PDA

View Full Version : PCARS2 handling discussion (wheel and controller)

breyzipp
21-06-2017, 22:13
I know the PCARS2 E3 Inside Sim racing handling review was very positive as well as various people talking about PCARS2 handling from their own experience (Team VVV after the April Rallycross media event for example). However GT Planet doesn't seem to be too impressive about the wheel (might be the G29) and the controller at E3.

I'll post the link here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-2-e3-2017-hands-impressions/

Put all handling related questions, comments and videos in this thread as well as there does 't seem to be on yet. Mods if I overlooked it, feel fee to merge my thread to an existing one.

Javaniceday
21-06-2017, 23:30
If insideSimRacing and Team VVV think it's good, I wouldn't pay too much mind about what GTPlanet thinks since they aren't focused on sim racing. I do hope they include that "counter-steer" assist for the controller, though. I'm quite good with the controller, but even I have trouble counter steering sometimes. That assist does help when using the controller.

snipeme77
21-06-2017, 23:33
So long story short, GT planet just confirmed I was right, and Team VVV was right. The gamepad handling is still broken. (Or at least not polished enough to be released.)

"Driving the Ferrari at*Algarve, the gamepad felt twitchy and disconnected. Even after a few laps, we*felt uncomfortable and frustrated, constantly making awkward steering adjustments to keep the car on the racing line. It was not fun to play, and we were*ready to put the pad down and move on to the Logitech wheel." - GT planet E3

"I think it's fairly early development as far as controller is concerned. Some of the inputs come across too drastic sometimes, especially mid corner like you can see here. Coming in on the inside of this Aston Martin, I make a little bit of a adjustment and get into a fishtail mid corner." - Team VVV Apr 18, 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv7V1qNMOO8

Come on guys it's 2017, I though we had things like gamepad controls figured out to the T in like 2008. Twitchy and disconnected is almost the perfect way to describe Pcars 1 right now on my Xbox. I feel like I'm merely offering a vague suggestion on what the car needs to do, but in actual fact it's going to do whatever the heck it wants. And to hear it's not any better on a consumer level racing wheel (Granted it sounds like the wheel may have failed but who knows.) scares me beyond belief. Especially considering this was a GT3 car and they where about the only cars that felt somewhat right on Pcars 1...

I don't know what to think, but I'll tell you this now. I and many others I'm sure are demanding a demo or Beta or at least some way of trying and proving the controls aren't all screwball nearer to release.

Mad Al
22-06-2017, 00:17
As I explained in the comments on the VVV footage, the fishtailing was caused by the TC killing all throttle control as it was coming in for both lateral and longitudinal slip.. this has been corrected and the TC is now way better (as is the SC and ABS) and is now an aid, not a hindrance. So you can basically ignore anything VVV said back in April as it's now no longer relevant (that issue with TC was affecting both gamepad AND wheel users).

I have no idea what the problem was that GT Planet have, and I also have no idea if the 488 they drove has had a final pass on the gamepad settings (which is being handled by none other than Jussi.. who is doing a sterling job)
I know there will be people who want to wave their cocks about and say how wonderful they are because they can run without any aids on a gamepad.. but you don't need to try and be a hero, they are there to actually help make life easier.

snipeme77
22-06-2017, 00:35
As I explained in the comments on the VVV footage, the fishtailing was caused by the TC killing all throttle control as it was coming in for both lateral and longitudinal slip.. this has been corrected and the TC is now way better (as is the SC and ABS) and is now an aid, not a hindrance. So you can basically ignore anything VVV said back in April as it's now no longer relevant (that issue with TC was affecting both gamepad AND wheel users).

I have no idea what the problem was that GT Planet have, and I also have no idea if the 488 they drove has had a final pass on the gamepad settings (which is being handled by none other than Jussi.. who is doing a sterling job)
I know there will be people who want to wave their cocks about and say how wonderful they are because they can run without any aids on a gamepad.. but you don't need to try and be a hero, they are there to actually help make life easier.

I've got no problem with using driver aids, in pcars I ran with TCS ABS and stability managment and I still have problems driving the cars. Some cars TCS didn't even work, like the V8 supercar.

Whether or not it was the traction control causing the fishtailing on team VVV's video, the fact that gtplanet is having the same problems two months after the fact is worrying, especially when the lead developer''s out telling everyone the controls were fixed on day one. It almost sounds like they had different builds running at E3, most of the press got the good ones but gtplanet got the bad one.

