PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans Announcement.

Stewy32
04-06-2017, 09:19
Hi guys,
Most people are expecting a Le Mans/Endurance based announcement very soon so what do you think will be in it?

Stewy32
04-06-2017, 09:54
I think the LMP1s (4 hybrids?!), LMP2s and LMGTEs (All 6?!) will be announced

breyzipp
04-06-2017, 10:12
I think there will be 2 articles:
* One about the modern cars (LMP1, maybe LMP2 and GTE) and the modern track (and the fact that it's now laser scanned!).
* The second article will be about the Group C cars and 1998 Le Mans (since they already have a handful of cars from that ERA and 1998 specifically was already brought up by Andy Tudor in another interview) and hopefully also the Group 6 prototypes (Porsche 936 and Alpine 442B). And I have my fingers crossed a classic pre-1990 Le Mans circuit (without the double chicane in the Mulsane straight) will also be announced.

dault3883
04-06-2017, 11:28
well considering Le Mans is LMP1/LMP2/GTLM/GT3 i would hope they would have some announcements about some of the cars from those classes

gregc
04-06-2017, 11:34
well considering Le Mans is LMP1/LMP2/GTLM/GT3 i would hope they would have some announcements about some of the cars from those classes

There's no GT3 class in Le Mans/WEC, just GTE Pro & Am.

GenBrien
04-06-2017, 11:47
personally I just hope they'll focus on correct/exact night lighting/indications :yes:

dault3883
04-06-2017, 12:24
GTE am is GT3 If im not mistaken or Larbre Competitions Corvettes would be right up there with Corvette racing correct me if im wrong

RacingAtHome
04-06-2017, 12:56
GTE am is GT3 If im not mistaken or Larbre Competitions Corvettes would be right up there with Corvette racing correct me if im wrong

No. It's still GTE.

dault3883
04-06-2017, 13:02
No. It's still GTE.

then what is the difference between GTE pro and GTE am cars

RacingAtHome
04-06-2017, 13:31

That the drivers are of lower quality. No change in the cars. Sometimes, they are older but that's it.

breyzipp
04-06-2017, 13:33
Pro = Professional drivers. Am = either full amature drivers or else a mixed team of professional drivers and amature drivers. Not exactly sure tbh.

bradleyland
04-06-2017, 15:22

GTE-Am cars have to be at least a year older. Basically, GTE-Pro runs the latest kit, and these cars trickle down to GTE-Am.

snipeme77
04-06-2017, 15:47
I maybe a minority here, but I think Le Mans shouldn't have classes. Run what you bring, and make technology the forefront of the race.

dault3883
04-06-2017, 16:18
I maybe a minority here, but I think Le Mans shouldn't have classes. Run what you bring, and make technology the forefront of the race.

i disagree the classes are essential other wise the GT cars wouldnt race there. by having classes you have class winners and overall winner therefore giving the GT cars and LMP2 cars incentive to run there.

mkstatto
04-06-2017, 16:31
I'd love if they could get the LED positioning working in these Le Mans classes, would look ace in night-time.

dault3883
04-06-2017, 17:01
I'd love if they could get the LED positioning working in these Le Mans classes, would look ace in night-time.

in the game yes that would be awesome

FS7
04-06-2017, 18:11
Le Mans tesers will probably include LiveTrack3.0 features, dynamic weather, day/night transition, maybe something related to manual pitstops.

TexasTyme214
04-06-2017, 19:37
I think it'll mostly be about a historic layout of the track coming in game.

bradleyland
05-06-2017, 17:32

Says you and everyone else with no knowledge of motorsports history. The only reason that motorsport exists today is because of homologation and class structures. It's the only way to keep the sport safe enough that it can continue to exist.

RacingAtHome
05-06-2017, 17:37

Teams will just have an unofficial class win instead of a class win. That's the great thing about multiclass racing. You have tiers of cars and different driving techniques.

Mahjik
05-06-2017, 18:34

Classing helps create competition. Without classing, the manufacturer who spends the most money will win. That is somewhat true today, but with a much smaller window. Classing today at least gives the "little guys" a chance to compete.

snipeme77
05-06-2017, 20:41
Says you and everyone else with no knowledge of motorsports history. The only reason that motorsport exists today is because of homologation and class structures. It's the only way to keep the sport safe enough that it can continue to exist.

Excuse you, I do have a fairly decent knowledge of the history of racing, albeit more in the US than Europe.

