PDA

View Full Version : What about track accuracy and own liverys ?

Johnny_91
11-06-2017, 19:56
Hi,

in PC1 i really loved the alive feel in the game, but i soon stopped playing the game, because lacking of the manual pit stop, the arcadish flying start of the race (no introduction round) and because of the missing honour round back to the pits after the race was held. As Project Cars 2 feature all of this missing features, i`ve gained back interest in the game. For me personally its important to have that feeling to be 100% into the racing season, wich in reallife starts first with preperations months before the first race of the team. So what you gonna do ? You hold private testings to prepare the team and driver for the season. As above stated i will be 100% into the racing season and want to simulate a real time racing season, with a few 12h and 24h races. As no one of the currents sims except rfactor2 and Automobilista, gives me this opportunity i wanna try it with PC2, wich looks like playing in 2017, yeah, lets face it, there you go its out. :D

As a very accurate person that i am, i`m question me these two questions:

1. Is it possible to hide the fans, cranes, tents, flags and especially the camera flashes, for a private testing day on the track ? What i want to say is, that in reallife when you test with your team in private conditions at a certain track, there are no thousands of fans, cranes, tents and flags at the track. Please don`t call me boring, but i really want this, for me it adds to the realism.

2. Is it possible to put own liverys into the game ? I think i heared somehow about a livery editor in the past, but i don`t really know.

If someone can confirm me these two questions with a "yes", i`d gonna be one of the happyest guy on the world and simulate the shit out of my cockpit. ;)

Sorry for bad english.

regards,

Mahjik
11-06-2017, 20:48
1. Certain sessions will have zero or low crowds. However, this won't directly affect 3D assets, but more of the crowd/bystanders.

2. More information will be mentioned in this area later.

breyzipp
11-06-2017, 21:52
Not a big fan of livery editors myself but what Codemasters did with the "branding" in Dirt 4 is really cool. You can either use a rare realistic livery (or realistic-based in case it has tobaco sponsors on it) or else you can quickly add some sponsors, themes and colours to your cars yourself. The latter works really well IMO and it allows people like me who don't really care about investing hours and hours in livery editing to quickly fix something cool looking in 5-10 minutes.

dault3883
11-06-2017, 22:16
Not a big fan of livery editors myself but what Codemasters did with the "branding" in Dirt 4 is really cool. You can either use a rare realistic livery (or realistic-based in case it has tobaco sponsors on it) or else you can quickly add some sponsors, themes and colours to your cars yourself. The latter works really well IMO and it allows people like me who don't really care about investing hours and hours in livery editing to quickly fix something cool looking in 5-10 minutes.

i like making my own skemes IN Game but im horrible at it on photoshop or what ever

here is a picture of a paint scheme i made on Nascar 2015 Victory Edition which has an in-game paint shop

Johnny_91
12-06-2017, 20:52
1. Certain sessions will have zero or low crowds. However, this won't directly affect 3D assets, but more of the crowd/bystanders.

2. More information will be mentioned in this area later.

I think that suits me well. I hope i really can hardcore simulate a proper GT3/GT4 based endurance season. Cant wait for it, sounds too awesome.