PDA

View Full Version : Crash while loading track: "async file object is destroyed whilst still in use"

Mattze
17-06-2017, 10:59
Hello,

recently, whenever I try to start a free practise, Project CARS crashes and following error message occurs:

File: Source\Core\File\Async\BFileAsync.cpp
Line: 125
Func: MWL::Base::BFileAsync::~BFileAsync

This async file object is being destroyed whilst still in use: 'pakfiles\tracks\badenring[group].bff'

... followed by ...

Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT at 0x4078c15b
Thread 0x000016b4

Build SMSARI.20161118.1246.BLDA000

What's the problem? It has worked all the time until a few weeks. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 (64-Bit)
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Thanks for any help!

Roger Prynne
17-06-2017, 11:23
Have you tried 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' in Steam?

Project Cars/Properties/Local Files

Mattze
19-06-2017, 17:49
Steam has found 4 corrupted files. It seems that this has solved the problem, thanks for the hint. I hope it remains so. Just the fact, that I have already reinstalled the game before, seems to me a bit weird ...

Mahjik
19-06-2017, 18:02
Could be an overactive virus scanner. There are a few, like Bitdefender, which seem to not like the way pCARS does patching (and thinks it's a virus).

Mattze
17-07-2017, 19:25
Unfortunately, the same error occurs again today. I've checked the files with Steam again, but nothing was found this time. No idea, what I can do yet. These crashes are really annoying ...

Mahjik
17-07-2017, 19:32
What non-Microsoft applications do you have running (besides Steam)?

Mad Al
17-07-2017, 19:36
Also, any mods..?

Mattze
18-07-2017, 00:06
What non-Microsoft applications do you have running (besides Steam)?

Logitech Gaming Profiler, Avira AntiVir and no mods. I could try to turn off Avira every time, but this cannot be the final solution. Avira is also always switched on and the error has so far "only" occurred twice (but remains until a system reboot).

Mad Al
18-07-2017, 01:08
Logitech Gaming Profiler, Avira AntiVir and no mods. I could try to turn off Avira every time, but this cannot be the final solution. Avira is also always switched on and the error has so far "only" occurred twice (but remains until a system reboot).

Just set your AV to have exceptions for all the Project CARS install and user folders..

Mattze
24-07-2017, 20:21
I have the antivir program turned off and until now the error didn't return, but instead a bunch of other ones (and not the first time!).

File: Source\Modules\AppLoader\BAppLoaderPhase.cpp
Line: 263
Func: MWL::Base::BAppLoaderPhase::LoadError

BAppLoaderPhase:FileError: 13 loading pakfiles\bootsplash.bff

File: Source\Core\Memory\BMemPoolAlloc.cpp
Line: 243
Func: MWL::Base::BMemPool::_Alloc

Unable to allocate 1246319209 bytes of memory from the pool (Game)

File: Source\Modules\Resource\BResourceManager.cpp
Line: 393
Func: MWL::Base::BResourceManager::DecompressAssetLZX

Size Error decompressing asset (XMemDecompress)

I've played the game not often in the past due to lack of time. Now where I have more time, I know a better reason to don't do this. It doesn't look like a specific error, rather like a shitload of errors.

Mad Al
25-07-2017, 00:05
Any overclocks?

Mattze
25-07-2017, 18:15
Any overclocks?

Nope

Sankyo
25-07-2017, 19:45
Did you try a game cache integrity check in Steam?

Mattze
25-07-2017, 20:43
Did you try a game cache integrity check in Steam?

Yes, as Roger Prynne described. Steam didn't find any corrupted files after the first time.

Mattze
28-07-2017, 10:45
Yesterday, the original error occurred again. Seems that the Antivir has no effect on this.

Mahjik
28-07-2017, 20:44
You'll likely have to start uploading some of the crash files so some of the folks here can take a look.

Mattze
31-07-2017, 18:46
You'll likely have to start uploading some of the crash files so some of the folks here can take a look.

Which ones? The exceptions are thrown by the source files. I guess that I don't have access to them?

Mahjik
31-07-2017, 18:55
You zip up the entire latest debug folder with a crash. For example (Dbg 2017-07-31 @ 13.55.00)

Mattze
31-07-2017, 19:12
This is the debug folder of the latest session where the async error occurred. Many thanks for your help!

