PDA

View Full Version : AI Behvior

PatrickRosa
07-05-2017, 16:41
Sorry for this annoying question, but as a fan of the game that will buy the PCars 2 and all DLCs, i feel free to ask....

This will be fixed in PCars 2???
:confused::confused::confused:

https://youtu.be/8BgtZTmiqis

https://youtu.be/8BgtZTmiqis

Roger Prynne
07-05-2017, 16:48
No we thought that we would leave it like that :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the AI is going to be so much better.

Leper Messiah
07-05-2017, 19:23
Hi Roger....just to add a few thoughts as I've plowed through the career recently. Has the new Ai got blue flag behaviour this time, got a bit narked when GT4s would try to block as I passed them in my LMP2. Also the Ai often did last second kamikaze overtakes as I tried to pass 2 cars (the middle car leaving it to the last second, more or less just as I was inches from passing). Although I'm not 100% sure if that was the ai trying to overtake the car in front or a last second block.

breyzipp
07-05-2017, 19:29
Hi Roger....just to add a few thoughts as I've plowed through the career recently. Has the new Ai got blue flag behaviour this time, got a bit narked when GT4s would try to block as I passed them in my LMP2. Also the Ai often did last second kamikaze overtakes as I tried to pass 2 cars (the middle car leaving it to the last second, more or less just as I was inches from passing). Although I'm not 100% sure if that was the ai trying to overtake the car in front or a last second block.

Yes I'm going through PC1 career at the moment as well. Tbh the AI in the game (on easy difficulty) is quite horrible. They zigzag in braking zones way too much, they overtake on the grass (as seen in the video above), they indeed don't go out of the way when lapped, if you let the AI driver take over during endurance races with changing weather conditions they pit like mad, and AI opponents don't seem to suffer from weather effects at all. I did a 3 lap race in Monza today on one of the classic Lotus formula cars where it started raining halfway the first lap. I pitted to go to rain tires but the AI was just staying on slicks driving faster on them in heavy rain weather and a soaking wet track compared to how I was driving on the full wets...

If AI in PC2 is going to be "much better" I would say it's also "much needed".

FS7
07-05-2017, 19:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BgtZTmiqis
Some might say that's the literal meaning of overtake, going over the grass and taking another driver's position.
Seriously though, I hope that's improved in PCars2, AI corner cutting is a serious issue in PCars1.

Mahjik
07-05-2017, 21:54
Gents, there will be more on the AI as things move during the summer. There are still a lot of things in flight at the moment.

Leper Messiah
08-05-2017, 12:29
Yes I'm going through PC1 career at the moment as well. Tbh the AI in the game (on easy difficulty) is quite horrible. They zigzag in braking zones way too much, they overtake on the grass (as seen in the video above), they indeed don't go out of the way when lapped, if you let the AI driver take over during endurance races with changing weather conditions they pit like mad, and AI opponents don't seem to suffer from weather effects at all. I did a 3 lap race in Monza today on one of the classic Lotus formula cars where it started raining halfway the first lap. I pitted to go to rain tires but the AI was just staying on slicks driving faster on them in heavy rain weather and a soaking wet track compared to how I was driving on the full wets...

If AI in PC2 is going to be "much better" I would say it's also "much needed".

Regarding the bit I emboldened..... whereas it is an issue that the Ai isn't affected as much as the player, I like to imagine the Ai has all made a better tyre choice than me and are on the appropriate tyres for the changing conditions. Also I will often start a race on inters or wets (depends on car of course, some wets are durable in dry some are not) even if it's dry when the forecast says rain (or I know it rains because of scripted weather..booh!). But thinking about the complexity of tyre choice in real racing and how teams with MEGA budgets (looking at you Yamaha in Jerez) get it wrong....how can a game with limited resources for Ai even hope to replicate reality?!

but yeah some tidying up and aggression adjuster would be awesome and I think that's what we're getting. :)

PatrickRosa
08-05-2017, 12:43
Thank you for all you explanations!
E feel that PCars 2 wil come to make our virtual racing days much better! I trust in programmers team to develop a brilhant simulator!

Thnaks again..
;);)

PatrickRosa
08-05-2017, 13:00
Just one more question:

Should we expect some diference betwen AI from a computer and PS4 platform due to processing power? As well as car physics???

:confused:

Patrick

Mahjik
08-05-2017, 13:30
Should we expect some diference betwen AI from a computer and PS4 platform due to processing power? As well as car physics???

Nope.

OddTimer
08-05-2017, 14:23
Some might say that's the literal meaning of overtake, going over the grass and taking another driver's position.
Seriously though, I hope that's improved in PCars2, AI corner cutting is a serious issue in PCars1.

man, that AI is so sneaky...it cracked me up..it would be fun if it wasn't so bad lol.