PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening Tool For VR

vegaguy5555
05-06-2017, 04:21
A couple of years ago I used SweetFX with VR in AC and it work very well. Night and day for clarity without any hit to frame rate.

I can't remember where I read about the sharpening tool for iRacing but it sounds a lot like SweetFX. I haven't tried iRacing lately and would like to hear from anyone who has used this tool with VR.

My question is, do the devs know about this or looked into it for Pcars 2?

Sankyo
05-06-2017, 07:20
A post-processing tool like that will not be part of pC2, but of course you'll be free to use one if needed.

vegaguy5555
11-06-2017, 16:59
Do you mean there are sharpening mod tools out there now?

Sankyo
11-06-2017, 17:26
Do you mean there are sharpening mod tools out there now?

Not sure, but there have been post-processing tools for a while that work fine with pC1 so I guess it will be the same for pC2.

EDIT, wait, this is for VR, not familiar with that. Someone else needs to answer this then.

BullWinkle
12-06-2017, 01:22
Maybe this?
http://www.techradar.com/news/this-tool-will-sharpen-virtual-reality-vive-and-oculus-headset-visuals

Mad Al
12-06-2017, 08:32
Maybe this?
http://www.techradar.com/news/this-tool-will-sharpen-virtual-reality-vive-and-oculus-headset-visuals

No, I think he's talking about something that works like Gimp Unsharp filter, which effectively changes the brightness/contrast of edges to make them pop out more.. in fact it does something like the opposite of AA, which blurs edges...

Apparently SweetFX used to work with Rift but due to changes in the way it works (Direct vs extended mode), it no longer does.

Super sampling is definitely included (it's res scale in PC1)...

BullWinkle
13-06-2017, 01:27
No, I think he's talking about something that works like Gimp Unsharp filter, which effectively changes the brightness/contrast of edges to make them pop out more.. in fact it does something like the opposite of AA, which blurs edges...

Apparently SweetFX used to work with Rift but due to changes in the way it works (Direct vs extended mode), it no longer does.

Super sampling is definitely included (it's res scale in PC1)...

Ah! OK. Thanks Mad Al for the enlightenment.:)
As a reward I spelled your name right this time. :o