PDA

View Full Version : G29 racing wheel problem - car won't drive off

Genebaud
27-05-2017, 08:55
Hi guys,
Hope someone out there can help me. I just bought a G29 racing wheel complete with with gear shifter and stand for my PS4. I set it all up and did the calibrations (I even used rocafella1978 settings) so there I am waiting to start a free practice run on California Highway, revving up - revs ok, put it into first gear, accelerated gently and it just stopped as though it had stalled, and I couldn't get any revs or put it into gear. After some time I figured out that if I pressed the triangle button I could get my revs back and put it into gear again, but the same thing happened again. I eventually figured that if I keep the triangle button pressed in I can get going. I've found that the triangle button is the one you press if you have a prang and end up facing in the wrong direction, but if that happens this problem starts all over again and the only way I can get started again is by pressing the L2 button or sometimes keeping the triangle button depressed until I actually start moving. This seems to happen with any car I drive (if the wheel will allow me to drive one). I've tried going on Logitech help site but it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Also, the feedback through the wheel is very violent. The thing sometimes seems to have a mind of its own. I currently have it set on zero.
Help please.

Roger Prynne
27-05-2017, 09:45
Manual or Automatic clutch? If manual then you might be stalling the engine.
You may also need to assign buttons for 'Ignition' and 'Start Engine'

Genebaud
27-05-2017, 10:10
Manual or Automatic clutch? If manual then you might be stalling the engine.
You may also need to assign buttons for 'Ignition' and 'Start Engine'

Hi, Roger. Thanks for replying.
It's a manual clutch. Stalling the engine did cross my mind and I'll certainly look into that. I'll also look at the button assignment and try to figure something out. It's a direction for me to go in.

Roger Prynne
27-05-2017, 10:41
Let us know how you get on.

Also could you change your 'Platform' to 'PS4' in your 'Control Panel'

Genebaud
27-05-2017, 17:31
Let us know how you get on.

Also could you change your 'Platform' to 'PS4' in your 'Control Panel'

Hi Roger,

Thanks to you the problem seems to be resolved, or should I say we side-stepped it. After what you said I started thinking there could just possibly be a bug in the clutch-accelerator co-ordination and I went into controls and set it to automatic clutch which means while use of the clutch won't register, so won't cause a problem, I can still use the gear stick, which I particularly want because it allows me to block-change gears, which is very handy when going into a tight corner at speed - 4th to 2nd in one change etc.. I've been testing it for about 3 hours now on the California Highway in a Mercedes C-Class Coupe DTM. I deliberately pranged several times (and sometimes not deliberately) but just pressed the triangle, shoved it in gear and off I went with no problems. I even came in 1st on the full highway track. So you have my gratitude for your help. I don't think I would have put that together. All I have to do now is find out why the steering wheel is so jerky - it's really quite violent sometimes, but perhaps it's supposed to be like that. BTW, I did have it set to PS4 on the wheel but I couldn't see a platform option in the control panel.

Many thanks, Genebaud.

dault3883
27-05-2017, 17:45
Hi Roger,

Thanks to you the problem seems to be resolved, or should I say we side-stepped it. After what you said I started thinking there could just possibly be a bug in the clutch-accelerator co-ordination and I went into controls and set it to automatic clutch which means while use of the clutch won't register, so won't cause a problem, I can still use the gear stick, which I particularly want because it allows me to block-change gears, which is very handy when going into a tight corner at speed - 4th to 2nd in one change etc.. I've been testing it for about 3 hours now on the California Highway in a Mercedes C-Class Coupe DTM. I deliberately pranged several times (and sometimes not deliberately) but just pressed the triangle, shoved it in gear and off I went with no problems. I even came in 1st on the full highway track. So you have my gratitude for your help. I don't think I would have put that together. All I have to do now is find out why the steering wheel is so jerky - it's really quite violent sometimes, but perhaps it's supposed to be like that. BTW, I did have it set to PS4 on the wheel but I couldn't see a platform option in the control panel.

Many thanks, Genebaud.

he is referring to your forum control panel your platform on your name for posts is listed as PC not PS4

Genebaud
27-05-2017, 19:26
Ah, I hadn't realised. Thanks for that. I'll have to rectify it.

dault3883
27-05-2017, 19:28
Ah, I hadn't realised. Thanks for that. I'll have to rectify it.

dont worry i see it all the time by new members your not the first and wont be the last

Genebaud
27-05-2017, 19:32
Done.

Roger Prynne
27-05-2017, 19:37
All I have to do now is find out why the steering wheel is so jerky - it's really quite violent sometimes, but perhaps it's supposed to be like that. BTW, I did have it set to PS4 on the wheel but I couldn't see a platform option in the control panel.

Many thanks, Genebaud.

These threads might help....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?48627-Logitech-G29-Force-feedback-not-working

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings

Genebaud
28-05-2017, 12:32
Hi Roger

Wow, what a difference! Job done!
I followed your 1st link and then followed Jay B's instructions re calibration and set-ups and I now have a different wheel. It works perfectly! Once again I'm in your debt. Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards, Genebaud

dault3883
28-05-2017, 12:39
Hi Roger

I followed your 1st link and then followed Jay B's instructions re calibration and set-ups and I now have a different wheel. It works perfectly! Once again I'm in your debt. Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards, Genebaud

when ever your wheel starts to give you problems like that again you will know what to do a recalibration and going through and re doing hte button assignments works wonders for my wheel especially when Microsoft decides to do a major update

Roger Prynne
28-05-2017, 14:45
Hi Roger

Regards, Genebaud

Glad I could help mate, now get some track time in.

Genebaud
28-05-2017, 15:20
Yes, track time. But which track? God, I hate these decisions! Ha ha.

Thanks again everyone.

dault3883
28-05-2017, 15:39
Yes, track time. But which track? God, I hate these decisions! Ha ha.

Thanks again everyone.

start off with your favorite thats always a good choice