PDA

View Full Version : Problem with accelerator on Fanatec CS v2 pedals

fcminter
13-05-2017, 14:20
Looked in the stickies and couldn't find an answer sooooo.....

I play PCars and Assetto Corsa on a relatively high end PC. I am having a problem only in PCars. Everything has worked fine for almost a year. Now suddenly the accelerator doesn't work consistently. acceleration will suddenly go to zero then come back then go away. I have checked the function in Fanatecs manager. All fine. I switched the cables on the circuit board for clutch and gas and the "bug" follows the function. I ckecked with Fanatec and they at first said it was the board but when I told them that everything worked fine in Assetto Corsa, they changed their mind. I have tried switching settings in the options, using different wheels, pedals and reverting to default settings. Nothing has worked. I have an old set of CSR pedals that I am going to swap for the clubsports to see if that helps, but if anyone has a clue......?

Thanks

fcminter
13-05-2017, 14:22
Update. Swapped the pedal sets. The problem is in Project Cars. Both sets of pedals work fine in AC and the Fanatec control
panel. Help me out please!

Thanks.

BullWinkle
13-05-2017, 14:49
Try renaming the default.sav file to default.bak located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YourID\234630\local\project cars\profiles
You will loose your controller settings, career/vehicle setups doing this. Project Cars will create a new one on next start. If this doesn't help, you can change back the default.bak to default.sav.

Mad Al
13-05-2017, 15:41
A video would help.. but I'll ask anyway.. how quick is this going away and coming back.. as that sounds remarkably like TC cutting in and out

fcminter
13-05-2017, 18:05
Thanks to Mad Al and BullWinkle. First Mad Al it is on and off for seconds at a time but BullWinkles solution fixes the problem. Thanks BullWinkle! BUT..... at what a cost! Over a years worth of "play" lost? Is there any way to get back my user stats? Never thought I had to run a backup on my games! First time in over 20 years of gaming I have had this happen? Maybe I'm just lucky but come on Project Cars!

Mad Al
13-05-2017, 19:07
Thanks to Mad Al and BullWinkle. First Mad Al it is on and off for seconds at a time but BullWinkles solution fixes the problem. Thanks BullWinkle! BUT..... at what a cost! Over a years worth of "play" lost? Is there any way to get back my user stats? Never thought I had to run a backup on my games! First time in over 20 years of gaming I have had this happen? Maybe I'm just lucky but come on Project Cars!

First off, did you try disconnecting the wheel/pedals (you didn't mention how they were connected, direct or through your wheel) and change to something like keyboard and mouse control, play the game and then try and go back to the wheel and pedals ? (this is whilst using your original save file, of course)

fcminter
13-05-2017, 19:10
Thanks for the suggestion Mad Al. I'll give that a try. The pedals connect to the wheel.

BullWinkle
13-05-2017, 19:42

You can always try putting back the original default.sav if you renamed the original earlier, now that wheel is working again. Possibly might get your career data back without the pedal issue loading back in again. (longshot, worth the try.):)