PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G27 Clipping

Mattze
13-05-2017, 15:40
Hello you out there,

I have massive problems with my Logitech G27 and FFB Clipping in Project CARS. I use Jack Spade's Tweaker Files and have followed the G27 Setup Guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-Wheel-Setup-Guide) before, too. Although, I've set Deadzone Removal Range to 0.15 and Tire Force to 75, there is massive Clipping in the corners (the yellow line in FFB HUD is cut at the top). I've tried out different Tire Forces but even with 50 the clipping is occurring. What should I do to reduce clipping without restrict the FFB too much? Any suggestions?

poirqc
13-05-2017, 22:27
Hello you out there,

I have massive problems with my Logitech G27 and FFB Clipping in Project CARS. I use Jack Spade's Tweaker Files and have followed the G27 Setup Guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-Wheel-Setup-Guide) before, too. Although, I've set Deadzone Removal Range to 0.15 and Tire Force to 75, there is massive Clipping in the corners (the yellow line in FFB HUD is cut at the top). I've tried out different Tire Forces but even with 50 the clipping is occurring. What should I do to reduce clipping without restrict the FFB too much? Any suggestions?

You probably used the default global template to change your values. It comes with Steering Gain at 3. Put Steering Gain to 1.

Or you could try the templates i did, over time. Most of them are based on Jack's work. They're in my signature.

hkraft300
13-05-2017, 22:34
Steering gain 3 is too much. I have it at 1.0 too.
After a discussion with grimeydog I learned a good way to control clipping is with the relative adjust parameters.
You can have a look at my G29 settings, give it a go.
I turn up tyre force to 100, master scale 40 and no clipping.
I'm still toying with it to get good top end response. I'm about to do some laps now.

Mattze
15-05-2017, 21:00
Many thanks, guys!

I've set Steering Gain to 1.0 and no more clipping occurs. Additionally, I've tried various parameters and now my FFB setting is as follows:

Tire Force 100

Deadzone Removal Range 0.15
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.015

Relative Adjust Gain 1.0
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.1
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96

Scoop Knee 0.5
Scoop Reduction 0.5

Soft Clip (half) 0.0
Soft Clip (full) 1.0

Steering Gain 1.0

Edit: Ooops, there was a mistake in Soft Clip. I've corrected it now.

hkraft300
15-05-2017, 21:40
Relative bleed and clamp will stop the clipping no matter what you do.
You should try increasing master scale in car up 40+ and watch it come alive :)
If the steering feels heavy, reduce caster angle in car tuning alignment instead of adjusting ffb.
I have Relative adjust gain 1.0, bleed 0.5, clamp 0.98 right now. TF 100, SG 1.0.