PDA

View Full Version : Pit stops and tire/race strategy

Trippul G
14-06-2017, 12:14
What do we know so far regarding pit stops and race strategies?

Specifically, I'd like to see something along the lines of F1 2016's pre-race strategy where you get a graph projecting how many laps your tires are expected to last and you can adjust which compound you'd like to use, which lap you'd like to come in, number of stints, etc. Basic, but effective.

Along those lines, I'd also like to see a way to more easily identify which type of tires both you and your opponents are using. With the default compound being set to "Automatic by weather", I can't tell you how many times I've started a race in mixed conditions and been like, "wait...am I on slicks? Inters maybe? Should I pit soon?"

Likewise, it would be extremely helpful if we had an effective way of knowing that for instance, there are two cars in front of me, but I don't need to fight them because it's raining, I just came in for wets, and they're still both on slicks. Either some sort of on-screen graphic or at least a call from your pit wall to alert you to such situations would really help.

hkraft300
14-06-2017, 13:39
I haven't watched these new videos but the stills of the "regular" hud aren't showing compounds.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1338662&viewfull=1#post1338662

In pc1 you have to check the telemetry screen to know what tyre compound you currently have. Pc2 may be the same situation.

Trippul G
14-06-2017, 18:16
Hmm yeah I haven't seen anything indicating compounds either, in those vids or any others that I've seen. Maybe we'll have the ability to add it as part of a custom HUD configuration? One can hope.

One thing I did notice, especially in that Rallycross video, is that your race engineer seems a lot more chatty this time around. Though he did come across as slightly downbeat and unenthusiastic. I think unless he's really stellar in the final release, and offers some really key information, I'll probably just turn him off (assuming we still have that option) and keep using the Crew Chief app.

hkraft300
14-06-2017, 18:29
Hmm yeah I haven't seen anything indicating compounds either, in those vids or any others that I've seen. Maybe we'll have the ability to add it as part of a custom HUD configuration? One can hope.

I don't see it as necessary on the main hud. A quick glance at the telemetry screen, which I'm sure we'll be able to scroll through like the current game, will tell me enough. That's what I do also. 3Rd party telemetry apps on my phone also I just take a quick glance when I can. Only want critical info on screen.
Hud should be quite customisable, with the new refinement and added data.
Anyway, looking forward to further gameplay vids where the player gives us a glance at the nitty gritty.
Wmd members might be getting their leashes loosened for some gameplay footage too.
Great stuff coming out on yt twitter insta and fb. Keep your eyes peeled!

Mahjik
14-06-2017, 19:14

HUD will be configurable similarly as PC1.

One thing I did notice, especially in that Rallycross video, is that your race engineer seems a lot more chatty this time around. Though he did come across as slightly downbeat and unenthusiastic. I think unless he's really stellar in the final release, and offers some really key information, I'll probably just turn him off (assuming we still have that option) and keep using the Crew Chief app.

There will be the engineer and spotter. You'll be able to enable/disable them separately.