PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Wheel snapping left to right at low speeds

DonnyC
24-06-2017, 16:13
Hi all , apologies if this is the wrong place just looking for a bit of advice thought it might be an ' all platform ' thing ..

I run on Xbox one with a TMX wheel and have an issue of the wheel violently snapping from left to right when at low speeds, it's incredibly frustrating and immersion breaking . If I come off the wheel smashes itself into full lock and begins violently and constantly knocking/banging side to side , I have to try and press the menu button on the wheel for this to stop . I had used some inputs for a T150 and had everything set perfectly and it was behaving well but these issues seem to appear randomly and force me to reset everything to default. What I want to know is if this is a common issue and if there is a parameter or setting that controls this . I had come across people writing about center spring
But I am not sure if that is what my issue is caused by ? Would really appreciate anyone's help or suggestions, the car handles brilliantly otherwise and I want to preserve the feel of what I have ffb wise ( other than the violent glitchy at low speed/ spin off )

poirqc
25-06-2017, 02:42
Hi all , apologies if this is the wrong place just looking for a bit of advice thought it might be an ' all platform ' thing ..

I run on Xbox one with a TMX wheel and have an issue of the wheel violently snapping from left to right when at low speeds, it's incredibly frustrating and immersion breaking . If I come off the wheel smashes itself into full lock and begins violently and constantly knocking/banging side to side , I have to try and press the menu button on the wheel for this to stop . I had used some inputs for a T150 and had everything set perfectly and it was behaving well but these issues seem to appear randomly and force me to reset everything to default. What I want to know is if this is a common issue and if there is a parameter or setting that controls this . I had come across people writing about center spring
But I am not sure if that is what my issue is caused by ? Would really appreciate anyone's help or suggestions, the car handles brilliantly otherwise and I want to preserve the feel of what I have ffb wise ( other than the violent glitchy at low speed/ spin off )

Put Steering Gain to 1.

DonnyC
25-06-2017, 20:59
Cheers for getting back to me mate , I will give it a try now and post how I got on incase anyone else reading this has the same issue. :)

DonnyC
25-06-2017, 21:22
Oh wow ! Just done some scruffy laps and banged a few walls and ....it's completely fixed it !! It's been driving me mad for ages! Massive thanks mate , the wheel feels a 1000x better!

Edroh De Nornal
27-06-2017, 13:12
I read it. Thanks
help me a lot