This would be again consistent with the day one edition problems of project Cars 1 on Xbox One like time slowing down when you run a large feel of lmp1 cars at sakkatio. (I think that's how you spell it.) And the fact that there were a lot of glitches that you were never ever able to recreate signals to me that there were multiple versions of the game that got released to the public and they weren't all the same.

Again I can't prove any of this but seeing stuff on the form and my own experiences, I just can't help but worry. Pcars2 is shaping up to be my dream racing game, I fear I might have to wait till pcars 3 before I can have fun playing the game.

Ian Bell
22-06-2017, 00:54
GT Planet is the single and only negative or less than stellar feedback we've had from any reviewers running the latest pad code from E3 or elsewhere. The general consensus from the thousands in WMD is that it's great or at least 'dramatically improved' since we tuned it for all cars individually. Team VVV's pad feedback was from a 3 months ago build before the tuning had been started per car...

So, while nothing will ever be perfect for everyone, this is an outlier and you shouldn't worry. I've only been using pad for months now and I think it's ace where I distinctly disliked it, which I openly acknowledged, for pCARS1.

Rambo_Commando
22-06-2017, 02:05
Can someone clarify if we are able to fine tune our gamepad like in Pcars1 or will there only be multiple presets? I always liked that about Pcars1 so I hope it's not changed. I know Pcars1 was a bit of a grind to find that sweet spot but when I found it I couldn't play other racing games on console anymore.

breyzipp
22-06-2017, 03:45
GT Planet is the single and only negative or less than stellar feedback we've had from any reviewers running the latest pad code from E3 or elsewhere. The general consensus from the thousands in WMD is that it's great or at least 'dramatically improved' since we tuned it for all cars individually. Team VVV's pad feedback was from a 3 months ago build before the tuning had been started per car...

So, while nothing will ever be perfect for everyone, this is an outlier and you shouldn't worry. I've only been using pad for months now and I think it's ace where I distinctly disliked it, which I openly acknowledged, for pCARS1.

Thanks for the reply. The GT Planet E3 experience was indeed inconsistent with everything else I've read up until today about handling. Actually The American's post on the Q&A forum at GT planet made me feel good as he's using the gamepad as well now and he is also a "tapper" he said. Since I played Forza the most myself on my controller I'm also a tapper.

I can already drive some cars in PCARS1 with my XBox controller pretty good, others not so good. But I didn't spend much time tweaking them all individually, they are all either stock or else a recommended tune. So the fact that some work pretty nice already means quite something for me. And since the controller is already vastly improved over PCARS1 I'm confident it will work just fine in PCARS2. It's just that the GT Planet E3 thoughts are not in line with everything else about the handling. Maybe invite them over to redo that Ferrari 488 race on Algarve but maybe on another wheel (since they hint the G29 might be the problem).

FR-Alan
22-06-2017, 04:16
Dear Ian, some media are not legit (You know That for exemple for sponsoring them). And even if we want to trust You, or at least, trust the quality of the Product, your "words are not enough". Even WMD whovare under NDA cant speak. So, not saying You have something to proove but giving a demo Will ne an enormous push for people confidence. Or not...

honespc
22-06-2017, 04:24
On the traction control issue in pc1 a user was talking about, and which I didn't know anything about.. then should I disable it for example in GT3 cars, or raising the % or something?. I didn't know It was a hindrance in pc1 and tbh I can not notice it (running between 10-12% setting on GT3 cars). When I disable traction control in GT3 cars they actually become harder to control as expected since these cars seem to depend too much on it, with exceptions like the McLaren and the Corvette.

Could anyone Please explain what to do then or the preferred TC setting for these kind of categories that make use traction control?. Wheel user here, no pad. Better disabled (in the cars that have it) if it's a problem regardless the setting then?

Cheesenium
22-06-2017, 04:31
I am a tapper pad user where I find the pad controls to be much better than Pcars 1.

The issue is, Pcars is not exactly a pick up and play sort of game like GT, Forza or Codemasters games (but I think their F1 do have quite a fair bit of difficulty curve with some assists options off). Even if it is a GT3, there are still some learning curve to get used to the handling behaviour.

Perhaps GT Planet did not have enough hands on time?

