PDA

View Full Version : Question about Porsche 918

ProjectCARSFiend
09-06-2017, 12:21
I know this is only minor, but I just wanted to know, in the final game, is the Porsche 918 going to have these weird aero fin things on the bottom/outsides of the rear bumper?

If it is going to have them, would it be possible to just have to standard stock version like this without them? I just think it looks way better.

Mahjik
09-06-2017, 12:30
The version in PC2 will have the added aero. The manufacturer determines what they do or do not want to see in the sims.

dault3883
09-06-2017, 12:35
I know this is only minor, but I just wanted to know, in the final game, is the Porsche 918 going to have these weird aero fin things on the bottom/outsides of the rear bumper?

If it is going to have them, would it be possible to just have to standard stock version like this without them? I just think it looks way better.

Plus those Aero rear bumper it serves a real purpose its not for looks

Zpectre87
09-06-2017, 12:47
Aren't the flaps from the Weissach package? If so, no reason not to have them. It's like having an M3/M4 without ZCP. :D

Mahjik
09-06-2017, 13:05
Aren't the flaps from the Weissach package? If so, no reason not to have them. It's like having an M3/M4 without ZCP. :D

SMS can only do what Porsche requests. Every car model, shape, skin and color has to be approved by the manufacturer.

ProjectCARSFiend
09-06-2017, 13:06
Would it be possible at all that they could get removed? I honestly just think the stock version looks a lot better, especially the rims.

dault3883
09-06-2017, 13:10
Would it be possible at all that they could get removed? I honestly just think the stock version looks a lot better, especially the rims.

i think by now its too late for stuff like that september 22 is the release date

ProjectCARSFiend
09-06-2017, 13:11
I know it's obviously not just for looks, I honestly don't care if I miss out on the tiny effect they might have if I the car can look how I like. It's not like the car's not going to be fast still.

ProjectCARSFiend
09-06-2017, 13:12
They could always do it in a patch.

dault3883
09-06-2017, 13:14
They could always do it in a patch.

i honestly dont think its going to happen why dont you people get that they put in the game EXACTLY what the Manufactures allow and tell them too its not up for discussion end of subject

Mahjik
09-06-2017, 13:20

Unless Porsche requested it, no. Again, all of the 3D models (as well as the car colors and skins) must be approved by every manufacturer.

dault3883
09-06-2017, 13:22
Unless Porsche requested it, no. Again, all of the 3D models (as well as the car colors and skins) must be approved by every manufacturer.

i think this thread is finished he keeps repeating himself at this point

ProjectCARSFiend
09-06-2017, 23:06
The reason I keep mentioning it is because I don't see why it would be such a big deal to change such a minor aspect of the car. It would still be exactly the same car, it's not like it's changing much, if anything really.

dault3883
09-06-2017, 23:11
The reason I keep mentioning it is because I don't see why it would be such a big deal to change such a minor aspect of the car. It would still be exactly the same car, it's not like it's changing much, if anything really.

because as stated before SMS has ZERO say in what goes on the cars that is all up to the Car Manufacturers so in this case its all up to Porsche

proterra1
09-06-2017, 23:23
It would still be exactly the same car, it's not like it's changing much, if anything really.
It changes the performance of the car a fair bit. For example, from wikipedia:

"Porsche 918 Spyder has a power to weight ratio of 1.92 kg (4.23 lb) per horsepower.
Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach Package has a power to weight ratio of 1.84 kg (4.06 lb) per horsepower."

And that doesn't include the effects of the aero, it's only considering the weight difference.

Mahjik
09-06-2017, 23:39

This is the version Porsche allowed to be licensed.

breyzipp
10-06-2017, 00:10
So much fuss for just another hypercar... I find the other 10 Porsches a lot more interesting. ;)

Rodgerzzz
10-06-2017, 12:54

Get this man on the phone to Porsche's marketing department immediately, they obviously haven't realised they've licensed the wrong winglets! :eek:

Zpectre87
10-06-2017, 15:58
SMS can only do what Porsche requests. Every car model, shape, skin and color has to be approved by the manufacturer.

I understand there are commercial implications. My point was, if the flaps are part of the Weissach package, you can be sure the car in the game will have them, because it's in Porsche's best interest to have the best version of their car in the game.

EHM
13-06-2017, 05:52
The normal 918 is slightly better looking in my opinion, but only because of the rims being darker which I think suit it more. The rear aero addons are only a tiny detail, it's a bit ridiculous to ask for such a change.

I'd take the Weissach over the normal 918 any day, you'd want the optimal performing model as is the philosophy behind the car itself, although that's coming from someone who's been waiting forever to take the 918 around the Ring in a Project CARS game.

Even though I race in cockpit view 90% of the time, I'm grateful they seemed to have atleast included a normal paint/film option instead of just the two available Weissach Vinyls, which I think look very out of place on the car.

I swear a silver/dark grey finish and the 918 are a match made in Heaven.

ProjectCARSFiend
13-06-2017, 13:59
The normal 918 is slightly better looking in my opinion, but only because of the rims being darker which I think suit it more. The rear aero addons are only a tiny detail, it's a bit ridiculous to ask for such a change.

I'd take the Weissach over the normal 918 any day, you'd want the optimal performing model as is the philosophy behind the car itself, although that's coming from someone who's been waiting forever to take the 918 around the Ring in a Project CARS game.

Even though I race in cockpit view 90% of the time, I'm grateful they seemed to have atleast included a normal paint/film option instead of just the two available Weissach Vinyls, which I think look very out of place on the car.

I swear a silver/dark grey finish and the 918 are a match made in Heaven.

I pretty much agree with most of what you said. Regarding the performance, yeah I get what you said about wanting the best performing model/version in the game, it's just with me, the small loss of performance we'd have to accept by just having the stock standard version of the car honestly wouldn't bother me at all. Again, I get what you were saying, that's just me. I definitely agree with you as well that the Weissach vinyl does look kinda weird on the car and I'm glad too that it looks like they're going to let us have the silver/dark finish (along with some other colours hopefully).