PDA

View Full Version : Since no journalist is asking any important questions at E3....

Javaniceday
16-06-2017, 23:42
gaming isn't politics so I don't mind softball, hype-inducing questions.

But really, I wish they'd answer this.

"What was the toughest bug you've fixed from pCARS1 that is now working flawlessly in pCARS2?"

snipeme77
16-06-2017, 23:50
That was answered in at the launch event. Gamepad handing... (Although I'm still questioning)

Real question should be, what's going on with the career mode? All the interviews, especially the gamespot interview, Bell was just begging to be asked about the career mode.

Javaniceday
17-06-2017, 00:03
That was answered in at the launch event. Gamepad handing... (Although I'm still questioning)

Real question should be, what's going on with the career mode? All the interviews, especially the gamespot interview, Bell was just begging to be asked about the career mode.

true dat, though I don't think that counts as a bug - but yeah, that's a good one. So I want him to explain about others.

I'm still waiting to hear if the weather will be scripted in the career mode. And if random weather means we'll have a thunderstorm, followed by dry weather, followed by a snow storm, followed by fog.

There's still a lot that needs to be cleared up, and just saying "we took care of all of it" isn't quite enough.

breyzipp
17-06-2017, 00:23
Any link to those interviews? Tried to find the gamespot one but ended up with another Andy Tudor interview

FS7
17-06-2017, 00:49
"What was the toughest bug you've fixed from pCARS1 that is now working flawlessly in pCARS2?"
Personally I think it would be interesting if instead of getting fixed bugs would get squashed on my windshield like irl, then the bug gets washed from my windshield with LiveTrack3.0 rain, that's ultimate sim realism right there.

Zpectre87
17-06-2017, 01:27
The R8 V10 gearbox thing, probably. It was a severe one and it eluded them enough for it to remain unfixed to this day.

seb02
17-06-2017, 06:51
There are many new features in PC2, it is a real step forward in the world of simulation. My question would be: why did you "cancel" the offline custom championship? I mean, it's a feature much requested on PC1, there is the online championship so why not propose the same thing for offline players?
And second question: the ovals made a lot of talk about them on PC1. Will it be this time, a career stockcar in pc2?

hkraft300
17-06-2017, 11:07
I'd like to know if DLC cars will only be 1-off invitational events or they'll be integrated with full career seasons.
We're all betting on some epic cars to come as dlc (like the current launch version car list isn't epic enough!). It'd be unfortunate to have, say, a 2015/6 LMP1 DLC car having a 1-race event.
Also will the higher tiers have longer career races?

I'm still waiting to hear if the weather will be scripted in the career mode.

From the responses at the gtplanet Q&A, I gather weather will be scripted for career mode.
To keep a level playing field.

honespc
17-06-2017, 12:17
Random career weather would certainly raise its replayability value by a thousand percent. I would have liked a simple choice for that before you started a career, just an a) Script weather; and b) Random. Decide

dault3883
17-06-2017, 12:34
What about Mid Race saves for the endurance races like the 6, 12, and 24 Hour races

breyzipp
17-06-2017, 14:22
Random career weather would certainly raise its replayability value by a thousand percent. I would have liked a simple choice for that before you started a career, just an a) Script weather; and b) Random. Decide

What I didn't like so much in PCARS1 career is that it felt to me that it rained a bit too much in the middle of a race. You know: start in the sun, halfway the race it starts raining and by the end of the race it's dry again. This scene happened for too much if you ask me, as if they overdone the scripted changing weather a bit too much to promote difficult tyre strategies. I wonder on a global average what the most frequent weather conditions are for a race? I think it's dry 70% of the time, if not more? And the rest is probably either changing from dry to wet or else from wet to dry.

I hope with livetrack 3.0 they will not go overboard scripting the career mode to show off 7 seasons in 1 day in a matter of speach. :) Just look at Le Mans so far, it has been warm and sunny the whole week! all practice, all qualifying and so far the first 1,5 hours of the main race have all been sunny. Of course at night it cools down and rubbering sure will have it's effect but there hasn't even been 1 drop of rain so far. Unlike 2016 where they even drove 1 hour behind a safety car and from then on it was an interesting race on a drying track. ;)

breyzipp
17-06-2017, 14:24
There are many new features in PC2, it is a real step forward in the world of simulation. My question would be: why did you "cancel" the offline custom championship? I mean, it's a feature much requested on PC1, there is the online championship so why not propose the same thing for offline players?
And second question: the ovals made a lot of talk about them on PC1. Will it be this time, a career stockcar in pc2?