OddTimer
22-06-2017, 08:42
I know this guy has got really bad driving skills, but he played PCars 2 on a pad at E3 and what I see on the screen is nothing like it's been reported by GTPlanet...the car bounces off the sausage curbs and the controller response does not look like twitchy at all, on the contrary. Great to see SMS is on the case already!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPWK3pl9pE

honespc
22-06-2017, 11:11
Looks good to me even If I don't use 3rd person view and pad. Too forgiving though, specially when bouncing off curbs. I hope PC2 don't become GT Sports "2" when It comes to this area, specially on high speed spin recovery window when riding on racing slicks (GT3, GT3, Open wheels etc).

The reworked diffs sure will be much appreciated, but there needs to be limits to car (racing cars on slicks) recovery.

breyzipp
22-06-2017, 11:19
I know this guy has got really bad driving skills, but he played PCars 2 on a pad at E3 and what I see on the screen is nothing like it's been reported by GTPlanet...the car bounces off the sausage curbs and the controller response does not look like twitchy at all, on the contrary. Great to see SMS is on the case already!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPWK3pl9pE

Fully agree with what you are saying. Even with his driving skills and taking into consideration this is without a racing line and on a track he probably doesn't know, once he is driving without traffic it seems to me he can control the car quite good. I also don't see any problem keeping the car in a straight line (passing the long start/finish section).

FS7
22-06-2017, 14:08
I play PCars1 with aids set to real & manual transmission, so to me feedback about controller handling is only relevant if the person is using real driving aids & manual transmission, using driving aids in cars that don't have them might numb the feel of the car and cause the person driving to get a wrong impression of the handling imo. It would also be useful to know the person's driving style (tap steer, on/off only inputs, precision steer, gradual precise inputs, etc).

Some questions:
-For the people who've tried PCars2 with controller did they use only the default controller settings or did they try different controller settings?
-Is there only 1 default controller setting? Or is there multiple default controller settings that are more suited to certain driving styles? (eg: a setting for casual/tap steer, another for precision steering)
-Are there explanations in-game for all the controller settings and how they affect handling? Having to stop playing the game to look up settings explanations on Google/official forums was a major pita in PCars1.

Ryzza5
23-06-2017, 07:15
Dear Ian, some media are not legit (You know That for example for sponsoring them). And even if we want to trust You, or at least, trust the quality of the Product, your "words are not enough". Even WMD who are under NDA cant speak. So, not saying You have something to prove but giving a demo Will need an enormous push for people confidence. Or not...

Steam offer refunds if you're not happy with <2 hours gameplay. Should be plenty enough to evaluate if the gamepad handling is to your tastes.

Last night I tried driving a V8 Supercar in heavy snow on gamepad with no aids. Yes it is stupid and very difficult to get the power down without sliding and yes I had to turn the AI skill all the way down but I did manage ok for the most part and it was fun for me, partly because we've never really been able to do anything like that before, besides perhaps in a rally game. In fairness I should really try it again with aids enabled to see what differences there are.

Cheesenium
23-06-2017, 07:48
-For the people who've tried PCars2 with controller did they use only the default controller settings or did they try different controller settings?

I only use default, most cars are quite pickup and play for me. The more difficult cars are classes like Group C and open wheels but those are kinda expected as they have tremendous amount of torque and no electronic assists.

hkraft300
23-06-2017, 08:27
TC in pc1 I've found to be an assist, not a cure-all.
Some of the more powerful cars can overcome TC if you're silly with the throttle, and still spin.
I haven't seen enough footage yet (only the 488 GT3) in pc2 where you can see the tc working on the throttle bar.

FR-Alan
23-06-2017, 11:49
Steam offer refunds if you're not happy with <2 hours gameplay. Should be plenty enough to evaluate if the gamepad handling is to your tastes.

Last night I tried driving a V8 Supercar in heavy snow on gamepad with no aids. Yes it is stupid and very difficult to get the power down without sliding and yes I had to turn the AI skill all the way down but I did manage ok for the most part and it was fun for me, partly because we've never really been able to do anything like that before, besides perhaps in a rally game. In fairness I should really try it again with aids enabled to see what differences there are.

Thanks for the info, i knew that. I am not talking only for pad that a demo could be appreciated even if it is the main topic. If i want to try a game, i want to test, graphics, sounds and of course handling. With PC1 in 2 hours, you just restart the game a couple of times to test the graphics configuration.:boxing:. Joke aside, i think it is not normal to pay something full price to test it and get refund. Just my opinion.
I have read somewhere that a demo do not impact positively the sales. If i m not sure about that, i understand however that position.

