PDA

View Full Version : No mustang racecars?

DGRacing
01-06-2017, 17:40
Hi

Is the boss 302r gone in PCars2?
Any mustangs at all? 302s? Gt4? Hrs?

Better be

Mahjik
01-06-2017, 17:45
Follow the linked thread to know what cars are currently known:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49899-Project-CARS-2-confirmed-car-list

Zpectre87
01-06-2017, 18:17
I'd like to have the new Shelby GT4, but let's wait and see.

DGRacing
01-06-2017, 20:01
Ok. So no IMSA GTS cars since 1994. No PWC cars. The 2 biggest touring/GT race series....I'll wait and see but if that's true that's a huge disappointment.

Invincible
01-06-2017, 20:17
Ok. So no IMSA GTS cars since 1994. No PWC cars. The 2 biggest touring/GT race series....I'll wait and see but if that's true that's a huge disappointment.

Has it occured to you, that not all cars have been announced yet? And that even if Mahjik and I might know more, we don't reveal it? And no, that hasn't been a denial or confirmation at all. But wait until release. If those cars still haven't been announced, then they won't be in the game. If they are, great. If not, well, life goes on. Still no need to be disappointed.

DGRacing
01-06-2017, 20:30
Yes. That's why I said "if it's true". Some of us actually use this game for real racing practice. So if a car that's in pcars1 (which is my real life car) got punted for pcars2 then yeah it will be disappointing. If it turns out it's there or will be with DLC then great too. No big deal. But we're allowed to express our desires. So no offense intended.

Of course. Publishing a premature confirmed list is just going to attract opinions. We all wait anxiously. :)

Has it occured to you, that not all cars have been announced yet? And that even if Mahjik and I might know more, we don't reveal it? And no, that hasn't been a denial or confirmation at all. But wait until release. If those cars still haven't been announced, then they won't be in the game. If they are, great. If not, well, life goes on. Still no need to be disappointed.

Konan
01-06-2017, 20:41
We all wait anxiously. :)

That's the spirit! :p

breyzipp
01-06-2017, 20:43
Cars are revealed slowly over time, right now only about 50% of the cars are revealed and we already got dozens of great ones if you ask me. Let's wait until after the full list is revealed before asking about missing cars.

Personally I don't care that much about Mustangs and if I do there are only 2 that mildly interest me and that's the 1969 Mustang Boss 302 or 1971 Mustang Mach 1 (either one will do for me as a classic Mustang) and the 2015 Mustang GT350R (which is enough as a modern Mustang). But that's no car request at all, there are plenty of other cars I would like to see confirmed much more.

Konan
01-06-2017, 20:46
Cars are revealed slowly over time, right now only about 50% of the cars are revealed and we already got dozens of great ones if you ask me. Let's wait until after the full list is revealed before asking about missing cars.

Personally I don't care that much about Mustangs and if I do there are only 2 that mildly interest me and that's the 1969 Mustang Boss 302 or 1971 Mustang Mach 1 (either one will do for me as a classic Mustang) and the 2015 Mustang GT350R (which is enough as a modern Mustang). But that's no car request at all, there are plenty of other cars I would like to see confirmed much more.

Remco's law in effect once more.....aaaaah you saved it just in time lol

breyzipp
01-06-2017, 20:48
Remco's law in effect once more.....aaaaah you saved it just in time lol

Haha :D

DGRacing
01-06-2017, 20:52
Fair enough point.

But don't forget. This is a modern racing simulation. Mustangs win and dominate in IMSA and PWC. Despite not being a euro brand race versions of this historic and modern car will appeal worldwide.

F1_Racer68
01-06-2017, 23:38

No PWC cars? Really? 2 were already in the first game, and at least 3 more have now been added and confirmed:

- Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3 - New (Christina Nielsen - PWC/IMSA)
- KTM X-Bow GT4 - New (PWC)
- Porsche Cayman GT4 - New (IMSA CTSC, hoping Darth Cayman makes an appearance)
- Porsche 911 GT3 - New (Patrick Long - PWC)
- Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 - pCARS1 (PWC)
- Bentley Continental GT3 - pCARS1 (PWC, Dyson Racing)

These are cars that are specifically in IMSA/PWC liveries. Mostyl PWC in fact, as noted by the giant PIRELLI logos on them and the WC logos on the liveries as well.

