PDA

View Full Version : hello advise on getting into pc gaming from xbox one.

petrolandpixels
16-05-2017, 06:27
OK so looking at making the jump to PC gaming mainly for racing games
PCars
raceroom
AC
AMS
and the older stuff like GTR Race7 GT legends etc etc.

So heres the specs of system i will be running on.
ASUS M5A97 PRO ATX
AMD FX6100 3.3GHZ
1TB HARD DRIVE
2GB EVGA NIVIDIA GEFORCE GTX650 PCI-E

Now i have an xbox one also so are those specs above acceptable to play the games listed?

Also i have a TX wheel FFB, can i simply connect it to the PC when i want to use it or do i have to have another wheel for the PC if i use it on the xbox aswell?

So basically i have my racing seat with pedals and TX wheel for xbox one so hoping all i have to do is put PC nect to it and change the wheel over as i stil nat to use the xbox one.
cheers.

I'm open to any advise so won't be offended if anyone thinks those specs are rubbish, I can still change my mind (i am buying PC off a friend but he used it for shooting games)

BullWinkle
16-05-2017, 23:57
The TX Racing wheel is XboxOne/PC compatible, so no problems there.(product info from TM site). Just need to download the PC drivers for your OS version. Exact Model/Wheel(Rim)/Base info would help.
You should be able to run Project Cars without issues if you don't get to greedy with graphic settings, especially if doing Online races.
What do you have for a monitor, and at what resolution?
How much system memory is installed?
And depending on the price your paying will depend if it's a worthwhile investment or not.:D
I would defiantly add in an SSD drive for the OS.

Ryzza5
17-05-2017, 21:09
Those specs might struggle a bit with Project CARS (and pCARS2) if you want large grids and pretty graphics but for the older stuff it'll be no problem. It's possible certain large mod tracks for Assetto Corsa, etc may also require a beefier (or newer) CPU/GPU.

I had a nVidia 680GTX when testing pCARS 1 which was up to the job but still wanted to upgrade on release. A 650 is the same series (age) but the second number (5) denotes the performance and is somewhat more borderline for gaming (especially back then).

The older AMD CPU's also seemed to have been left behind by Intel and racing simulations do quite a few calculations on the CPU compared to other types of games. i.e. if you have 50 AI and they all crash on the first corner during beta testing with damage enabled the FPS could really dip on my older Intel i5 3750K.

Is a friend offering this PC to you or have been searching ebay, etc for second hand computers and parts? i.e. if you found an old 780 or 970 GTX for cheap you could add that to a cheap PC that you find (preferably an Intel i5 or i7 if it's a few years old).

Hope this helps

petrolandpixels
21-05-2017, 18:24
Those specs might struggle a bit with Project CARS (and pCARS2) if you want large grids and pretty graphics but for the older stuff it'll be no problem. It's possible certain large mod tracks for Assetto Corsa, etc may also require a beefier (or newer) CPU/GPU.

I had a nVidia 680GTX when testing pCARS 1 which was up to the job but still wanted to upgrade on release. A 650 is the same series (age) but the second number (5) denotes the performance and is somewhat more borderline for gaming (especially back then).

The older AMD CPU's also seemed to have been left behind by Intel and racing simulations do quite a few calculations on the CPU compared to other types of games. i.e. if you have 50 AI and they all crash on the first corner during beta testing with damage enabled the FPS could really dip on my older Intel i5 3750K.

Is a friend offering this PC to you or have been searching ebay, etc for second hand computers and parts? i.e. if you found an old 780 or 970 GTX for cheap you could add that to a cheap PC that you find (preferably an Intel i5 or i7 if it's a few years old).

Hope this helps

I politely turned him down on his offer, i will now aim for a 1050GTX I've seen as a complete build from PCWorld, I just really want to get into RFactor 2.

dault3883
21-05-2017, 18:27
can you get external Video cards for like laptops since you cant just tear open the laptop to upgrade the video card