PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia - Both paddles

Agent oo23
07-06-2017, 01:47
I have a Thrustmaster TX with the stock wheel (Ferrari 458 Italia Edition). Both paddle shifters do double shifts or just don’t shift. Very annoying… It’s obviously a mechanical problem because when it works, you can hear the “click”. No “click”, no shift. “Soft click”, random behavior. Or kind of. Sometimes it helps pressing the top or the bottom of the paddles rather than the web, but it’s not what I am expecting from such a toy. Same thing happens on PC and Xbox One, Project Cars and Forza.

I had the same problem one year ago and luckily, it went away by itself. Luckily because I tried to get support from Thrustmaster and they asked me for a video to show the problem, but I have never been able to upload it on their site. And now the problem is back again.

Considering I am not interested in a "H" shifter and the system has to be compatible with PC and Xbox one, and would like to keep the servo base and the pedals, do you have a wheel to recommend to replace the stock wheel? "599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition", "TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On" or "Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition" or something else?

Or better, is there a way to fix the tact switches?

Thanks

p.s. Please don’t tell me the Fanatec Club Sport is better. I know! Later, but not there yet.

Mahjik
07-06-2017, 02:05
I have the ThrustMaster F599XX EVO 30 wheel and IMO it's one of the best options.

RC-5PO
08-06-2017, 01:26
Try contacting Bodin Solutions for the switches
http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BSW-T500-B_Paddle_Shifter_Switch/p1644578_10453689.aspx

When the shifter switches on my F1 rim stopped working Thrustmaster sent me a repair kit that pops in to fix the problem.

honespc
08-06-2017, 07:56
I have t300 with the gte wheel. Paddles are beginning to fail too, specially the left one. Cuorious since the left one for downshift is used way less than the one on the right