PDA

View Full Version : Online Championships - possible to include AI?

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 07:16
I like the idea of having online championships that I can do with my friends, but my big question is, do all cars need to be human-controlled, or can we add AI cars to round out the field? I only have a couple of friends that I would be racing with, and the idea of only having a 3 or 4 car grid would be pretty lame.

Also, does anyone know if it will be possible to save/resume an online championship at ANY point within a session, or only between sessions? Just curious how that's going to work.

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 15:10
You can add AI (and the AI will be consistent for the championship).

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 15:18
That's great news, thanks Mahjik! Not that I'm questioning the validity of your information, but I'm curious how you know this? Do you have a link you can point me to, perhaps?

Jorge_pzg
13-06-2017, 17:06
You can add AI (and the AI will be consistent for the championship).

So, could you make a full offline championship with AI?

hkraft300
13-06-2017, 17:09
I'm curious how you know this?

Say his name.

Nope. It's online championship with AI only ;)

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 17:30

At this time, it's online only. Unknown if there will be the same complement offline.

OddTimer
13-06-2017, 17:51
hum....this is good news...you can have a full championship with the AI online....I like that =]

seb02
13-06-2017, 18:49
At this time, it's online only. Unknown if there will be the same complement offline.

Wow, I have a little trouble following this debate that interests me though. Is it possible to make an online championship with only AI? IF yes, it sounds like an offline championship with an internet connection and a mandatory live subscription. I'm good?

Trippul G
13-06-2017, 18:57
While I obviously can't say for sure, as I only have access to the same information you do, that's kind of what it sounds like to me. One catch possibly being that you'd be limited to a certain number of opponents such as 12 or 16 total (I'm just making up numbers here), depending on the limitations of the online capabilities of the game and its lobby system.

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 18:58
Is it possible to make an online championship with only AI? IF yes, it sounds like an offline championship with an internet connection and a mandatory live subscription. I'm good?

I can't speak to this directly, but my understanding is that would be a yes.

seb02
13-06-2017, 19:02

Thank you for your answer. Do you think we'll get an official response soon? I have not yet pre-ordered PC2 because I expect some offline custom championship news.

Mahjik
13-06-2017, 19:05
Thank you for your answer. Do you think we'll get an official response soon? I have not yet pre-ordered PC2 because I expect some offline custom championship news.

There should be more in this space over the next month (which will be within plenty of time if you want to get in on the pre-orders).

seb02
13-06-2017, 19:05
While I obviously can't say for sure, as I only have access to the same information you do, that's kind of what it sounds like to me. One catch possibly being that you'd be limited to a certain number of opponents such as 12 or 16 total (I'm just making up numbers here), depending on the limitations of the online capabilities of the game and its lobby system.

Yes you are right, the limited numbers of IA can be a problem for offline races...

seb02
13-06-2017, 19:07
There should be more in this space over the next month (which will be within plenty of time if you want to get in on the pre-orders).

ok. Thanks Mahjik

FIA
04-07-2017, 01:57
So it could be setup has a Private champ lobby and not public lobby, so only you are the human player if so that would be a good point to this...

breyzipp
04-07-2017, 02:05

Very interesting! Would be great indeed

Jocker
04-07-2017, 18:45
So it could be setup has a Private champ lobby and not public lobby, so only you are the human player if so that would be a good point to this...

I hope !!!!!

FIA
11-07-2017, 00:29
Can people joining a online championship that has started and is like 2 or 3 races in, join between races , or is this now locked to them only that made it to the start lobby for that championship?
so that champ is now hidden from lobbys?

seb02
10-09-2017, 19:17
Project cars 2 is released in less than 2 weeks. Finally, is it possible to include AI in the online championship? The answers were rather optimistic but what is the official response? Maybe an SMS person can answer us, I think this is important information. thank you in advance.

Trippul G
12-09-2017, 06:13
Well, looks like we're officially going to have to wait til release to get an answer now. Call me a pessimist, but I have a feeling that we're going to be disappointed that this isn't in the game. I sure hope I'm wrong, but it feels like if it were, we'd have known about it by now.

OddTimer
12-09-2017, 12:35
Update from Ian (posted today):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread-coming-september-22nd-2017.342814/page-224#post-11938985

Online drive swap update also posted today: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread-coming-september-22nd-2017.342814/page-224#post-11938985

Trippul G
12-09-2017, 14:44
Thanks for those links. That does sound encouraging. Though, if i'm going to be ultra picky, he didn't specifically say he expects us to be able to race exclusively against AI. In PCARS1 I could do multiplayer racing against AI, but not exclusively against them...I still needed at least one other human opponent.

I think (hope?) that the devs are clever enough to realize the difference between this and what we're actually asking for, and that is, an online championship with only one human driver and the rest of the field as AI.

seb02
13-09-2017, 08:14
Thanks for those links. That does sound encouraging. Though, if i'm going to be ultra picky, he didn't specifically say he expects us to be able to race exclusively against AI. In PCARS1 I could do multiplayer racing against AI, but not exclusively against them...I still needed at least one other human opponent.

I think (hope?) that the devs are clever enough to realize the difference between this and what we're actually asking for, and that is, an online championship with only one human driver and the rest of the field as AI.

I think Ian and his team are smart enough to understand this. Personally with the AI ​​included in the online championship, I will also use it as a single player against the AI ​​and create a championship for me.

OddTimer
13-09-2017, 08:21
I think Ian and his team are smart enough to understand this. Personally with the AI ​​included in the online championship, I will also use it as a single player against the AI ​​and create a championship for me.
This would be ideal. We should know more about it soon .