No, we haven't seen the new Mustang or Camaro GT4 cars, but we might get them as DLC since they are 2017 spec cars, and pCARS2 appears ot be solely based on 2016 (makes sense given the timeline to produce it).

And I also want to know what make you claim that IMSA and PWC are " The 2 biggest touring/GT race series". Maybe in North America, but not globally. Far from it in fact on a global scale.

F1_Racer68
01-06-2017, 23:48
I'd like to have the new Shelby GT4, but let's wait and see.

Probably won't happen since it's a 2017 spec car and the game is based on the 2016 spec cars.

Trust me, I wish it would appear. Best we can hope for is the GT350R-C that MultiMatic fielded with Scott Maxwell and Billy Johnson. Fingers crossed..... I wanna do Billy Johnson style victory laps :D

Zpectre87
01-06-2017, 23:55
No, we haven't seen the new Mustang or Camaro GT4 cars, but we might get them as DLC since they are 2017 spec cars, and pCARS2 appears ot be solely based on 2016 (makes sense given the timeline to produce it).

That's absolutely not true, considering we are getting the new McLaren 720S road car, but maybe you are speaking of racing series only.

DGRacing
02-06-2017, 00:47
Yeah. I guess I should have said "no North American PWC cars" camaro. Mustang. Etc. They've been in the series for long long time.

Also yes that I meant IMSA/PWC are big in North America. But North America is bigger than Europe so one would think more attention is given there. ;)

I would say it's too early to say pcars2 is based on 2016. I mean it will release later this year almost 2018!

No PWC cars? Really? 2 were already in the first game, and at least 3 more have now been added and confirmed:

- Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3 - New (Christina Nielsen - PWC/IMSA)
- KTM X-Bow GT4 - New (PWC)
- Porsche Cayman GT4 - New (IMSA CTSC, hoping Darth Cayman makes an appearance)
- Porsche 911 GT3 - New (Patrick Long - PWC)
- Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 - pCARS1 (PWC)
- Bentley Continental GT3 - pCARS1 (PWC, Dyson Racing)

These are cars that are specifically in IMSA/PWC liveries. Mostyl PWC in fact, as noted by the giant PIRELLI logos on them and the WC logos on the liveries as well.

And I also want to know what make you claim that IMSA and PWC are " The 2 biggest touring/GT race series". Maybe in North America, but not globally. Far from it in fact on a global scale.

F1_Racer68
02-06-2017, 01:11
Take a look at every "modern" race car announced so far. GT3, GTE, GT4. All are 2016 spec. Even the IndyCars are 2016 spec.

All of the race cars are being spec'd to match by year so far. We have seen 1998, 2016, etc. This is most likely done to ensure they are better balanced in game. It also make sense that the "modern" race cars are 2016 spec as that is what they would have had access to at the time they were working on the development of the cars/game.

poirqc
02-06-2017, 01:32
I do hope it comes at some point. I really liked the GT4 mustang from pCars 1!

For some reasons, i can't post the link to a specific time. Jump to 8:38

https://youtu.be/NOPBon4-7k8?t=516

honespc
02-06-2017, 06:04
I always go Mustang Boss on GT4. Love it despite the nonsensical handling the car has been given in this game. Hate that the people always go safe Ginetta. They unworthy of my time

poirqc
02-06-2017, 12:11
I always go Mustang Boss on GT4. Love it despite the nonsensical handling the car has been given in this game. Hate that the people always go safe Ginetta. They unworthy of my time

Grimeydog is worthy of your time, trust me! He's a great driver to race against! :D

Zpectre87
02-06-2017, 12:20

You need 1000 likes for this. I love the more powerful cars.

dault3883
02-06-2017, 15:19

isnt after the list is complete too late to show are wants for a car to be in the game or show displeasure if its not on the list

Konan
02-06-2017, 15:24
There is always the "car wishlist" for that...
And as been said before...there is always DLC to consider (not confirming or denying anything) :p

dault3883
02-06-2017, 15:26
(not confirming or denying anything) :p

of course not it could get you fired LOL

Konan
02-06-2017, 15:32
Indeed...and i like my orange color...lol

Grijo
02-06-2017, 16:00
You need 1000 likes for this. I love the more powerful cars.