Mattze
16-08-2017, 22:44
No suggestions? Here are debug files of some crashes in the last weeks. It's really frustrating if the game crashes in the last two laps of a race. So I'll wait with the purchase of Project Cars 2 wether they have fixed these issues.

Sankyo
17-08-2017, 05:49
So you got the async error again after it was solved with a game cache integrity check? Did you do the check again? And are all crashes the same async error?

Mattze
17-08-2017, 19:20
So you got the async error again after it was solved with a game cache integrity check? Did you do the check again? And are all crashes the same async error?

Yeah, I checked it again, but nothing was found. There isn't only the async error, but it's still an issue. It appears in three of the uploaded folders.

Mattze
22-08-2017, 23:15
In the last few days, I got another error every time. I've planned to finish my career before the release of PC2, but this seems impossible now. :(

Sankyo
23-08-2017, 10:59
I've quickly checked one of the log files, and it states:

This async file object is being destroyed whilst still in use: 'pakfiles\tracks\sakitto[group].bff'

This is very typical of a corrupt file, and can be solved by doing the file integrity check in Steam. The point is, however, that something on your system is breaking these files every time, and usually it's anti-virus or anti-malware software. BitDefender, Avast, ESET are known to cause such troubles. You may want to try and remove your AV from your system altogether (turning it off often doesn't really mean it's completely off) and see if that helps.

Another approach could be to add the whole pCARS installation folder to the exception list of your AV/anti-malware program(s).

Mattze
11-09-2017, 19:47
A simple reboot of my computer will also repair the corrupted files. The Steam integrity check afterwards doesn't find anything. (Yes, I've checked it every time)

So, I uninstalled my AntiVir program completely and it seems that the async error is gone. Nevertheless, yesterday, a similar error occurs when I try to start a session:

Source\Modules\AppLoader\BAppLoaderPhase.cpp(263): in function 'MWL::Base::BAppLoaderPhase::LoadError

BAppLoaderPhase: File Error: 13 loading pakfiles\igphaseactivate.bff

Sankyo
12-09-2017, 11:09
A simple reboot of my computer will also repair the corrupted files. The Steam integrity check afterwards doesn't find anything. (Yes, I've checked it every time)

So, I uninstalled my AntiVir program completely and it seems that the async error is gone. Nevertheless, yesterday, a similar error occurs when I try to start a session:

Source\Modules\AppLoader\BAppLoaderPhase.cpp(263): in function 'MWL::Base::BAppLoaderPhase::LoadError

BAppLoaderPhase: File Error: 13 loading pakfiles\igphaseactivate.bff

Does this happen every time you start the game?
If yes, did you check whether the referenced pakfile is on your system, and if yes whether a Steam File Integrity check fixed the file (in either case)? In this case it still looks like something is corrupting/damaging/changing files on your system. What other applications do you have running in the background all the time?

If no and it happens occasionally, then it sounds like something is sometimes preventing file access or something like that. Have you checked your HDD for issues recently?

Mattze
12-09-2017, 19:47
Does this happen every time you start the game?
If yes, did you check whether the referenced pakfile is on your system, and if yes whether a Steam File Integrity check fixed the file (in either case)? In this case it still looks like something is corrupting/damaging/changing files on your system. What other applications do you have running in the background all the time?

If no and it happens occasionally, then it sounds like something is sometimes preventing file access or something like that. Have you checked your HDD for issues recently?

Sorry, I've been misleading. The error occurred when I started a race session (qualifying, if remember correctly), just like the async error before. Until now, it occurred only two days ago. I don't run any external programs in the background except Steam and have no issues with my HDD as far as I know. I cannot explain ...

But thanks for your endurance!

Sankyo
13-09-2017, 09:26
Sorry, I've been misleading. The error occurred when I started a race session (qualifying, if remember correctly), just like the async error before. Until now, it occurred only two days ago. I don't run any external programs in the background except Steam and have no issues with my HDD as far as I know. I cannot explain ...

But thanks for your endurance!
If it only happened once and without changing/fixing anything it didn't happen again, it sounds like some sort of timing conflict leading to this file loading failure?

Mattze
19-09-2017, 15:35
Alright, I've got two "new" errors in one day this weekend. For those of you interested, I added the debug files to the attachment. But I don't feel like it anymore. It seems that the original async error was caused by the AntiVir program, so this thread can be marked as solved. Thank you all for your patience. Project CARS 1 remains a buggy game. Let's hope for the sequel.