PDA

View Full Version : PC2 > Optimization for Xbox One X in Full HD

Jocker
17-06-2017, 13:47
Hello,
Project CARS 2 will it be much more beautiful in Full HD on the Xbox One X than on the Xbox One S ?

Thanks ;)

Mahjik
17-06-2017, 13:50
No information has been provided on this.. All that has been said is that SMS will not hold back features for it as compared to other consoles.

mkstatto
18-06-2017, 19:40
I just hopes it runs half decently on the stock Xbox with a Kinect plugged in and in instant on mode, unlike the stuttering on PC1.

breyzipp
18-06-2017, 22:04
No information has been provided on this.. All that has been said is that SMS will not hold back features for it as compared to other consoles.

Makes me wonder what that will be. Higher framerate, faster loading times and higher resolution are the obvious ones, HDR will be there as well I assume (if PC2 has HDR to begin with). But I hope it goes a step further with more AI on the grid for singleplayer and who knows what else.

What were the main differences between PC and console for PC1?

Zpectre87
18-06-2017, 22:12

I'd take medium graphics on the Scorpio if it did 4K@60.

SMS needs to try and hit 60. Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive. It might require CBR, but if the game still looks better than Forza (or at least comparable) people won't care.

breyzipp
18-06-2017, 22:28
Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it

Well it's not that their feature list is big on this one so for sure they need to hammer on their 60 fps for 4K HDR since it's all they have. What else was new in their latest upcoming title? A few of the maps have dynamic rain and you can now put an astronaut in your car, wheeeee!!!!!!! :rolleyes: Seriously I think they do well enough digging their own grave.

Silraed
19-06-2017, 03:30
Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive.

Forza is basically first party software though, they have the best case scenario for optimisation.
Considering Phil Spencer and his apparent complete disregard of 60fps being important and deflecting questions in interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if even with the power in the Xbox One X we will see 3rd party games unable to pull 60fps at 4k.

Zpectre87
19-06-2017, 03:43
Forza is basically first party software though, they have the best case scenario for optimisation.
Considering Phil Spencer and his apparent complete disregard of 60fps being important and deflecting questions in interviews, I wouldn't be surprised if even with the power in the Xbox One X we will see 3rd party games unable to pull 60fps at 4k.

Lots of them will be 30 fps, because the hardware can't do it, 6 TFLOPS is just too little for 4K and 60 fps.

snipeme77
20-06-2017, 16:19
I just hopes it runs half decently on the stock Xbox with a Kinect plugged in and in instant on mode, unlike the stuttering on PC1.
I haven't had any major problem with Pcars one. just make sure you restart the game before you start racing

snipeme77
20-06-2017, 16:21
I'd take medium graphics on the Scorpio if it did 4K@60.

SMS needs to try and hit 60. Forza will have 60 and they're marketing the hell out of it, so this is pretty important, not to mention the hardcore public who prefers 60 because it's more responsive. It might require CBR, but if the game still looks better than Forza (or at least comparable) people won't care.

I honestly don't give a damn about framerate as long as it stable. it can be 24 which is the lowest your eye can see but as long as it's a rock solid you would never notice.

DECATUR PLAYA
20-06-2017, 18:42
I honestly don't give a damn about framerate as long as it stable. it can be 24 which is the lowest your eye can see but as long as it's a rock solid you would never notice.

For me Pcars is already a beautiful game any enhancements will only make it better. I'm more worried right now about all these new features working properly. I waiting now to see gameplay with pitting and many of the other new features that are coming.

Ryzza5
21-06-2017, 05:16

In years gone by I noticed I needed at least 37-40 FPS or better to play/drive well (particularly dodging traffic in open world titles). With pCARS1 I noticed another improvement in consistent car placement when I had over 75 FPS (although on a 60Hz panel). I now have 100Hz at my disposal. For games that I have both on PC and PS4 (which is connected to a Sony 4K TV so there may be additional display lag), the difference feels drastically different, and I end up playing Rocket League like a bit of a noob on PS4. That said, if I only ever played PS4 I'm sure I would get used to it and improve.

OddTimer
21-06-2017, 20:04
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1340085&viewfull=1#post1340085

4k 60fps on Xbox one X!!

Jocker
23-06-2017, 17:57
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?49473-Project-CARS-2-What-we-are-99-100-certain-about&p=1340085&viewfull=1#post1340085

4k 60fps on Xbox one X!!

REALLY AMAZING :D

ryandtw
27-06-2017, 00:53
Umm, not really...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LV7rXDEoI

Jocker
04-07-2017, 18:51
Not news for the Full HD on X1X ?

FIA
05-07-2017, 02:45
Most people will play the xbox one and not the x1x game and thay will want more than anything is a smooth game play without shuttering and bugs in online play
that was not good and made races hard too like..