PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding console version

TAGS Battfink
10-05-2017, 18:50
Hi guys. Not sure if this has been answered (couldn't see anything), will the console version have the same FOV option for each camera viewpoint as pcars 1? I have noticed from the early gameplay vids that you are using a wide fov as standard, defo need to be able to get it narrow.

Also, will we have the ability to remove the driver and wheel from the cockpit view?

For me this is essential to get my rig set up perfectly, it made pcars my fav racer of the past 10 years, which I still thoroughly enjoyed blasting on the weekends when I have time ;)

Thanks in advance for any info, can't wait for pcars 2

Jocker
10-05-2017, 20:38
It's possible on PC1 = Same for PC2 ?!

Mahjik
10-05-2017, 22:12
Hi guys. Not sure if this has been answered (couldn't see anything), will the console version have the same FOV option for each camera viewpoint as pcars 1? I have noticed from the early gameplay vids that you are using a wide fov as standard, defo need to be able to get it narrow.

It will work the same as in PC1. The FOV is restricted based on resolution and aspect ratio (regardless of platform). i.e. you likely won't have the exact same options unless you are using the same display type...

Also, will we have the ability to remove the driver and wheel from the cockpit view?

SMS chooses to keep the wheel when there is a Motec style dash/data on the wheel (i.e. driver hands will be removed but not the wheel and it will not move). On cars without Motec style dash/data on the wheel, those will be removed when the option is enabled. This is how it works in PC1 and will be the same.

TAGS Battfink
10-05-2017, 23:59
It will work the same as in PC1. The FOV is restricted based on resolution and aspect ratio (regardless of platform). i.e. you likely won't have the exact same options unless you are using the same display type...

SMS chooses to keep the wheel when there is a Motec style dash/data on the wheel (i.e. driver hands will be removed but not the wheel and it will not move). On cars without Motec style dash/data on the wheel, those will be removed when the option is enabled. This is how it works in PC1 and will be the same.

Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. So just to confirm, I can adjust the fov on xbone on pcars 2 to make it wider than the default fov?

Mahjik
11-05-2017, 00:07
Thanks for the info man, much appreciated. So just to confirm, I can adjust the fov on xbone on pcars 2 to make it wider than the default fov?

Yes but will require a keyboard (which airport believe is the same for PC1 today).

TAGS Battfink
11-05-2017, 00:20
Yes but will require a keyboard (which airport believe is the same for PC1 today).

No you can adjust the fov in the camera options on the main menu of pcars one on xbox one, not mid race.

Again thanks for the info, at least the option is there, one happy camper

Mahjik
11-05-2017, 00:23
It's not mapped in the menus for consoles (that's not what I was meaning), but I believe the default keys work if you have a keyboard (similar to the CTRL-K functionality).

Mahjik
11-05-2017, 00:26
FWIW, no one but SMS themselves have seen anything on the console side of PC2 up to this point.

bradleyland
11-05-2017, 18:54
It's not mapped in the menus for consoles (that's not what I was meaning), but I believe the default keys work if you have a keyboard (similar to the CTRL-K functionality).

On console, you have to use CTRL-K. The default FOV keys don't work, and there's no option to map FOV, unfortunately.

Olijke Poffer
11-05-2017, 19:11
Let's hope the keyboard CTRL-K will still work in Pcars2. I use it with every race. Just to position the view I want it to be.
And even better if the choosen setting can be saved for re use... fingers crossed.

TAGS Battfink
11-05-2017, 19:57
I was not necessarily asking about changing fov mid race. I just wanted to know if the option was still there, in the options as it is in pcars 1. Like to have the field of view much higher than the Base setting, I have no issue with quiting a race and going back to options to tinker with the fov until I'm happy. I just want the option, hoping they do not remove it.

I usually map the seat position to the dpad for in race customisation

LukeC
14-05-2017, 06:35
If the options for fov, seat adjustment, look to apex etc are not present in Pcars 2 there will be a massive s**t storm here literally minutes after the game is released, just like there was on the Assetto Corsa forum. In fact, cockpit view adjustment options are coming to AC in the next update.

The days when people were satisfied with decisions made for them by the devs are long, long gone. Especially in sims, where high levels of customisation a have been customary for decades now.

Roger Prynne
14-05-2017, 12:41
If the options for fov, seat adjustment, look to apex etc are not present in Pcars 2 there will be a massive s**t storm here literally minutes after the game is released, just like there was on the Assetto Corsa forum. In fact, cockpit view adjustment options are coming to AC in the next update.

The days when people were satisfied with decisions made for them by the devs are long, long gone. Especially in sims, where high levels of customisation a have been customary for decades now.

??? I've always been able to adjust the cockpit and fov in AC

Mahjik
14-05-2017, 12:48
??? I've always been able to adjust the cockpit and fov in AC

I believe he's referring to the console version.

Roger Prynne
14-05-2017, 18:16
I believe he's referring to the console version.

Ah yeah.... sorry.