PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawn Cars

The__Gasman
29-05-2017, 10:10
How many cars from Project Cars including all DLC will be withdrawn/not included in Project Cars 2 and which ones?

Also which tracks won't make it to Project Cars 2?

Mowzer
29-05-2017, 10:18
That's a very good question:).

Azure Flare
29-05-2017, 10:53
Very nearly all of them will be returning. The ones that don't were due to the manufacturer themselves, not licensing issues. Like how that the 12C won't be appearing since the 720S will be in the game.

Oh, but I will say the Lykan Hypersport won't be returning, but I don't think anyone will miss it.

MaximusN
29-05-2017, 11:38
Very nearly all of them will be returning. The ones that don't were due to the manufacturer themselves, not licensing issues. Like how that the 12C won't be appearing since the 720S will be in the game.

Oh, but I will say the Lykan Hypersport won't be returning, but I don't think anyone will miss it.

I will be missing the 12C though. Along with the 720s the most good looking of the new McLaren's(after SLR era).

honespc
29-05-2017, 11:50
Oh, but I will say the Lykan Hypersport won't be returning, but I don't think anyone will miss it.Still can not fathom why the car handles that bad. Thing improves with the street mediums when they are up to temp, but the car is still the worst hypersport car in the game. Not sure why

I think the handling work put into this car was rushed somehow. Not finished or something

dault3883
29-05-2017, 14:23
I will be missing the 12C though. Along with the 720s the most good looking of the new McLaren's(after SLR era).

i will be missing the 12C too but at least they put the upgraded sister the 720s

breyzipp
29-05-2017, 16:21
I'm positive I won't miss any car from PC1 tbh. So many great new cars have been announced already, we get a lot of great new tracks and new franchises like rallycross and indycar. And finally ovals are in as well (whoooo-hooooo!!!!!!! :P).

But seriously, with livetrack 3.0, seasons, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, new cars, new tracks, improved tyre model and improved controller handling I don't think I'm going to miss anything from the old Project CARS.

I know we live in a quantity over quality on-demand insta-reward world with silly games like Forza (which has 500+ cars that within a category all feel and sound more or less the same). I'm glad games like Dirt and Project CARS cut down the number of cars but give us a better car quality. Just yesterday I was watching a 2014 Ken Block Loheac on-board hotlap in his Ford Focus RS RX and it's amazing how well this sound is reproduced in Dirt 4.

edit - here are those videos. I know camera set-points are different but I can't find a Dirt 4 Focus RS RX onboard video right now.

Dirt 4 : https://youtu.be/y5czlw5Q47k?t=7m18s
the real deal : https://youtu.be/lMuwUjtdecE?t=13s

Mahjik
29-05-2017, 16:26
Still can not fathom why the car handles that bad. Thing improves with the street mediums when they are up to temp, but the car is still the worst hypersport car in the game. Not sure why

I think the handling work put into this car was rushed somehow. Not finished or something

Hypercars aren't always built to handle. They are typically built to do ridiculous speeds in a straight line and look like something from another planet. Personally, I found the Lykan to be one of my favorites in PC1.

breyzipp
29-05-2017, 16:31
Hypercars aren't always built to handle. They are typically built to do ridiculous speeds in a straight line and look like something from another planet. Personally, I found the Lykan to be one of my favorites in PC1.

And with the Lykan in particular it's more a status-symbol car anyway. Weren't part of the lights made out of diamonds or something? That car breaths exclusiveness and status all over it and will probably just be for some over-the-top rich oil sjeiks from the Middle East. I wouldn't expect the real car to be near the performance and handling of a LaFerrari, Porsche 918 or McLaren P1 anyway.

Wasn't it the second most expensive hypercar? 4 mill (USD or EUR I forgot)? Where the Lambo Veneno was 4.5 mill?

dault3883
29-05-2017, 16:33

and sometimes manufacturers make these hyper cars just to look pretty like the Ferrari Laferrari it was made to look outrageously cool but also VERY VERY limited numbers most likely just to draw more attention to its brand Ferrari

konnos
29-05-2017, 17:45
Limited numbers = collectors only (pretty much) and waiting on resale value to rise to sell them for a potential profit (or very little loss in value).

Stewy32
29-05-2017, 18:54
I am assume we will get updates for cars with the new GT3 cars and getting rid of one's like the R18 TDI as well.Hopefully we will get some new LMP2 like the ORECA 07 to replace the 03

galaxyjack
29-05-2017, 19:01
Cars that must return:
-LMP900 cars
-Renault A442B and R.S.01(standard or GT3 version)
-Ford Mk IV
-Ford Capri Zakspeed
-BMW 320 Turbo
-Pagani Zonda Cinque
-Ariel Atom
-Aston Martin DBR1
-RUF CTR Yellowbird
-Gumpert Apollo S

amazed
29-05-2017, 19:05
Don't think you'll see the RUF again, unfortunately....

galaxyjack
29-05-2017, 19:42
Is there an official statement about that? Assetto Corsa has both Porsche and Ruf licence.