That being said, I get your point, and your right. Classes and some sort of structure is important in racing, especially multi class racing. But I still think there should be a class or a racing series with little to no rules because that's when the most innovation happens. People are free to do whatever, and come up with whatever as long as it makes the cars faster. That being said, most of what will be developed now will be handling and fuel economy related over speed. Today's race cars already push the limits of what the race tracks can safely handle and what drivers are willing to drive. Since there's almost nothing to be gained giving the cars more power, all that development money will go to handling and making the car corner better as well as maximizing fuel economy and even developing a new power source. Who knows.

Like I said, I knew I would be a minority here, and with good reason. But with today's minds and technology, I would like to see just how far and fast we could go.

snipeme77
05-06-2017, 20:46
Classing helps create competition. Without classing, the manufacturer who spends the most money will win. That is somewhat true today, but with a much smaller window. Classing today at least gives the "little guys" a chance to compete.

Yeah I agree with that. However I point you to Super GT500. Yes it's a class and yes the cars are based off of the DTM rule book, but the manufacturers are allowed to spend as much as they want on the car and chassis, even during the season. So the balance of power swaps back and forth relatively quickly.

dault3883
05-06-2017, 20:53
Yeah I agree with that. However I point you to Super GT500. Yes it's a class and yes the cars are based off of the DTM rule book, but the manufacturers are allowed to spend as much as they want on the car and chassis, even during the season. So the balance of power swaps back and forth relatively quickly.

you miss the point though until recently Le Mans was a stand alone event if you didnt have classes you would just have the top manufacturer spend outrageous sums of money to create some ludicris fast race car. ALSO Classes have always Made Le Mans What it is take away the Classes and its not the same any more.

SO to end it LE MANS is just fine the way it is it doesnt need any changes what so ever.

Mahjik
05-06-2017, 21:02

That is pretty much the same outside of F1. Most teams are allowed to continue to develop their cars and improve them during the season within the class rules. However, outside of F1 and DTM, there aren't many direct works efforts so there isn't much development outside of the basics. In WEC, they have now limited the LMP's to two aero kits so they aren't changing a much as they have been in the past.

I get what you are saying though, but there is a reason for the limits and it's mainly just to allow for competition. It's always a good story when you see the little team beat the big teams. ;) That can't happen without some limits here and there.

bradleyland
05-06-2017, 21:08
Excuse you, I do have a fairly decent knowledge of the history of racing, albeit more in the US than Europe.

That being said, I get your point, and your right. Classes and some sort of structure is important in racing, especially multi class racing. But I still think there should be a class or a racing series with little to no rules because that's when the most innovation happens. People are free to do whatever, and come up with whatever as long as it makes the cars faster. That being said, most of what will be developed now will be handling and fuel economy related over speed. Today's race cars already push the limits of what the race tracks can safely handle and what drivers are willing to drive. Since there's almost nothing to be gained giving the cars more power, all that development money will go to handling and making the car corner better as well as maximizing fuel economy and even developing a new power source. Who knows.

Like I said, I knew I would be a minority here, and with good reason. But with today's minds and technology, I would like to see just how far and fast we could go.

I never said you lack knowledge of motorsport history, I just said you share an opinion with people who do ;)

I'd love to see what happens if you remove all restrictions. I think most of us would. Just imagine 300+ MPH down Mulsanne. Variable geometry aero, that would allow cars to take the Laguna Seca corkscrew as if it were a regular old chicane. Engines and hybrid drive systems that push 3,000 HP!

It'll never happen though, because the cars would be impossibly expensive, and there's no amount of safety preparation that will save a driver from a 300+ MPH crash.

That's why "run what you brung" will never happen.

RomKnight
05-06-2017, 21:31
Costs control is a good thing. Te result... recently, look at the success of lmp3 and lmp2. Never we had so much cars on track and this means competition.

In 2018 BMW will join WEC.

24h races decided on the last lap.

Racing was never so good because more teams can join and yet, cars were never so efficient.

Even noise restrictions are not that bad. Cars still sound good and loud (more than enough IMO) even if people complain.

Sure the old days were fun and hearing those classics (YT video don't count) is a a lifetime experience and I will miss them. But they were also unreliable as hell until not long ago and manufacturers/teams had no such cost control... and lets not go to the safety side :)

dault3883
05-06-2017, 21:32
I never said you lack knowledge of motorsport history, I just said you share an opinion with people who do ;)

I'd love to see what happens if you remove all restrictions. I think most of us would. Just imagine 300+ MPH down Mulsanne. Variable geometry aero, that would allow cars to take the Laguna Seca corkscrew as if it were a regular old chicane. Engines and hybrid drive systems that push 3,000 HP!

