PDA

View Full Version : Is my PC good enough for PCars?

DanBeats90
30-05-2017, 17:39
Hi guys. Thinking of getting PCars for PC and trading in PS4 version. 'Can I Run It' says my PC has recommended system requirements, but wondered if somebody far more tech savy than me could be a bit more specific - how high quality could I run PCars on my PC? How does it compare to what the PS4 can do?

Cheers in advance!

OVERVIEW
Type Gaming PC
Operating system Windows 10 (64-bit)
SPECIFICATION
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
- Quad-core
- 3.0 GHz / 3.5 GHz (Turbo Boost)
- 6 MB cache
RAM 8 GB (64 GB maximum installable RAM)
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5)
Storage 256 GB SDD
Motherboard H110
CONNECTIVITY
Wireless 802.11 ac
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0 LE
USB - USB-C x 1
- USB 3.0 x 2
- USB 2.0 x 4
Video interface - HDMI x 3
- DVI x 1
- DisplayPort x 1
Audio interface 3.5 mm jack x 3
MEDIA
Optical disc drive DVD/RW drive
Memory card reader SD memory card reader
Expansion card slot - PCIe (x1) x 1
- PCIe (x16) x 1
- M.2 x 2
FEATURES
Mouse / trackpad Wireless mouse
Keyboard Wireless keyboard with numeric keypad
POWER
PSU 80PLUS Bronze ATX, 500 W
GENERAL
Colour Black
Box contents - Acer GX-781 Gaming PC
- Power cable
- Wireless keyboard
- Wireless mouse
Dimensions 396.4 x 175.5 x 462.9 mm (H x W x D)
Weight 14.5 kg
Manufacturer’s guarantee 1 year
Software included * Full version of Microsoft Office not included
* Full version of anti-virus / internet security not included

- Acer care centre
- Acer config manager
- AbFiles
- AbPhoto

Roger Prynne
30-05-2017, 18:43
Those specs should run it no probs, mostly on high settings with a few on medium, but you will have to experiment a bit to get the most out of it.

Someone else will probably come up with some settings for you though.

Mahjik
30-05-2017, 18:54
It will depend on the resolution you want to use. Should be decent for the most part at 1080 but you won't be able to go crazy with AA.

BullWinkle
30-05-2017, 20:49
You should have no problems with your hardware running Project Cars. As mentioned by Roger and Mahjik your graphic settings will influence performance. As long as you don't go crazy with graphic settings you should have no problems. Lots of helpful people here can assist once you make the move.:)

dault3883
30-05-2017, 23:46
Your running a Gaming PC you should have no problem considering my Regular HP PC only has problems when its running in a field of AI. Even then it just slows every thing down including the lap times. But if im on the track by my self its full steam ahead.

DanBeats90
31-05-2017, 07:16
Thanks for the replies, guys. Another quick question - how would PCARS on my PC compare to the PS4? Would the graphics be comparable, a little better, worse, etc. Thanks again.

Sankyo
31-05-2017, 11:35
Thanks for the replies, guys. Another quick question - how would PCARS on my PC compare to the PS4? Would the graphics be comparable, a little better, worse, etc. Thanks again.
Your PC's hardware is slightly more powerful in the graphics department I think but overall you'll get quite similar graphics quality. The good thing about PC, though, is that you can customize the graphics and improve what you find important for you while sacrificing quality something else that you think less important.