RacingAtHome
29-05-2017, 20:03
Is there an official statement about that? Assetto Corsa has both Porsche and Ruf licence.

Assetto added Porsche via DLC.

galaxyjack
29-05-2017, 21:04
pCARS can add RUF via dlc

breyzipp
29-05-2017, 21:05
Assetto added Porsche via DLC.

Yes, same with Forza Horizon 2. The base game started with RUF in it but Porsche was later added with DLC. That seems to be the only way both RUF and Porsche end up in the same game. First Porsche is absent from the base game and the developers get RUF instead. And then later they get a deal with Porsche anyway (now that EA is out of the picture) and they can add Porsche. If the Porsche license is in from the beginning then I haven't seen any RUFs in yet. I think Porsche doesn't allow it.

pCARS can add RUF via dlc

That ALL depends on what the deal with Porsche is. If they say SMS can add Porsche cars to the game under the condition that no RUFs are added in the future then that's it I'm afraid.

dault3883
29-05-2017, 21:13
I am assume we will get updates for cars with the new GT3 cars and getting rid of one's like the R18 TDI as well.Hopefully we will get some new LMP2 like the ORECA 07 to replace the 03

Why get rid of the Audi Prototypes just because they aren't racing it anymore doesn't mean it needs to be gone from the game. Thats my Favorite LMP1 Cars are the Audi Prototypes. you already have so little of LMP1 cars i would think you wouldn't want to get rid of 1.

DECATUR PLAYA
30-05-2017, 01:39

I liked the Lykan to. Since the thread was started will the Ford Fusion 2016 or old school stock car be returning.

MillsLayne
30-05-2017, 02:41
Cars that must return:
-LMP900 cars
-Ford Mk IV
-Ford Capri Zakspeed
-BMW 320 Turbo
-Pagani Zonda Cinque
-Ariel Atom
-Aston Martin DBR1
-RUF CTR Yellowbird
-Gumpert Apollo S

Add the Ford Falcon and BMW Procar and I completely agree.

dault3883
30-05-2017, 02:46
Add the Ford Falcon and BMW Procar and I completely agree.

the Audi R18's too

Cheesenium
30-05-2017, 03:23
I'll miss the Lykan if it is not returning. It was fun driving that bulky thing around feeling like a space ship. Hopefully, it will return.

One thing for sure is, Ruf won't be back as FH3 does not have any Ruf in the game till now.

Aile_Bleue
30-05-2017, 06:02
-LMP900 cars
-Ford Mk IV
-Ford Capri Zakspeed
-BMW 320 Turbo
-Pagani Zonda Cinque
-Ariel Atom
-Aston Martin DBR1
-RUF CTR Yellowbird
-Gumpert Apollo S
-BMW M1 Procar
-Audi R18
-Ford Falcon

RacingAtHome
30-05-2017, 20:29
-LMP900 cars
-Ford Mk IV
-Ford Capri Zakspeed
-BMW 320 Turbo
-Pagani Zonda Cinque
-Ariel Atom
-Aston Martin DBR1
-RUF CTR Yellowbird
-Gumpert Apollo S
-BMW M1 Procar
-Audi R18
-Ford Falcon

RS01 confirmed to return.

Azure Flare
31-05-2017, 16:43
Evidently, some of you missed where I said "very nearly" all of the cars will return.

RacingAtHome
31-05-2017, 21:56
Evidently, some of you missed where I said "very nearly" all of the cars will return.

And eliminating cars with potential for expansion such as the Group 5 cars is a terrible idea and I'm nowhere near expecting it to be the case. In fact, with the Porsche, I'm expecting it to be expanded. Same with the A442B with the Porsche 936.

I don't see why the Ford Falcon is on their list either unless they're expecting an updated model.

Also, removing the Ford MKIV when there's a potential to renew the old rivalry with Ferrari? Ha!

Azure Flare
31-05-2017, 22:38
And eliminating cars with potential for expansion such as the Group 5 cars is a terrible idea and I'm nowhere near expecting it to be the case. In fact, with the Porsche, I'm expecting it to be expanded. Same with the A442B with the Porsche 936.

I don't see why the Ford Falcon is on their list either unless they're expecting an updated model.

Also, removing the Ford MKIV when there's a potential to renew the old rivalry with Ferrari? Ha!

Let me put it to you this way. The cars that won't be returning, based on the ones that have progress threads on WMD, are either just flat out not coming back, or they have replacements.