It'll never happen though, because the cars would be impossibly expensive, and there's no amount of safety preparation that will save a driver from a 300+ MPH crash.

That's why "run what you brung" will never happen.

agreed a very valid point Safety should always come before spectacle

snipeme77
05-06-2017, 21:46
agreed a very valid point Safety should always come before spectacle

Agreed. I'll wait for a EDR, and teleportation

dault3883
05-06-2017, 22:53

youve been watching too much hot wheels acceleracers LOL

hkraft300
06-06-2017, 02:31

SGT and DTM are highly restrictive in their rulesets.
LMP1 had been the closest to "run what you bring" you're speaking of, with Audi introducing diesel power, subsequently hybrid. At one point there was a turbo 6 (LMP1L), v4 turbo hybrid (919), hybrid diesel (r18), hybrid v8 (ts040).
In the past there were v6-12 engines up and down the le Mans LMP grid.
There was some BoP with fuel tank capacity and it's basically an energy formula.
They're capping the development currently because there's a rule change coming, and ATM it's just Porsche vs Toyota since Audi left.

IMSA DPi are now running LMP2 spec chassis with choice of engines.

Where have you been?

PS Porsche manages to run MGU-H turbo in their cars for 24 hour race. Without fail.
Honda mgu-h can barely run for an hour without breaking :hopelessness:

snipeme77
06-06-2017, 02:58
youve been watching too much hot wheels acceleracers LOL

Just happy someone got the reference

Scuderia Paul
07-06-2017, 22:14
Announcements related to Le Mans will probably include the ability to perform online driver swaps, the rumoured Le Mans classic layout and the leaked Toyota TS020 GT-one. That would be a nice start to a Le Mans reveal.

Azure Flare
07-06-2017, 22:19
and the leaked Toyota TS020 GT-one.

When did this happen?

Scuderia Paul
07-06-2017, 23:14
When did this happen?
There was a leaked video of the 1998 GT-one at Monza about 2 months ago. It looked terrific, as all the cars do I suppose, and took me by surprise because it is my favourite sports-car ever and I have been living to see it come to a sim for years.

The video did not last long before being removed.

dault3883
07-06-2017, 23:32
There was a leaked video of the 1998 GT-one at Monza about 2 months ago. It looked terrific, as all the cars do I suppose, and took me by surprise because it is my favourite sports-car ever and I have been living to see it come to a sim for years.

The video did not last long before being removed.

i remember that car being in Gran Turismo 2

VelvetTorpedo
08-06-2017, 03:19
Announcements related to Le Mans will probably include the ability to perform online driver swaps, the rumoured Le Mans classic layout and the leaked Toyota TS020 GT-one. That would be a nice start to a Le Mans reveal.

I just watched this video the other day thinking how great the TS020 was, wishing it was in pcars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GX4Mp_NJh8

dault3883
08-06-2017, 03:25
I just watched this video the other day thinking how great the TS020 was, wishing it was in pcars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GX4Mp_NJh8

yep that car was in Gran Turismo 2 it handled horribly pushed like a dump truck in the corners

Azure Flare
08-06-2017, 04:17
Something something tires going kablooey something something...

Scuderia Paul
08-06-2017, 11:33
When did this happen?
The Toyota GT-one has been seen officially in the new and amazing E3 trailer.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 11:49

Whats that last car in the picture

Scuderia Paul
08-06-2017, 11:56
What's that last car in the picture?
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM which was in PCars1.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 12:03
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM which was in PCars1.

so its in pcars 2 with different liveries?

KANETAKER
08-06-2017, 13:03
Ligier JS P2 LMP2 was confirmed at the new E3 trailer.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 13:07
Ligier JS P2 LMP2 was confirmed at the new E3 trailer.

wonder how long before some one has the Patron Liveries made up for it

KANETAKER
08-06-2017, 14:30
wonder how long before some one has the Patron Liveries made up for it

The problem is that ESM Patron not use Ligier JS P2 anymore after 2016 IMSA season. In this 2017 IMSA Season the ESM Patron are using the Nissan DPi, and some fans of prototype cars are want to know if there will be DPi cars in PCARS2 or not. (Nissan, Cadillac, Riley, Mazda).

dault3883
08-06-2017, 14:35
The problem is that ESM Patron not use Ligier JS P2 anymore after 2016 IMSA season. In this 2017 IMSA Season the ESM Patron are using the Nissan DPi, and some fans of prototype cars are want to know if there will be DPi cars in PCARS2 or not. (Nissan, Cadillac, Riley, Mazda).