Just to make it clear for everyone, my like on your post is for the offline championship, certainly not for the ovals or stockcars. :P

c172fccc
17-06-2017, 15:21
The R8 V10 gearbox thing, probably. It was a severe one and it eluded them enough for it to remain unfixed to this day.

AFAIK, that was not a gearbox issue and not only specific to this car, it was a physic related issue where the car would "reset" when hitting a "bad number". That bug was fixed in two parts for Project CARS 2. First, they reduced the effect that this "reset" would have. I mean that the car would still suddenly stop, but the gearbox was not resetting. Than after, they finally fixed the issue properly, haven't seen it in months now.

seb02
17-06-2017, 16:56
Just to make it clear for everyone, my like on your post is for the offline championship, certainly not for the ovals or stockcars. :P

No problems, each his taste. Personally, I found it very interesting to have a stockcar career. And yes, an offline custom championship would be great.

Roger Prynne
17-06-2017, 17:29
What about Mid Race saves for the endurance races like the 6, 12, and 24 Hour races

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1339259&viewfull=1#post1339259

breyzipp
17-06-2017, 17:39
No problems, each his taste. Personally, I found it very interesting to have a stockcar career. And yes, an offline custom championship would be great.

No problem, I actually would think there will be something for stockcars in career mode and hey, for variation's sake I certainly wouldn't mind it. At the least a small championship should be possible, maybe indeed a full career championship as well. In PCARS 1 we already had the 1990 Caper Monterey in a mini championship. The 2016 Ford Fusion was only added with a late DLC and I can't remember if there was a mini championship for it or not.

For sure with PCARS 2 there is a heavier focus on American tracks and motorsports from the stuff that's been revealed so it sure looks promising for stockcars.

DECATUR PLAYA
17-06-2017, 19:37
What I didn't like so much in PCARS1 career is that it felt to me that it rained a bit too much in the middle of a race. You know: start in the sun, halfway the race it starts raining and by the end of the race it's dry again. This scene happened for too much if you ask me, as if they overdone the scripted changing weather a bit too much to promote difficult tyre strategies. I wonder on a global average what the most frequent weather conditions are for a race? I think it's dry 70% of the time, if not more? And the rest is probably either changing from dry to wet or else from wet to dry.

I hope with livetrack 3.0 they will not go overboard scripting the career mode to show off 7 seasons in 1 day in a matter of speach. :) Just look at Le Mans so far, it has been warm and sunny the whole week! all practice, all qualifying and so far the first 1,5 hours of the main race have all been sunny. Of course at night it cools down and rubbering sure will have it's effect but there hasn't even been 1 drop of rain so far. Unlike 2016 where they even drove 1 hour behind a safety car and from then on it was an interesting race on a drying track. ;)

Isn't live track supposed to have track conditions that are present at the time that you race there or based on weather forecast. Just asking.

dault3883
17-06-2017, 19:57
No problem, I actually would think there will be something for stockcars in career mode and hey, for variation's sake I certainly wouldn't mind it. At the least a small championship should be possible, maybe indeed a full career championship as well. In PCARS 1 we already had the 1990 Caper Monterey in a mini championship. The 2016 Ford Fusion was only added with a late DLC and I can't remember if there was a mini championship for it or not.

For sure with PCARS 2 there is a heavier focus on American tracks and motorsports from the stuff that's been revealed so it sure looks promising for stockcars.

by american i would want to include Canadian tracks too as both Canada and america are both in north AMERICA LOL

BullWinkle
17-06-2017, 20:28
Our cousins to the south may have more tracks, but our beer is better.;)

hkraft300
17-06-2017, 20:52
Will hybrid cars have adjustable charge/discharge?

Will the turbo monster cars (Nissan ZX-T, for example) be more prone to high boost engine damage?

Will aggressive downshift cause more engine damage and lock-up?

DECATUR PLAYA
17-06-2017, 20:57

It's not better than our foreign beer. LOL!!!!

breyzipp
17-06-2017, 21:09
It's not better than our foreign beer. LOL!!!!

If by that you mean this kitty piss called Heineken then please go away! :)

DECATUR PLAYA
17-06-2017, 21:27
If by that you mean this kitty piss called Heineken then please go away! :)

I'll get my coat.

Konan
19-06-2017, 16:57
I'll get my coat.