Sankyo
23-06-2017, 12:23
... i think it is not normal to pay something full price to test it and get refund. Just my opinion.
Well why not? With many products you have a 'cool down' period after purchase to actually try/judge the product whether it lives up to your expectations, if it fits etc. Why not with a computer game that you cannot try before you buy?

I have read somewhere that a demo do not impact positively the sales. If i m not sure about that, i understand however that position.
That's a very old, very long and still very undecided discussion :) For some games it may have impact, for others it will not. Fact is though that it costs time, effort and money to make and distribute, which not every developer may want to spend on it :)

snipeme77
23-06-2017, 15:06

And what about us on console. If you start the game and you can't get a refund anymore? Still demanding a demo or beta.

DECATUR PLAYA
23-06-2017, 15:37
And what about us on console. If you start the game and you can't get a refund anymore? Still demanding a demo or beta.

I wouldn't and don't worry about the gamepad handling because it's really a easy fix. The problem with pcars 1 was on releases the left joystick or steering was way to sensitive which made it extremely difficult to make corrections down straights. They are just going to make it less sensitive problem fixed. The rest is on the driver.

Konan
23-06-2017, 16:43

Demanding?
Trust me on this: you will not want to get rid of the game once you played it...and this is coming from a WMD2 insider who isn't able to play it either...

mkstatto
23-06-2017, 17:02
For consoles demo's are very much a dying bread, a quick check of the Xbox marketplace shows just 43 demo's released since 2013 for a total of over 900 games, most by first party or mega developers with big budgets.

The days where you get the a little miniature cd/dvd version of game's with that month's magazine are long gone.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/game-demos/games/xbox?target=games..all

breyzipp
23-06-2017, 17:07

You can always wait until post release and first see how the community responds. Not that I would hint this game needs that caution, I already decided to buy it long time ago and all the info released the passed months only improves further on that feeling.

mkstatto
23-06-2017, 17:17
You can always wait until post release and first see how the community responds. Not that I would hint this game needs that caution, I already decided to buy it long time ago and all the info released the passed months only improves further on that feeling.

Exactly this, did the same earlier in the year with Don Bradman Cricket 17. Smallish developer, with first iteration of the game proving buggy at launch, decided to wait for the first proper user reviews and then bought it a month later two patches down the line.

Did I miss being a part of the day 1 hype/buzz, no, because a) who really cares that you have the game on day 1, b) I had conditioned myself that my release date was a month or two post release.

If you truly worry about how it will perform out of the box, enlist some patience, I've heard it's a virtue.

Fyi, if you like cricket seriously give DB17 a go, cracking game.

snipeme77
23-06-2017, 17:27
For consoles demo's are very much a dying bread, a quick check of the Xbox marketplace shows just 43 demo's released since 2013 for a total of over 900 games, most by first party or mega developers with big budgets.

The days where you get the a little miniature cd/dvd version of game's with that month's magazine are long gone.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/game-demos/games/xbox?target=games..all
Yeah but you aren't counting betas, hour long full game trials, and the early development play early thing.

hkraft300
23-06-2017, 17:31
Yeah but you aren't counting betas, hour long full game trials, and the early development play early thing.

Buy disc. Try it. Refund.
Stop making excuses. There's plenty ways without a demo and every suggestion has been legitimate to help you try the game without losing a dime.
SMS won't be doing a demo and that was confirmed a long time ago.
Should've got in on wmd if you wanted early access and betas.

mkstatto
23-06-2017, 17:36

Okay I didn't, but I currently count 5: http://games.gamepressure.com/beta-tests.asp?ID=2_16

Not a great deal of them especially given the busy Christmas release window is fast approaching. Clutching at straws I think. How many of those are major releases as well?

Grijo
23-06-2017, 17:53
The game was not even released and people are already complaining about something they did not even experienced, like the handling? And already talking about refund? These forums are becoming worse everyday and keeping me away from. I think Ill have to write "Project Cars: The claimant's manual - Part 2"...

The thing is that I bought the PS4 Pro mostly because Pcars 2. Im hiped and waiting anxiously for the release. Im not concerned about the game. Ill wait to see it with my own eyes and feel it with my wheel.