MillsLayne
01-06-2017, 22:40

I expect it to return, but I want to see it "official". Also, it would be cool to get the Holden and Nissan and get the official liveries/drivers like we're getting for IndyCar. Can't imagine it would be too hard.

Stewy32
02-06-2017, 18:34
I doubt the R18 TDI will return.

dault3883
02-06-2017, 18:43

i hope the R18 Etron stays at least

Stewy32
03-06-2017, 18:14
i hope the R18 Etron stays at least

I expect so as that is the replacement for the TDI as such and Audi are in the game.

Azure Flare
03-06-2017, 19:06

Your doubts are unfounded.

hkraft300
06-06-2017, 02:56
Falcon confirmed in twitstabook, evidence in the other thread.

Your doubts are unfounded.

R18 tdi confirmed! I shall quote you as my source.
;)

breyzipp
06-06-2017, 06:25
I hope all the prototype classes have a decent bunch of cars in them to drive. That is LMP1, LMP2 and LMP3 for the modern prototypes and then LMP900, group C and group 6 for a trip down to memory lane. :)

And it would be super awesome to see Group 7 (Can-Am) as well, that would be a new one since it wasn't in Project CARS 1. But with their heavier focus on American motorsports.... who knows. :)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/scardigest/wp-content/uploads/IMG_9654.jpg

Am I turning this into a wishlist thread again? :P

dault3883
06-06-2017, 16:37
I hope all the prototype classes have a decent bunch of cars in them to drive. That is LMP1, LMP2 and LMP3 for the modern prototypes and then LMP900, group C and group 6 for a trip down to memory lane. :)

And it would be super awesome to see Group 7 (Can-Am) as well, that would be a new one since it wasn't in Project CARS 1. But with their heavier focus on American motorsports.... who knows. :)

that would be cool would love to give it a go with some can am cars

hkraft300
06-06-2017, 17:33
Got some nasty Jag (xjr9?) and Nissan ZX-T prototypes on the way. I bet they're not alone :)

Azure Flare
06-06-2017, 21:12
R18 tdi confirmed! I shall quote you as my source.
;)

I was referring back to this post:

People keep saying "I hope this car is returning", while completely ignoring the above post.

RacingAtHome
07-06-2017, 01:25
People keep saying "I hope this car is returning", while completely ignoring the above post.

To be honest, I don't think I ever drove the Lykan.

dault3883
07-06-2017, 01:32

Neither have I even though i got a skin for it

Azure Flare
07-06-2017, 02:17

I drove it once.

Once.

dault3883
07-06-2017, 02:27
I drove it once.

Once.

it was that bad ey?

Dangerpaws
07-06-2017, 02:42

Yes.....PLEASE have some vintage Can-Am cars in PC2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewy32
07-06-2017, 06:08
it was that bad ey?

I did 1 corner

konnos
07-06-2017, 09:34
Offtopic, but it is a hyper car, which means it has ridiculous straight line speed and acceleration and it tricks you into thinking it can corner just as well. You have to treat it like a good road car in the corners.

rosko
07-06-2017, 19:07
I was referring back to this post:

there are over 30 cars missing from the first game.

dault3883
07-06-2017, 19:11
there are over 30 cars missing from the first game.

they still havent released all of the cars yet either be patient

rosko
07-06-2017, 23:28
they still havent released all of the cars yet either be patient

Nothing to wait for here I'm talking about the full list.

dault3883
07-06-2017, 23:34
Nothing to wait for here I'm talking about the full list.

Sometimes Licensing doesnt go through like expected either its just business

Cheesenium
08-06-2017, 02:49
I drove the Lykan a lot in Road A. Sure it is a piece of crap when it comes to corners but I really like it's interior design that felt like a futuristic spaceship. Being insanely fast on the straights with a space ship like interior made the car really appealing to me.

It is sad if that car isn't coming back in Pcars 2.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 03:06
I drove the Lykan a lot in Road A. Sure it is a piece of crap when it comes to corners but I really like it's interior design that felt like a futuristic spaceship. Being insanely fast on the straights with a space ship like interior made the car really appealing to me.

It is sad if that car isn't coming back in Pcars 2.

interior and straight line speed dont do it for me if it plows like a dump truck in the corners

Cheesenium
08-06-2017, 04:48
interior and straight line speed dont do it for me if it plows like a dump truck in the corners

Just because you did not enjoy it, it does not mean I cant.

hkraft300
08-06-2017, 08:20

Because you arrive at the corners way too fast, at racecar speed without the race car brakes and grip.
I make the same mistake in all the fast road cars.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 11:40
Just because you did not enjoy it, it does not mean I cant.

I never said you couldnt like i said it just doesnt do it for me i never said anything about what does it for you