EdTracker GUI running in the background. But I can't get this to work in Project Cars. I've not seen this problem documented at all on the internet, but I'm sure I can't be the only person with this issue.

Does anyone have a solution? At the moment I'm having to alt-tab out of the game to the EdTracker GUI and press F1, then alt-tab back into the game which isn't ideal.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

BullWinkle
27-04-2017, 14:18
Have you mapped a key for re-center VR headset? (Under controller section, edit assignments).
Also I think you need to have Shared memory on. Under Visuals>Hardware.
You might have to map/try another key instead of F1 (possible key mapping conflict). Try mapping F11 or F12 instead of F1.

Roger Prynne
27-04-2017, 15:12
F12 is no good is it? I think Steam uses that for SShots

poirqc
27-04-2017, 15:12
Have you mapped a key for re-center VR headset? (Under controller section, edit assignments).
Also I think you need to have Shared memory on. Under Visuals>Hardware.
You might have to map/try another key instead of F1 (possible key mapping conflict). Try mapping F11 or F12 instead of F1.

F12 is screenshot in Steam, by default. Maybe you're better off with something else.

Edit ninja'd

BullWinkle
27-04-2017, 21:52
Your right gentlemen.:p Forgot about Steam's default screenshot key. Been sometime since I've used Steam for screenshots.:o
Actually, think I have it disabled in Steam.

Mad Al
27-04-2017, 23:55
F12 is no good is it? I think Steam uses that for SShots

Not if it's mapped to Alt-F5....