Konan
23-06-2017, 17:58
The game was not even released and people are already complaining about something they did not even experienced, like the handling? And already talking about refund? These forums are becoming worse everyday and keeping me away from. I think Ill have to write "Project Cars: The claimant's manual - Part 2"...

The thing is that I bought the PS4 Pro mostly because Pcars 2. Im hiped and waiting anxiously for the release. Im not concerned about the game. Ill wait to see it with my own eyes and feel it with my wheel.

To be fair,he was basing his doubts on a press release...but i understand your point (mostly from visiting other forums though)
Still...taking one report for truth opposed to many many who state different...

IceShaft
23-06-2017, 18:03
Well said Grijo! I read this forum everyday and sometimes I'm just like WTF is wrong with you people??? :miserable:

Grijo
23-06-2017, 18:04
To be fair,he was basing his doubts on a press release...but i understand your point (mostly from visiting other forums though)
Still...taking one report for truth opposed to many many who state different...

That was not for @breyzipp who opened the thread...only for general complainers in all threads...

snipeme77
23-06-2017, 18:08
Buy disc. Try it. Refund.
Stop making excuses. There's plenty ways without a demo and every suggestion has been legitimate to help you try the game without losing a dime.
SMS won't be doing a demo and that was confirmed a long time ago.
Should've got in on wmd if you wanted early access and betas.

Buying disk is probably not a bad shout.

Konan
23-06-2017, 18:10
That was not for @breyzipp who opened the thread...only for general complainers in all threads...

I know...:cool:
In general though...it's quite normal for people to have doubts and expressing them (that's partly what forums are about)
It's the way these doubts are expressed that might cause issues but (again in general) i think this forum is quite reasonable as to members expressing their thoughts in a reasonable way...

snipeme77
23-06-2017, 18:18

As someone else said, I'm expressing my worry over the lastest press release's related to gamepad handing. My beef about refunds has more to do with how Xbox and Sony conduct's their business than SMS.

I'm looking forward to pcars2 as well, my worries come from wanting this game to be good (and playable). But I've been screwed over by too many game's lately to just blindly trust people anymore, especially as press get their hands on the games and voice their concerns.

That's why I want a demo, beta or something cause I know I'm not alone in this matter. BUT I think Hkraft has got the right idea. I'll just buy the disk on release. That way I have some sort of insurance that I'm not burning more money on games I can't play...

Remember $60 is a lot when your a poor college kid. That's literally a week of food I'm putting aside to buy and play this game.

Roger Prynne
23-06-2017, 18:19
I know...:cool:
In general though...it's quite normal for people to have doubts and expressing them (that's partly what forums are about)
It's the way these doubts are expressed that might cause issues but (again in general) i think this forum is quite reasonable as to members expressing their thoughts in a reasonable way...

Took a long time to get there though, but once we weeded out the idiots it turned out quite good.

honespc
23-06-2017, 20:33
I have to admit I have some concerns on the new and supposedly more friendly differentials.

The way they work in PC1 on both racing and most road cars is really well done to me. Most folks usually go very low (even bellow the 20% mark) on the accel diff setup, but those who can handle the throttle and back end of the car well and know how to wait for the tyres to be warmed up properly (this is critical when running high diff settings), know that in fact 35% or little above in many cases is the way to go to have your car rotating properly, being faster all around the track, and feel the car agile through corners at all moments. However, these higher accel. diff settings requiere a wheel and a lot of practice on throttle, braking and wheel imputs.

I love all the subtleties that are actually game changer in what it comes to car behaviour (ok as long as you have a wheel that's true, because this game is meant to be played on a wheel let's be honest) specially on the differential job, and I fear some of these will be somewhat lost to pc2 in order to make the game feel more beginner friendly or something. In pC1 you can setup the famous Mustang Boss GT4 to behave more like the other cars but while still remaining its particuar wa, and when you achieve things like that and manage to go fast around the track, the sense of accomplishment can only be matched by the fun you have.

PC1 is game to be so proud of, even as a user. Devs should be too because of the achieved. The game feels way more connected than others like assetto corsa, and the fun you get with pc1 riding in all weather conditions and in so many tracks with the wonderful optimization on a wheel is just something many should consider. If things are done right, PC2 should be a killer.