Amem brother :cool:

Grijo
02-06-2017, 16:05
Personally I don't care that much about Mustangs...

Were not friends anymore :(

...and if I do there are only 2 that mildly interest me and that's the 1969 Mustang Boss 302 or 1971 Mustang Mach 1 (either one will do for me as a classic Mustang) and the 2015 Mustang GT350R...

Were back! ;)

DGRacing
02-06-2017, 17:20
Message received! :o

There is always the "car wishlist" for that...
And as been said before...there is always DLC to consider (not confirming or denying anything) :p

DGRacing
02-06-2017, 17:24
Haha.
I'll do my version. I don't care that much for porsches....

Except the 87 911 Targa. 956 speedster. 911 GT RSR. 1988 959....911 Slope. Etc

Were not friends anymore :(

Were back! ;)

Grijo
02-06-2017, 18:00
1988 959....

Thats a great Porsche, I would love to race this in Pcars 2*

*Konan, in that case Remcos Law do not apply since Im not asking for the car, Im only saying that would be great...
(Even I didnt believed in what I wrote :p)

Off Topic

Am I the only crazy guy who love the 90s Porsche 928 GTS and the 80s 911 Turbo?

End Off Topic

Konan
02-06-2017, 18:03
You can fool yourself as much as you like mate...still a variation on Remco's law...:cool:

dault3883
02-06-2017, 18:41
Indeed...and i like my orange color...lol

Orange is my favorite color too but i dont want the job

DGRacing
02-06-2017, 19:10
You're not. I was gonna add the 928 to my list but wasn't sure if I'd get banned. Lol

Thats a great Porsche, I would love to race this in Pcars 2*

*Konan, in that case Remcos Law do not apply since Im not asking for the car, Im only saying that would be great...
(Even I didnt believed in what I wrote :p)

Off Topic

Am I the only crazy guy who love the 90s Porsche 928 GTS and the 80s 911 Turbo?

End Off Topic

Zpectre87
02-06-2017, 19:15
The 928 is one of the most underrated cars ever built. The only reason it got hated on by the Porsche clientele was that it was slated to replace the 911 while being the complete opposite of it (front-engined, water-cooled, comfortable, easy to drive, no racing pedigree). In fact, it was a car ahead of its time, as demonstrated by the Panamera's immediate success in the late 2000s.

Alan Dallas
02-06-2017, 19:56
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm to be held over from PC1.

dault3883
02-06-2017, 20:09
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm to be held over from PC1.

i run Tommy Kendals skin on it

Alan Dallas
02-06-2017, 20:23
i run Tommy Kendals skin on it

This one from these forums?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21957-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SCCA-TransAm-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT!)&p=883661&viewfull=1#post883661
:) :)

dault3883
03-06-2017, 00:29
This one from these forums?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21957-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SCCA-TransAm-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT!)&p=883661&viewfull=1#post883661
:) :)

yeppers now if only you saw the notification for the message i sent you about a Formula C skin ;)

VelvetTorpedo
08-06-2017, 17:14
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=238056&d=1496941083&thumb=1
http://i.imgur.com/WxsNBfM.png

from the new trailer

F1_Racer68
08-06-2017, 17:36
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=238056&d=1496941083&thumb=1

from the new trailer

#ThreadClosed :D

Zpectre87
08-06-2017, 18:04
Contrary to what was posted on the other thread, this is a Shelby GT350, not a Boss.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 18:09
Contrary to what was posted on the other thread, this is a Shelby GT350, not a Boss.

is that better or worse than the boss

Azure Flare
08-06-2017, 23:09

It's a fictional GT4 version of the S550 Mustang. It's neither a Shelby or a Boss, it's RTR.

breyzipp
09-06-2017, 09:09

The Boss is the other one, which is carrying over from PCARS1. If you watch the video a couple of seconds earlier than the screenshot from the previous page, you will see it.

