PDA

View Full Version : Freezing in Pits in 24hr Race

DanBeats90
03-06-2017, 10:33
"Hi guys, hoping somebody can help me with this. I've been trying to recreate a few 24hr races in Single Race Mode, starting with the Dubai 24hrs. I've been using the AI driver to help with the workload and then at the end of the day I am putting my PS4 in to rest mode. I've tried it twice now and on both occasions it has frozen after several hours, both times when I have come in to the pits and clicked 'Swap Driver'. It freezes at the exact moment the car should be released for the stop, i.e. when the mechanic starts to move out the way. Any ideas why this is and whether there is a workaround? Thanks in advance."

The above is copied and pasted straight from the PS4 forum. Because of the above issue I traded in my PS4 copy and got a PC copy hoping this would solve the issue, but on my first attempt at a 24hr race the EXACT same thing happened. Now this has got me thinking about what I might be doing to cause this and I can think of one thing that I have done consistently on both PC and PS4 that could possibly be causing this issue - I always pause the game in the pits (just seems like a logical stopping point) and the last thing I do is always watch a replay of the last 2 minutes and then turn the TV off whilst still in replay mode (I know that might sound odd but don't ask, its just the last shot of the replay is picture perfect and quite a nice image to turn the TV back on to!).

Could it possibly be the case that any of this is confusing the game when I come back and go to play it again? I would really appreciate any advice on this from people better in the know than me. Thanks!

Fanapryde
03-06-2017, 17:34
Could it possibly be the case that any of this is confusing the game when I come back and go to play it again? I would really appreciate any advice on this from people better in the know than me. Thanks!
Well, it could be. For 24hr races (some of them all by myself - using pause - others with the help of AI, also using pause sometimes) I never had this issue, not on PS4, not on PC. And I did a lot of them... (43 seasons on PC, forgot how many on PS4).
Edit: come to think of it, they were always in career mode though...
Did you try without the replays ?

Mahjik
03-06-2017, 19:42
It seems like you have repeatable steps. The next thing to do is to alter "one" of the steps. i.e. next time, don't do the replay and see if that alters the behavior.

DanBeats90
03-06-2017, 20:10
Well, it could be. For 24hr races (some of them all by myself - using pause - others with the help of AI, also using pause sometimes) I never had this issue, not on PS4, not on PC. And I did a lot of them... (43 seasons on PC, forgot how many on PS4).
Edit: come to think of it, they were always in career mode though...
Did you try without the replays ?

Well it's encouraging to know that somebody has done it without issues. I wouldn't have thought quick race mode would make a difference. I'll try doing it again but without replay and maybe pausing it mid lap as opposed to in the pits to see if that makes a difference.

Like I said the fact that I've had exactly the same issue on different platforms is encouraging I guess in the sense it must be something I'm doing. Thanks for the help.

Mahjik
03-06-2017, 20:18
Merging threads. Please do not spam multiple sections of the forum with the same post.