On a side note, I would have loved the second installment to focus solely on European racing like almost the entire first game did, featuring way more British local tracks primarily and/or around Europe. I know though there's a lot of american tracks like Laguna and Road America that can't be simply overlooked, or Road Atlanta and Sebring. Still, PC1 has offered me, above anything else, those old school TOCA touring car feelings while riding around those amazing British local tracks, regardless the car, but of course with the tremendous superior handling and physics the game sports

hkraft300
24-06-2017, 01:06
I'm looking forward to pcars2 as well, my worries come from wanting this game to be good (and playable).

PC1 is very playable with game pad and pc2 will, worst case scenario, feel the same. I disagree that pc1 controller steering was too "twitchy" or sensitive. There was a huge range of sensitivity for everyone to tap steer or be super smooth. The way I see it: "if he can do it, so can I". And if I can do it, so can you.
If you like the game, spend the time to tweak it.
A perfect-for-everyone-tailored-for-me experience from everything is not a realistic expectation in life.
You buy a $1million LaFerrari, you get custom seat cushions for the carbon tub seats to fit your butt. That's about it.

... But I've been screwed over by too many game's...

Really?
How could those games be so horrible to you.
My precious little flower.

snipeme77
24-06-2017, 02:16
Really?
How could those games be so horrible to you.
My precious little flower.

You obviously haven't played Payday 2...

So this game launched on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 with a simple promise, a bank robbing simulator and honestly, the base game did that, it had some great gun customizations, banging music, intense firefights and fun well balanced Co Op. Then they basically fu%@#@ off and only updated the PC version for almost 2 years, while going to every game shows like E3 constantly plugging the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Eventually they release a couple of DLC packs by rereleasing the game which split up the online base, which broke the game online...

Then they announced they would bring the game to PS4 and Xbox one. They swore up and down the game would be continuously updated with all the DLC that was on the PC version. And as a bonus to those who bought the OG game on consoles, we were suppose to get some sort of refund or bonus, both of which got "canceled." (How you cancel a refund is beyond me.) But whatever, I bought the game again, hearing the developer swear up and down the game was going to be updated...

Actually they just broke it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKwJBIzIcw
This happened for 3 months after the game launched on Xbox one and PS4. Couldn't join a online game in a game that is heavily dependent on Co Op. Sadly on Xbox one, they never fixed it, there's only a match making style work around that has completely killed the game as people just constantly kick you out.

The devs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0DvM0szis

Business Practices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdC1Z60mA6E

The only good thing I can say about Overkill is they did eventually release all the DLC on the new consoles. But they never fixed the Xbox version of the game, leaving in it's broken crappy state. Plus to add salt on the wound they just announced their releasing it on the Switch. (Please for the love of God, if you have a Switch don't buy Payday 2. Don't support horrible business practices.)

I might as well have burned $80 plus $25 for Xbox live

Anyway how this relates to Pcars is pretty simple. The general consciences is the controls for game pad sucked in the first game. Even in this thread, Ian Bell said he thought they were lacking. When Pcars2 was shown off for the first time, I watched Team VVV's interview with Bell and the very first thing he talked about was how they fixed gamepad handling and vastly improved it. Great, that's what I wanted to hear!

Then the Rallycross trailer dropped, and again I watched Team VVV's coverage, and they said the controller still had some issues. Since then from talking to people on this form, there has been some explanation, like the traction control problems that Mad AI was talking about. Okay fine, I voiced my concerns, and most of them where dealt with and explained.

Then E3 happens. And I must say the game looks fantastic. Graphics are amazing, we've got multiclass racing, most of the press seemed pumped, especially those who played on the VR set ups. But once again, here a big motor racing game ordinated website GT Planet basically reports the same problems Team VVV did in their gameplay 3 months ago. Again I bring my concerns to the forum, Mr. Bell explains the car tuning process and how SMS is doing it car by car. Which is cool and again great to hear, but that means the gamepad controls weren't fixed on Day one. It also still bugs me that two of the larger racing game sites had similar problems 3 months apart from one another.

So we have 90 ish days till the game launches. I am hoping and praying this game will be as good as it looks because it very well could be a contender for racing game of the year. I'm going to preorder on disk, and I fully plan to write a review on it. But you have to understand, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, If Pcars2 launches and the gamepad feels like Project Cars does today, you'll chase off a lot of customers for any other games in the stable.

And there's going to be people who are going to say, just buy a racing wheel noob. I would love to, if only I didn't keep getting laid off.

