PDA

View Full Version : Lap times in Career mode vs Test session

dault3883
22-05-2017, 14:55
Iv just noticed that my lap times are slower in career mode than they are test session. And by quite a large margin at that. At Brno For instance in Test session i can run a 2 minute 10 second lap and some change. But in career mode my lap times are up to a 3 minute and 46 second lap and some change. Why is this happening?

Mahjik
22-05-2017, 15:31
Sessions will differ based on weather (as well as time of day) given the exact same car/track combination. It will also differ based on Live Track and the amount of rubber on the track.

Roger Prynne
22-05-2017, 15:32
Are you using the 'exact' same conditions in your test?
IE: Date, Time of day, Weather conditions, tyres..... etc etc.

Edit: Mahjik beat me to it.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 15:35
Are you using the 'exact' same conditions in your test?
IE: Date, Time of day, Weather conditions, tyres..... etc etc.

Edit: Mahjik beat me to it.

Idk i just hoped on to test session running the same car to get a feel of the track because due to life its been a week since i qualified for the race

Roger Prynne
22-05-2017, 15:39
When you say 'Test Session' do you mean 'Time Trial' or Practice?
If 'Practice' make sure you do a few laps to warm up the tyres first.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 15:44
When you say 'Test Session' do you mean 'Time Trial' or Practice?
If 'Practice' make sure you do a few laps to warm up the tyres first.

im talking about practice out side of career mode i can run at brno a 2 minute 10 second lap. But in career mode its slowed down to a 3 minute 46 second lap. In other words my lap times in the practice area outside of career mode are a minute and a half faster than they are in career mode. Those are laptimes of around my 4th lap in career after tires are warmed up. To put it bluntly it feels like my career mclaren has a restrictor plate on it.

Mad Al
22-05-2017, 15:50
im talking about practice out side of career mode i can run at brno a 2 minute 10 second lap. But in career mode its slowed down to a 3 minute 46 second lap. In other words my lap times in the practice area outside of career mode are a minute and a half faster than they are in career mode. Those are laptimes of around my 4th lap in career after tires are warmed up. To put it bluntly it feels like my career mclaren has a restrictor plate on it.

Would one session be you alone and the other with a load of AI, as this sounds like the classic, my computer is not able to handle everything so I'll slow things down..

Roger Prynne
22-05-2017, 15:58
I would also be handy if you gave us the specs of your laptop.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 16:15
Would one session be you alone and the other with a load of AI, as this sounds like the classic, my computer is not able to handle everything so I'll slow things down..

that sounds about right actually LOL never thought of that

I would also be handy if you gave us the specs of your laptop.

i wish i knew all the specs its ur run of the mill Best buy HP15 laptop with 750 GB memory and in the picture is my system info

Mad Al
22-05-2017, 16:23
that sounds about right actually LOL never thought of that

i wish i knew all the specs its ur run of the mill Best buy HP15 laptop with 750 GB memory and in the picture is my system info

F me, that cpu's slower than a Q6600....

dault3883
22-05-2017, 16:27
F me, that's slower than a Q6600....

i work with what i got. Right now its got a malfunctioning cooling fan. I use an external laptop fan too but it only helps so much at this point. Im on borrowed time at this point i think. Iv resorted to backing up the ENTIRE system I run it in Performance mode too.

Mad Al
22-05-2017, 16:37
i work with what i got. Right now its got a malfunctioning cooling fan. I use an external laptop fan too but it only helps so much at this point. Im on borrowed time at this point i think. Iv resorted to backing up the ENTIRE system I run it in Performance mode too.

Ah, well that will certainly not improve things.. it's also possible it's going into thermal throttling.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 17:26
Ah, well that will certainly not improve things.. it's also possible it's going into thermal throttling.

its actually always had the difference in time the fan problem only developed yesterday

whats thermal throttling

Roger Prynne
22-05-2017, 17:43
Thermal throttling is when the CPU overheats, the mobo sets its speed lower, so it can generate less heat and cool down.

dault3883
22-05-2017, 17:46
Thermal throttling is when the CPU overheats, the mobo sets its speed lower, so it can generate less heat and cool down.

thats very possible ok thanks

Roger Prynne
22-05-2017, 18:14
You might want to try one of these free System Information Tools
https://www.lifewire.com/free-system-information-tools-2625772

dault3883
22-05-2017, 18:57
You might want to try one of these free System Information Tools
https://www.lifewire.com/free-system-information-tools-2625772

i want to eventually get a gaming laptop just because i prefer laptops