Alan Dallas
13-06-2017, 08:00
yeppers now if only you saw the notification for the message i sent you about a Formula C skin ;)
I saw the message in my E-Mail. Did you note the last line of my Signature here before sending it? It's been there for years.

honespc
13-06-2017, 11:25
The Boss is the other one, which is carrying over from PCARS1. If you watch the video a couple of seconds earlier than the screenshot from the previous page, you will see it.
238078I hope the Mustang Boss GT4 handling model in PC2 has been at least.., "revised"

Roger Prynne
13-06-2017, 11:30
Everything has been "revised" :encouragement:

Bealdor
13-06-2017, 11:39
I hope the Mustang Boss GT4 handling model in PC2 has been at least.., "revised"

What didn't you like about it in PCARS 1?

honespc
13-06-2017, 12:15
What didn't you like about it in PCARS 1?Oh I do enjoy the ride on the Mustang boss of course (after tweaking the accell diff), because as opposed to the other gt4 this car is challenging at least.

What I didn't like about it is that it's very difficult to believe the car behaves that way, specially when compared to the other gt4.

Nothing serious at all. Just a humble observation on its weird handling

Bealdor
13-06-2017, 12:42
That's because it's the only GT4 car with a live rear axle. That's why it behaves totally different than the others.
This is what the real drivers/teams have to say about the car and its replication ingame:

I work for a team that ran 2 boss 302Rs in the grand sport class of the Continental Tire GT Challenge in the states. Gt4 is a very close but not exact representation of the series and grid competitors. The car and physics models are amazing.

That said, we fought the rear axle every single race. We'd make it as best we could in practice then had to rely on the driver essentially chucking it into the corners to get good rotation. However then your scrubbing off speed. It's an awesome car but requires special care when racing against more sophisticated suspensions. Even then it's a bear to make competitive without bop helping you out.

We overhauled the cars entirely and now run in the GTS class of the Pirelli World Challenge and are killing it. Stronger, more versatile parts, more power and heavily tweakable aero helped it out tremendously. Although...bop is coming in a few weeks. :culpability:

F1_Racer68
13-06-2017, 15:50
That's because it's the only GT4 car with a live rear axle. That's why it behaves totally different than the others.
This is what the real drivers/teams have to say about the car and its replication ingame:

Bealdor, Chris Beaufait also posted early on in the forums about how well the in game car compared to the real thing. At the time Chris drove the Boss 302 in the GS class in Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (this was in 2015). I can't seem to find the post anymore (or his online profile). Any chance you can dig it up? I suspect a few people will change their minds about that car if they have a chance to read that post again. He was particularly impressed with the handling under braking as I recall.

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 15:59
Bealdor, Chris Beaufait also posted early on in the forums about how well the in game car compared to the real thing. At the time Chris drove the Boss 302 in the GS class in Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (this was in 2015). I can't seem to find the post anymore (or his online profile). Any chance you can dig it up? I suspect a few people will change their minds about that car if they have a chance to read that post again. He was particularly impressed with the handling under braking as I recall.

Here you go:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36375-PRO-Nice-job-pCARS

F1_Racer68
13-06-2017, 16:19
Here you go:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36375-PRO-Nice-job-pCARS

You da man!! Thanks. Not sure why I wasn't able to find it. Guess I need more training on the search tool. Tried a few times with no luck.

hkraft300
13-06-2017, 17:06
Oh I do enjoy the ride on the Mustang boss of course (after tweaking the accell diff), because as opposed to the other gt4 this car is challenging at least.

Try the mustang trans-am. It should feel similar with the rear axle shenanigans.

Besides, the improved differential coding in pc2 should make it even better.

honespc
13-06-2017, 19:24
Try the mustang trans-am. It should feel similar with the rear axle shenanigans.
The Mustang trans-am is in this case the easy one to drive. Too easy to drive you can not even feel the axle thingy actually.

The challenge in that class is in the Audi, and it's a huge one

Alan Dallas
16-06-2017, 10:40
The Mustang trans-am is in this case the easy one to drive. Too easy to drive you can not even feel the axle thingy actually.

The challenge in that class is in the Audi, and it's a huge one

The main difference between the Boss and the Trans-Am car is the roll center and weight of the cars. The solid rear axle will feel more "lively" in the heavier Boss with a larger 'moment center'(distance between vehicle Center of mass and axle roll center). The Trans-Am Mustang has a very small moment center which is why you don't notice the solid rear axle as much.