doesnt mean that there wont be liveries made by fans of the Patron especially when there where Dale Jr designs done for the Ford Fusion Stock car

KANETAKER
08-06-2017, 14:55
doesnt mean that there wont be liveries made by fans of the Patron especially when there where Dale Jr designs done for the Ford Fusion Stock car

The problem with the option of custom liveries is that only the person who has the same livery file (or same MOD) on the computer can see it. (as PCARS1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-6U51WCgEk&t=9s This is my custom livery of ESM Patron from the 2016 WEC.

dault3883
08-06-2017, 14:59
The problem with the option of custom liveries is that only the person who has the same livery file (or same MOD) on the computer can see it. (as PCARS1).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-6U51WCgEk&t=9s This is my custom livery of ESM Patron from the 2016 WEC.

well i play offline so thats not a problem

Azure Flare
08-06-2017, 16:53

And there is another unnanounced car in there too.

dhosein
19-07-2017, 11:50
The problem with the option of custom liveries is that only the person who has the same livery file (or same MOD) on the computer can see it.

I don't understand why that's a problem these days. 20 Years ago, the likes of Half-Life & Counterstrike had the ability to download custom maps peer-to-peer for any server you joined so that you could play without having to hunt around for downloads.
That was 20 years ago.

By comparison, livery files are a lot smaller and download speed whole magnitudes of order quicker. Why can't any missing liveries simply be downloaded in the process of joining the server? That shouldn't be difficult to achieve in this day and age.

finagle69
19-07-2017, 15:39
I don't understand why that's a problem these days. 20 Years ago, the likes of Half-Life & Counterstrike had the ability to download custom maps peer-to-peer for any server you joined so that you could play without having to hunt around for downloads.
That was 20 years ago.

By comparison, livery files are a lot smaller and download speed whole magnitudes of order quicker. Why can't any missing liveries simply be downloaded in the process of joining the server? That shouldn't be difficult to achieve in this day and age.

Not every game had that capability. Look at UT2k3, etc. if you didn't have the proper map, you couldn't join the session. if you didn't have the custom player skin, you'd see a default skin. You had to download everything manually for that.

Eric Rowland
19-07-2017, 17:56
Announcements related to Le Mans will probably include ......... the rumoured Le Mans classic layout.......
That would be too good to be true.....!!!

dault3883
19-07-2017, 18:02
That would be too good to be true.....!!!

as iv said before you cant just say classic le mans layout there have been several through the years, and what forza calls classic with out the chicanes is not classic these are classic layouts for Le Mans

http://racingcircuits.info/europe/france/le-mans/#.WW-eIogrLIU

http://www.virtua-lm.com/lemans/history.php

dan2312
19-07-2017, 18:02
It will feature the real names of the drivers, the drivers have done the racing line for the AI to follow.

The actual race teams will be represented in the game?

that's my 2p.

KANETAKER
19-07-2017, 20:44
as iv said before you cant just say classic le mans layout there have been several through the years, and what forza calls classic with out the chicanes is not classic these are classic layouts for Le Mans

http://racingcircuits.info/europe/france/le-mans/#.WW-eIogrLIU

http://www.virtua-lm.com/lemans/history.php

1979 - 1986 is a very good option for LeMans Classic. Just a intermediate point between old LeMans and Modern LeMans.

Eric Rowland
19-07-2017, 21:39
I like the circuit with the long right-hander under the Dunlop bridge and the straight run down to the Esses, no chicanes on the Hunaudieres, either the old run through Maison Blanche or the Porsche Curves layout, and either with or without the Ford Chicane. Versions 1968-1986.....
Maybe one of each....one for the 330P4 and Ford MkIV, and one for the C9, XJR-9, R89C and 962.....:rolleyes:

dault3883
19-07-2017, 21:43
I like the circuit with the long right-hander under the Dunlop bridge and the straight run down to the Esses, no chicanes on the Hunaudieres, either the old run through Maison Blanche or the Porsche Curves layout, and either with or without the Ford Chicane. Versions 1968-1986.....
Maybe one of each....one for the 330P4 and Ford MkIV, and one for the C9, XJR-9, R89C and 962.....:rolleyes:

check out those links and give a year period

Cheesenium
20-07-2017, 02:33

Because of priorities, time and cost. It may be easy to do but there are other priorities that are more important than livery sharing while time and cost is always an issue breathing down on them.