PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Fanatec

vegaguy5555
04-06-2017, 15:44
I just bought the new 1080Ti Friday night. Got home, plugged my computer in, turned it on and my wheel was no longer recognized by Windows 10!!!!

I tried all the old tricks from the past years but still nothing worked. Saturday, still dead and I barely had a chance to play with the new card. Tried requesting help from Fanatec (I know, weekend) no reply. The only thing I could do was ask more questions I truly didn't expect a reply from until Monday.

Then my phone rang and I'm wondering "who the hell is bugging me when my Fanatec v2 wheel isn't working"? It was a very nice and patient man with a German accent asking if I needed help with my wheel.

It wasn't easy but he got it working and I promised to do my best to help anyone having the same problem!

Sorry I can't remember his name but I had a hard time repeating it back when I was thanking him. So I promised to thank Fanatec here.

RomKnight
04-06-2017, 19:10
Another example of the excellent Fanatec customer support.

bporion
04-06-2017, 20:04
I just bought the new 1080Ti Friday night. Got home, plugged my computer in, turned it on and my wheel was no longer recognized by Windows 10!!!!

I tried all the old tricks from the past years but still nothing worked. Saturday, still dead and I barely had a chance to play with the new card. Tried requesting help from Fanatec (I know, weekend) no reply. The only thing I could do was ask more questions I truly didn't expect a reply from until Monday.

Then my phone rang and I'm wondering "who the hell is bugging me when my Fanatec v2 wheel isn't working"? It was a very nice and patient man with a German accent asking if I needed help with my wheel.

It wasn't easy but he got it working and I promised to do my best to help anyone having the same problem!

Sorry I can't remember his name but I had a hard time repeating it back when I was thanking him. So I promised to thank Fanatec here.

so how the he solve the problem ? just in case someone else needs help now or later .

RomKnight
04-06-2017, 21:04
I usually, reinstall the drivers after a windows update (not just fanatec drivers mind you :) )

The creators edition is the 3rd major update to mess up my rig...

I assume it was something along these lines as HW changes can't be made over the phone :D

That or a cable the somehow just disconnected itself happened to me testing ffb by mistake and to make things worse was at night. Wife wasn't pleased...

Fanapryde
04-06-2017, 21:22
Another example of the excellent Fanatec customer support.

Agreed.
Anyone saw the answers on the same topic in the AC forum ? If you did not, don't go look... :suspicion:

I had a few issues in the past with my V2 base, but they got solved very fast by the Fanatec/Endor guys.
Now waiting for their DD wheel that seems to planned for end this year.

vegaguy5555
05-06-2017, 12:14
I was kicking myself for not asking while I had him on the phone. Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading about a Fanatec DD wheel.

Any idea how much?

honespc
05-06-2017, 12:16
Fanatec support is really good. Wished I could say the same about other trademarks..

Americans take these things very seriously, and that's very much appreciated.

Fanapryde
05-06-2017, 12:16
I was kicking myself for not asking while I had him on the phone. Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading about a Fanatec DD wheel.

Any idea how much?
Not yet:

http://www.bsimracing.com/fanatec-direct-drive-wheel-coming-in-q4-2017/

Boskapongen
16-06-2017, 14:15
Ii had same problems with win 10 updates. Then i installed latest beta firmware+drivers, seems to work now after every win 10 update. Version 289 is the one to use. No issues so far.

RomKnight
16-06-2017, 22:54
Installed those day one and yes, 289 have no issues so far

Zpectre87
16-06-2017, 23:14
It's reassuring to see this, because Fanatec products are at the higher end and not every expensive brand is like that.