Noooo...get a Belgian beer...:p

Schnizz58
19-06-2017, 17:11
That used to be true. When my parents were living in Toronto and I was in school in La., I used to come back to school with a trunk full of Molson & Labatt's. However that's no longer the case. I'd stack our beer up against any other country in the world, even Belgium (sorry Konan).

poirqc
19-06-2017, 17:27
That used to be true. When my parents were living in Toronto and I was in school in La., I used to come back to school with a trunk full of Molson & Labatt's. However that's no longer the case. I'd stack our beer up against any other country in the world, even Belgium (sorry Konan).

While Molson and labatts's may make good beer from a "technical pov", they're far from the tastiest beer around!

dault3883
19-06-2017, 17:29
While Molson and labatts's may make good beer from a "technical pov", they're far from the tastiest beer around!

you like that Budweiser dont you

Schnizz58
19-06-2017, 17:30

Back then they were 10x better than American beer. Now not so much.

DECATUR PLAYA
19-06-2017, 17:46
Noooo...get a Belgian beer...:p

I'll have a Fat Tire every now and then but it can be hard to find sometimes. Good stuff though. Couple of those will have you singing in the rain.

DECATUR PLAYA
19-06-2017, 17:47

You got to be talking about the new IPAs cause our traditional stuff sucks.

dault3883
19-06-2017, 17:55
I'll have a Fat Tire every now and then but it can be hard to find sometimes. Good stuff though. Couple of those will have you singing in the rain.

we have Fat tire up here all the time in North Carolina Decatur

Roger Prynne
19-06-2017, 18:12
You cant beat a good 'Real Ale' from the UK.

Anyway guys lets get back on topic please.

Schnizz58
19-06-2017, 18:29
Ain't nothing Belgian about Fat Tire besides the name. And for the record, beer is always on topic.

Javaniceday
19-06-2017, 18:59
You cant beat a good 'Real Ale' from the UK.

Anyway guys lets get back on topic please.

I agree. Real ale is only from the UK. hehe jk jk

But seriously, can we have a comprehensive list of everything's that's been fixed or changed or improved or is working better from pCARS1 to pCARS2? Not new features (adding rally x), not new iterations of features (livetrack, new tire physics) - things that weren't working in pCARS1 that have been addressed for pCARS2.

Just saying you fixed it, and you listened to the feedback, and "it's all been fixed" and moving on to the new features, that sounds fishy. I think we'd all love a comprehensive list of what's been fixed and how/what's been done to do it.

Schnizz58
19-06-2017, 19:08
But seriously, can we have a comprehensive list of everything's that's been fixed or changed or improved or is working better from pCARS1 to pCARS2?
As useful as that would be, I would guess that the answer is probably "no". A lot of things were rewritten so the hope is that the new code doesn't contain the old bugs. An example would be the severe physics bugs like the invisible walls. They didn't specifically set out to fix that bug but there's a lot of new physics code and hopefully it doesn't exhibit that behavior. On the other hand, they can't say they've fixed it because they were never able to replicate it in the first place.

snipeme77
19-06-2017, 19:19
As useful as that would be, I would guess that the answer is probably "no". A lot of things were rewritten so the hope is that the new code doesn't contain the old bugs. An example would be the severe physics bugs like the invisible walls. They didn't specifically set out to fix that bug but there's a lot of new physics code and hopefully it doesn't exhibit that behavior. On the other hand, they can't say they've fixed it because they were never able to replicate it in the first place.

Oh god the Tigger effect from Need for Speed Shift 1, Can't tell you how pissed I was when I saw it happen in Pcars. Luckily it seemed like a one off thing, probably a bad install

Roger Prynne
19-06-2017, 20:32

Exactly.... saved me some typing :applouse:

BullWinkle
20-06-2017, 01:00
Exactly.... saved me some typing :applouse:

And no doubt used that time saved not typing to have a UK 'Real Ale'. eh? :D

poirqc
20-06-2017, 01:16
you like that Budweiser dont you

What makes you say that?

On a more serious notes, i like all beers. As longs as i'm thursty, a beer's a beer. It's good. From a coor's light to the finest of that odd micro brewery, it's all good!

That's the good thing about beers, the know how got democratized in the last years, there's lots of good options now, from everywhere!

Around 15 years ago, i went to Burlington Vermont with my uncle. We went to Ruben James(small pub downtown), they made their own Stout with a note of cofee. God it rocked my world. It probably the best beer i ever had. I've been in love with those since then!

dault3883
20-06-2017, 01:17
What makes you say that?

On a more serious notes, i like all beers. As longs as i'm thursty, a beer's a beer. It's good. From a coor's light to the finest of that odd micro brewery, it's all good!

i like Redds green apple Ale