Ryzza5
24-06-2017, 02:55
I'm sure everyone has been 'screwed over' (severely disappointed) by some games but it's good to also keep in mind that for the number of hours entertainment we get from most good ones, they generally work out pretty cheap compared to other forms of entertainment where you have to go out to various establishments/venues (movies/concerts/sports games/go karts/etc). The sad thing is (generally speaking) though, we tend to transition from lots of time to play but not enough income to buy, to lots of income to spend but not enough time to play.

I'll see if I can capture a few videos of Project CARS 2 with the gamepad and get them approved for sharing with you guys. I'm just having strange difficulty getting the video to capture since upgrading my monitor from 1080p to 1440p (and I have the aforementioned lack of time syndrome). Perhaps someone may like to start a thread where everyone can request certain cars/tracks/conditions for videos and those with access can take a look. Of course you are only allowed to request to see content that has been announced/revealed.

snipeme77
24-06-2017, 03:30
I'm sure everyone has been 'screwed over' (severely disappointed) by some games but it's good to also keep in mind that for the number of hours entertainment we get from most good ones, they generally work out pretty cheap compared to other forms of entertainment where you have to go out to various establishments/venues (movies/concerts/sports games/go karts/etc). The sad thing is (generally speaking) though, we tend to transition from lots of time to play but not enough income to buy, to lots of income to spend but not enough time to play.

I'll see if I can capture a few videos of Project CARS 2 with the gamepad and get them approved for sharing with you guys. I'm just having strange difficulty getting the video to capture since upgrading my monitor from 1080p to 1440p (and I have the aforementioned lack of time syndrome). Perhaps someone may like to start a thread where everyone can request certain cars/tracks/conditions for videos and those with access can take a look. Of course you are only allowed to request to see content that has been announced/revealed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Pcars Driver 44
24-06-2017, 08:41

For me I'd be happy with Pcars 1 controller characteristics in PC2! Yes on day one it was unusable for me! But after updates and a lot of faffing around with the game settings I've got it to be better than Forza! And not for one second am I knocking Forza because I've loved that series. I just now prefer Pcars! Once you have your controller settings right and put a tune on the car the Longitudinal Weight Bias & Sway Bar help get the best feel for driving. Was struggling with a piticular car and said on the forum and straight away got help think it was hkraft300 (Apologies if not) he said try adjust your Sway Bars more and this helped. It's people like hkraft300 that make the game more enjoyable and I personally love the messing with the setting it never gets boring and as for Pcars 2 well I can't wait.

Sankyo
24-06-2017, 10:47
I have to admit I have some concerns on the new and supposedly more friendly differentials.

The way they work in PC1 on both racing and most road cars is really well done to me. Most folks usually go very low (even bellow the 20% mark) on the accel diff setup, but those who can handle the throttle and back end of the car well and know how to wait for the tyres to be warmed up properly (this is critical when running high diff settings), know that in fact 35% or little above in many cases is the way to go to have your car rotating properly, being faster all around the track, and feel the car agile through corners at all moments. However, these higher accel. diff settings requiere a wheel and a lot of practice on throttle, braking and wheel imputs.

I love all the subtleties that are actually game changer in what it comes to car behaviour (ok as long as you have a wheel that's true, because this game is meant to be played on a wheel let's be honest) specially on the differential job, and I fear some of these will be somewhat lost to pc2 in order to make the game feel more beginner friendly or something. In pC1 you can setup the famous Mustang Boss GT4 to behave more like the other cars but while still remaining its particuar wa, and when you achieve things like that and manage to go fast around the track, the sense of accomplishment can only be matched by the fun you have.

The differential modelling of pC1 had some significant shortcomings. The basics were OK, but for cars having more complex diffs, the model wasn't entirely correct. pC2 has much better diff modelling, truer to life. It has nothing to do with making the game more 'beginner friendly'. The only goal of SMS is to make a simulation that is as realistic as possible. Catering for beginners and casual players surely is an important aspect of the game's development, but this is not done through sacrificing realism.

EHM
24-06-2017, 16:33
How old is the clip of the Renault going over the curbs?

I can't put my finger on it (And I can't see the track geometry before to be sure) but something seems very off about the suspension, on another note I had heard the non contact dust/smoke has already been fixed.

Roger Prynne
24-06-2017, 19:16
^
August 2016 build

Tip: Look at the video on YouTube and check out the info.