PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Sales?

ramm21
15-05-2017, 04:07
Will Fanatec or Thrustmaster have a sale right before a major title launch like PC2? A bundle or 2, or maybe a good discount on a base? I'm looking to upgrade from my g29 when PC2 drops, so I'm just wondering when is the best time for a deal...

Roger Prynne
15-05-2017, 16:43
Wait for the 'Black Friday' deals maybe.

Mahjik
15-05-2017, 17:01
There hasn't been any partnerships announced for something like that to happen. However, I would wager that most of the sim hardware manufactures are more than aware of PC2 coming and will likely time some deals around release time. When PC1 was released, Thrustmaster sold out of just about everything.

ramm21
15-05-2017, 17:23
Wait for the 'Black Friday' deals maybe.

That's the fallback plan. I just hope if something is announced close to release date, it won't be sold out in a short time (like Mahjik referred to).
Also, I would like to snag a new wheel sooner than later. I moved to PC last fall from PS4 after the PSVR fiasco. When I was still on PS4 I bought DirtRally, but within about 3-4 weeks my G29 was broken. I strongly suspect it was due to DR's violent nature...
I ended up getting a replacement G29 under warranty. It's been okay, I do wish for something better than an entry level wheel now that I've gotten 2 years of sim racing under my belt.
Anyways, there was a Steam sale last weekend, and I got DirtRally for PC now. So I'm in a bit of a bind... do I get into DR again and risk breaking my weakling wheel? I guess I could turn down the FFB and not have much feedback, but that's not my preferred choice.

Exoil
15-05-2017, 18:29
There hasn't been any partnerships announced for something like that to happen. However, I would wager that most of the sim hardware manufactures are more than aware of PC2 coming and will likely time some deals around release time. When PC1 was released, Thrustmaster sold out of just about everything.

Yeah, I remember that. TM had great price on their wheels but all out of stock so I had to pay full price for my wheel a month later