PDA

View Full Version : Free cars every months ?

Aile_Bleue
13-05-2017, 15:19
Hi everybody,

Are will there free cars every months in PCars 2 like in PCars 1 ? Thanks

Mahjik
13-05-2017, 15:25
SMS has said there will not be monthly DLC, so likely no.

To be honest, I don't know how they did the monthly patches for PC1. That was insane from a dev perspective. Ian has mentioned in some posts it really did put a strain on the team trying to keep up with the monthly updates which also lead to some Q&A issues. While a month seems like a long time from a consumer standpoint, from a dev standpoint it's insanely short.

Ian has mentioned that updates/DLC will be further apart for PC2 than they were for PC1.

Konan
13-05-2017, 16:08
...which can't be a problem since the game starts with about 180 cars...imo enough to keep anyone busy for months on end...:cool:

Aile_Bleue
13-05-2017, 16:28
Thanks for your answers ;)

breyzipp
13-05-2017, 16:32
...which can't be a problem since the game starts with about 180 cars...imo enough to keep anyone busy for months on end...:cool:

Fully agree, and the cars in PCARS 2 are absolutely golden, You really want to drive them all! Not like in Forza where quantity seems to be the key and you end up with garbage like the Pontiac Aztec, lol. I prefer the quality over quantity approach from SMS, with a reduced number of cars they can still update sound per car (which they are doing) and controller handling per car (which they are also doing). In Forza cars are just one big pile of generic things on wheels.

I hope post-release there will be more focus on extra tracks than on extra cars. With 170+ cars in the game IMO we basically have enough to drive, more cars will be most likely similar to existing ones anyway. But more tracks... you can never have enough of that, especially with livetrack 3.0, dynamic weather, night/day cycles, seasons, custom championships, esports, ... new tracks really keep all that fresh and fun. And especially esports, if new cars come out competitive players will most likely keep playing their best cars so there is nothing new to watch for esports spectators. For new tracks on the other hand, it just requires the organizer to include these tracks and bam.... there is something new to watch for the spectators.

Olijke Poffer
13-05-2017, 16:42
Hope to see the http://pcars.oscarolim.pt site will get a PCars 2 sister site..

dault3883
13-05-2017, 19:46
Fully agree, and the cars in PCARS 2 are absolutely golden, You really want to drive them all! Not like in Forza where quantity seems to be the key and you end up with garbage like the Pontiac Aztec, lol. I prefer the quality over quantity approach from SMS, with a reduced number of cars they can still update sound per car (which they are doing) and controller handling per car (which they are also doing). In Forza cars are just one big pile of generic things on wheels.

I hope post-release there will be more focus on extra tracks than on extra cars. With 170+ cars in the game IMO we basically have enough to drive, more cars will be most likely similar to existing ones anyway. But more tracks... you can never have enough of that, especially with livetrack 3.0, dynamic weather, night/day cycles, seasons, custom championships, esports, ... new tracks really keep all that fresh and fun. And especially esports, if new cars come out competitive players will most likely keep playing their best cars so there is nothing new to watch for esports spectators. For new tracks on the other hand, it just requires the organizer to include these tracks and bam.... there is something new to watch for the spectators.

i agree id hope for more tracks too

F1_Racer68
13-05-2017, 22:48
Part of the reason for the "free car every month" was originally an "apology" move by SMS for the numerous and lengthy delays for the original release. For that reason alone, I don't expect to see them this time around.

I also don't expect to see monthly DLCs (Ian already cnfirmed this), and I also expect to see higher prices this time around. Ian also already confirmed that the DLCs will be fewer and further between, but they would have more content than last release.

dault3883
14-05-2017, 01:02
Part of the reason for the "free car every month" was originally an "apology" move by SMS for the numerous and lengthy delays for the original release. For that reason alone, I don't expect to see them this time around.

I also don't expect to see monthly DLCs (Ian already cnfirmed this), and I also expect to see higher prices this time around. Ian also already confirmed that the DLCs will be fewer and further between, but they would have more content than last release.

good thing the collectors edition comes with the season pass

FS7
14-05-2017, 02:03
I think it would be interesting if SMS gave DLC codes as prizes for winners of community events, official SMS online races, etc.

Cheesenium
15-05-2017, 07:01
I hope post-release there will be more focus on extra tracks than on extra cars. With 170+ cars in the game IMO we basically have enough to drive, more cars will be most likely similar to existing ones anyway. But more tracks... you can never have enough of that, especially with livetrack 3.0, dynamic weather, night/day cycles, seasons, custom championships, esports, ... new tracks really keep all that fresh and fun.

There are always eras and types of cars SMS likes to do which they would love to expand into those type of cars. The motorsport world has a long history which I think there are plenty of interesting cars to pick from. Or existing leagues that have vehicles that SMS could take that is not in the game yet.

Calling more cars in pcars 2 will be similar to existing ones is pretty unfair for SMS as they put in a tonne of work to make them very different. Even the Formula B and Formula Renault handles quite differently in pcars 1. With the upgraded aspects in pcars 2, cars are going to handle more interestingly. There will never be enough cars for a racing game but the issue is always on the quality of the driving and personality of the cars.

The core game is packed with tracks now which I think going with cars isn't a bad idea. It is fairly rare to see a racing game that comes with many track DLCs.

F1_Racer68
15-05-2017, 10:04
I personnaly hope the DLCs continue to follow the pattern of "theme" packs, where they include 1 or 2 tracks and several cars with some significant ties to that track.

For example, maybe a French pack. This could include say Paul Ricard, Dijon and Gilles Villeneuve's Ferrari 312 and Rene Arnoux' Renault along with a road car or 2.

Then continue the pattern with the next DLC using some other similar theme.

honespc
17-05-2017, 05:27
...which can't be a problem since the game starts with about 180 cars...imo enough to keep anyone busy for months on end...:cool:Not to mention the also insane number of tracks the game will be released with. If that can't keep anyone busy for months too..