PDA

View Full Version : PC2 : Version for Xbox Scorpio

Jocker
17-05-2017, 18:24
Will PC2 have a patch to improve graphics and fluidity for the Xbox Scorpio ?

Thanks ;)

breyzipp
17-05-2017, 22:01
I certainly hope so. Wasn't there an Andy Tudor podcast interview around the februari Sweden announcement event where he said they were trying to make VR work on the PS4 Pro? I assume for the XBox Scorpio and the PS4 Pro they will make individual game code. Based on the vanilla consoles of course but with higher settings (better GFX, frame rate, more cars on track, HDR visuals, VR perhaps, ...)

Ryzza5
17-05-2017, 23:12
I'm pretty sure all games currently in development for PC and Xbox won't have any problems boosting various graphics settings for the Scorpio - that's like asking if a game will look better on a nVidia 1080 Ti compared to a nVidia 750.

DECATUR PLAYA
18-05-2017, 02:31
Will PC2 have a patch to improve graphics and fluidity for the Xbox Scorpio ?

Thanks ;)

I read a article on Xbox Scorpio a few weeks ago on porting games over to the Scorpio. If I understood correctly and remember correctly they basically talked about how easy it was to port games on Scorpio and how surprised Devs were at the ease of porting games over. If I remember correctly they said that Dice was able to port Battlefield 1 over in like 2 days with very little problems a process that normally would have taken 6 months to a year.

Edit: Wasn't Dice it was Turn 10 with Forza 6.

poirqc
19-05-2017, 00:53
Talking about scorpio, is there any plan to have a cross platform PC2?

breyzipp
19-05-2017, 06:19
I read a article on Xbox Scorpio a few weeks ago on porting games over to the Scorpio. If I understood correctly and remember correctly they basically talked about how easy it was to port games on Scorpio and how surprised Devs were at the ease of porting games over. If I remember correctly they said that Dice was able to port Battlefield 1 over in like 2 days with very little problems a process that normally would have taken 6 months to a year.

Edit: Wasn't Dice it was Turn 10 with Forza 6.

Yeah but Turn 10 is a Microsoft in-house developer so that's certainly not a good reference.

Ixoye56
19-05-2017, 11:37
Doesn't Xbox (Scorpio) use the same coding as Windows (PC)?

OddTimer
19-05-2017, 11:43
I think DX12 runs natively on the hardware...so the coding could be a bit different?

DECATUR PLAYA
19-05-2017, 15:22
Yeah but Turn 10 is a Microsoft in-house developer so that's certainly not a good reference.

^Yeah it sounded better in my head when I thought it was Dice however the people who wrote the article was brought in from the outside to look at the new hardware.

FIA
14-09-2017, 04:13
I seen some videos from devs from gears of war saying with the new sdk kits for the one x you can get the games to run at full power
the same day thay got the kit, and finding more and more things that can be done, so ill say that Pcars2 has already been optimized and fine tuned
and benchmark now ready for the X

8...to go

transfix
14-09-2017, 19:15
Andy confirmed Support for Scorpio and PS4 Pro in this article a while back.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/project-cars-2-interview-red-bull-games

Alan Dallas
14-09-2017, 23:06
I think DX12 runs natively on the hardware...so the coding could be a bit different?

It does, however pCARS2 is still a DX11 title and won't take advantage of newer DX12 features.