PDA

View Full Version : Corvette

Chimildo
30-04-2017, 14:25
Hi, I used the corvette GT3 quite a bit since I got the DLC it would be my preferred car for online racing, when I seen the community event around Laguna seca I thought can't wait to have a go at that, but when I did the corvette just didn't feel right and I thought they maybe had fixed setup. But later went online joined a GT3 choose the corvette but couldn't get round the track, tried a couple different lobbies on different occasions and it just doesn't feel the same, so was wondering if they have altered it somehow? I didn't think they would have since there hasn't been any updates for a good while.

hkraft300
30-04-2017, 23:49
Not sure if there has/hasn't been updates on xb1.
"Doesn't feel the same" is very vague. Being more specific helps diagnose the issue.
There's an awful lot of things that cause that in this game: from global ffb settings, to in-car ffb settings, car tuning, track rubbering and weather conditions. Hundreds of parameters that can affect the "feel".

Chimildo
01-05-2017, 11:51
Had a few GT3 races last night and it was back to normal, so I don't know what the problem was, maybe standard setups, I don't know

DECATUR PLAYA
01-05-2017, 20:43
Had a few GT3 races last night and it was back to normal, so I don't know what the problem was, maybe standard setups, I don't know

Do you use assist? If so which ones.

Chimildo
02-05-2017, 05:59
No assists, does FFB get altered with default setups?

AbeWoz
03-05-2017, 13:22
i think if a lobby is a 'forced default setup' the car-specific FFB is also reverted back to default

Chimildo
03-05-2017, 17:22
Yeah that must have been the problem, I could not turn the car at all and ran off the track nearly every turn. But like I said played the other night and it was fine which I am happy about because I like it a lot. But I was thinking the other night that I should really try some of the other GT3 cars, I seem to find a car I'm happy with then just stick with it. So my plan is to try the mclaren the Bentley and the Mercedes in the next couple of months

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 22:14
Try some cars outside the GT3 class.
Even the frookie is more fun to drive.

Chimildo
04-05-2017, 01:04
Try to choose cars not in GT3, I do like the rookie, not that keen on road cars, some of my favourite races have been in the ginetta GT4, love them, also like the LMPs. I love project cars for the range of RACE cars, there's so much content, I just seem to find a car I like and stick with it, but I do try other classes

hkraft300
04-05-2017, 01:45
Same.
Every car is so different.

Polarwolf
07-05-2017, 13:33
Same.
Every car is so different.

Had the same with a few cars in Time trial or the events, they feel really different at that forced 5 liter fuel load.

It's pretty funny at times, as I can manage a 3:38.8 in the R18 TDI 'round the Circuit de la Sarthe with the full race-load of 60 Litres, but I have trouble reaching that in the Time Trial and am often 2 seconds slower.
Something makes them behave weirdly different at that fuel load setting in Time trial/community Events.
Also had that with the Marek LMP1 Car in Silverstone GP event, where a setup worked perfectly with a full tank, but on the 5L load in Community Event mode, suddenly the Tail went loose on every braking, until I dialed the brake balance more towards the rear.
Behaviour was really strange, like you had the rear lock up and be slammed forward as if the fuel in the tank went forward and hit the front wall.
And I've driven the same car in Training Mode before, to get the setup right, and no behaviour like this.

Also on some tracks the cut track setting is insane, like on the recent Children's Week at Chesterfield, touch the white line or the curbs on the inside of a left hander there and you get a cut track.
But if it's a righter hander, who cares, you can go over the line with half your Kart and still be fine.

So far that cost me roughly 0.6 of a second, reached 30.095 in Training but now it's 30.684 in community mode.

hkraft300
07-05-2017, 14:43
The 5L fuel restriction doesn't work in TT: you get what ever race fuel load you have saved for that car on that track.
Ambient and track temperature are different in TT. Also the track is only 80% rubbered.
It could be that the rear brakes on the tdi are warmer and more effective in the tt conditions than what you have set in FP, so the rear brakes lock willingly?
I found the tdi unsafe below 60% bias.

Polarwolf
07-05-2017, 18:43
The 5L fuel restriction doesn't work in TT: you get what ever race fuel load you have saved for that car on that track.
Ambient and track temperature are different in TT. Also the track is only 80% rubbered.
It could be that the rear brakes on the tdi are warmer and more effective in the tt conditions than what you have set in FP, so the rear brakes lock willingly?
I found the tdi unsafe below 60% bias.
Wasn't the TDI it was the Problem in, It was the Marek LMP1.....and yeah it was at 54% and it was a mess.

Thanks for the Info on the TT fuel load, as it would explain a few of the problems, and it would explain why I'm sometimes struggling.

Strange though as it shows you 5.0L and you're supposed to have only that.
Though isn't training mode afaik the worst one as far as being rubbered in?

Still stand by my issues with the cut track detection on Chesterfield Event though, reviewed my last incident via replay and it wasn't even off track....I was inside the lines.....didn't even hint the curbing on the second turn into the triple chicane.
Speed difference is now down to 0.1 seconds, aka 30.194 seconds right now.
Correction hammered it down to 30.028 now! ;)

hkraft300
07-05-2017, 22:39
Wasn't the TDI it was the Problem in, It was the Marek LMP1.....and yeah it was at 54% and it was a mess.

Thanks for the Info on the TT fuel load, as it would explain a few of the problems, and it would explain why I'm sometimes struggling.

Strange though as it shows you 5.0L and you're supposed to have only that.
Though isn't training mode afaik the worst one as far as being rubbered in?

Ye the Marek won't like 54%. 57-60% depending on setup and driving style.
FP gets fresh track. But if the conditions are warmer, and your tyres+brakes are at a better temp, you'll be quicker than in tt.

Polarwolf
08-05-2017, 20:06
Ye the Marek won't like 54%. 57-60% depending on setup and driving style.
FP gets fresh track. But if the conditions are warmer, and your tyres+brakes are at a better temp, you'll be quicker than in tt.

Makes sense, found out that I was a little quicker in TT with less fuel in FP.

As for your G29 settings, do they work with a G27 and Jack Spade's files?

hkraft300
09-05-2017, 00:01
Makes sense, found out that I was a little quicker in TT with less fuel in FP.

As for your G29 settings, do they work with a G27 and Jack Spade's files?

The hardware is basically the same so yes, I suppose.
So if you're using Jack's ffb you'll have to increase MS to 100 or whatever he recommends.

I don't use Spade's files, my in-car ffb is default, except MS is 40.
Basically my ffb I tweak just the relative adjust clamp and bleed for better behaviour for high forces without clipping, and increase master scale for more low force feel.

Still having a play with it. Check back some time if you like it for the clamp and bleed updates.