PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer online.

WRL Montoya
13-06-2017, 22:47
I can't believe how nobody has mentioned or even asked how many people it is possible to get into a Pcars 2 lobby. 16 just isn't enough. Got to be 20 at least. Does anybody know? If Pcars 2 is built with esports in mind, then surely it should have multiplayer in mind with big lobbies. It's like the community is dodging this question!

jaredinhouston
13-06-2017, 22:49
They are all excited about the new cars and tracks to think of the simple questions. That's why if you got a question ask it :) I know I would love huge online grids.

snipeme77
13-06-2017, 23:28
I can't believe how nobody has mentioned or even asked how many people it is possible to get into a Pcars 2 lobby. 16 just isn't enough. Got to be 20 at least. Does anybody know? If Pcars 2 is built with esports in mind, then surely it should have multiplayer in mind with big lobbies. It's like the community is dodging this question!

Didn't even think about it. Honestly I'm more worried about gamepad controls but yes, I agree. There's no excuse for small online grids.

RacingAtHome
14-06-2017, 01:54

I think many people have asked that in the GTP Q&A and the answer they've got is that they don't know yet. It would make sense for them to establish the max cars in an online lobby as late as possible.

KANETAKER
14-06-2017, 01:57
At PC the Pcars1 can have until 32 players online at the same race. But at Pcars2 with the new cars, a good idea for Pcars2 can be increased the grid of players to 40 or 48. Because in this 2017 Lemans have 60 cars on the grid instead of 56.

honespc
15-06-2017, 06:33
I wouldn't go up the eight cars mark on listen servers. You can see what happens in pc1 anytime somebody has opened a p2p server for instance for 16+ cars. Not to mention the terrible net-code the game sports does not help matters.

Only dedicated servers can handle 8+ cars with the confidence and good performance expected from some steady server (The well known Nords server on PC for instance for Road Cars only), near to everyone if possible, and where everybody acts as a client without no other host than the solitary server.

What we need for pc2 is not a 32 cars grid. We need a decent net-code/online performance, and the people have a brain when opening their listening non-dedicated servers, setting their connections properly, and not going up the 8+cars mark. The dedis some race gropus/clans are always hosting are the places where to run 16+ car races.

hkraft300
15-06-2017, 10:20
On ps4 16 car grid runs OK. If an individual connection is poor, he will lag and it's obvious.
I'm not sure if the current consoles can handle larger grids. I do wish for bigger grids for more multi-class action. As it stands, 16 on console is quite OK.
More news of this will come soon I believe. Keep an eye on the 99% thread :)